Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Tear down the Sandy Hook School???

Old 05-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #21
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Not the largest amount, but could it be the biggest waste simply based on the reason of the waste? I'm not arguing with you, just proposing a counter question, I wouldn't say it is the biggest either.
I would be more upset over giving money to Isreal and Egypt etc over rebuilding this school , but there again it might set up an unsustainable precident for the next one
Old 05-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #22
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I would be more upset over giving money to Isreal and Egypt etc over rebuilding this school , but there again it might set up an unsustainable precident for the next one
Like I said, I wasn't arguing, more or less devil's advocate. Personally I feel entitlement programs are a bigger waste...

The biggest mistake of the whole situation isn't financial, it is rebuilding on the same site, then when you consider the financial implications that are not going to really solve anything for those affected.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #23
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Like I said, I wasn't arguing, more or less devil's advocate. Personally I feel entitlement programs are a bigger waste...

The biggest mistake of the whole situation isn't financial, it is rebuilding on the same site, then when you consider the financial implications that are not going to really solve anything for those affected.
Stop arguing with me
Old 05-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #24
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Stop arguing with me
I'm not arguing, I'm just saying!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #25
dizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dizzle01333246's Tacoma Gallery
Its not a waste of money when everyone refuses to send their kid to that school. PS why are there so many conspiracy theorist that own a Tacoma? Its getting ridiculous every time I come on here there is another idiot talking about Sandy Hook or the Boston Bombs being part of an elaborate plan by the government to take our guns away.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #26
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's pretty dumb to waste that kind of money to tear down the old school. If the kids are traumatized (which it would be understandable if they were), send them to a different school for a few years until they move on to the middle school and start the new, incoming kids at the old school and, as they get older, the old school would be back to capacity in a few years.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #27
dizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I think it's pretty dumb to waste that kind of money to tear down the old school. If the kids are traumatized (which it would be understandable if they were), send them to a different school for a few years until they move on to the middle school and start the new, incoming kids at the old school and, as they get older, the old school would be back to capacity in a few years.
Sandy Hook was there for a reason, because there were kids in the area that needed to go to school. I doubt there is enough room for all those children at other schools. I dont think they want their class size pushing 40+ students.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #28
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle01333246 View Post
Sandy Hook was there for a reason, because there were kids in the area that needed to go to school. I doubt there is enough room for all those children at other schools. I dont think they want their class size pushing 40+ students.
What are they currently doing? Obviously Sandy Hook isn't open so they've found an interim space. Keep the current kids there and start this fall by bringing the new kids to the old school. It'll take 3 years to build a new school altogether so regardless you need to send the kids somewhere else for 3 years. My solution gets the old school back up and populated in 5 years and none of the kids that were there for the shooting would have to step foot into the old school.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
What are they currently doing? Obviously Sandy Hook isn't open so they've found an interim space. Keep the current kids there and start this fall by bringing the new kids to the old school. It'll take 3 years to build a new school altogether so regardless you need to send the kids somewhere else for 3 years. My solution gets the old school back up and populated in 5 years and none of the kids that were there for the shooting would have to step foot into the old school.
What they are doing right now is going to a school that is most certainty over crowded. Anything over 30 students is hard to handle for a teacher. Ive been there is tough as hell, especially for the younger kids. I dont think anyway would want to go to the school even if they were not there for the shooting.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #30
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What they are doing right now is going to a school that is most certainty over crowded. Anything over 30 students is hard to handle for a teacher. Ive been there is tough as hell, especially for the younger kids. I dont think anyway would want to go to the school even if they were not there for the shooting.
You say you don't think anyone would want to go to the school even if they were not there for the shooting...are you referring to any potential new students? I feel that most of the new students would be too young to comprehend the situation anyway. I can't remember what age they start elementary school.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #31

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like I said, they'd have to find a home for the students for 3 years even if they did build a new school. If the solution works while a new school is under construction, it'd work while for my solution also.

As far as people not wanting to be in a building where something bad has happened, I don't mean to be insensative but it IS just a building.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #32
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
This wasn't a place where someone's heart stopped or they faded from cancer. A LOT of blood was spilled in those classrooms. Simply mopping it up and putting desks back over the stains in the concrete underneath is creepy at best. Would you go in that room and NOT think about what happened there?

Conspiracy theories need to stop. The ones with those theories base it all on the early news reports and different eyewitness accounts, all of which are subject to being wrong.

Raze the building, build a park for kids to play in, and build the school in another location. Forget bitching about the $$$, some things are just right to do.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #33
Banned
denali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the shed
denali climber's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I Its getting ridiculous every time I come on here there is another idiot talking about Sandy Hook or the Boston Bombs being part of an elaborate plan by the government to take our guns away.
Did you catch the press conference with Obama and the Sandy Hook families where he deplored congress to take guns away from citizens ?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #35
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
We should keep the politics and gun talk out of this.

Anyway, to make those kids comfortable and feel safe at school again is worth every penny IMO, but I don't think rebuilding at the same sight is the right thing to do. I agree with a memorial, and build at a different spot.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by denali climber View Post
Did you catch the press conference with Obama and the Sandy Hook families where he deplored congress to take guns away from citizens ?
you sir are an idiot
Old 05-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
You say you don't think anyone would want to go to the school even if they were not there for the shooting...are you referring to any potential new students? I feel that most of the new students would be too young to comprehend the situation anyway. I can't remember what age they start elementary school.
Students dont chose where they go, there parents do. I dont know about you but, if I had children they would not be going to that school.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #38
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
seems like a big waste of tax dollars to me. fix the holes and move on.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #39
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by denali climber View Post
Quote:
you sir are an idiot

But he has lots of napkins. I implore, how many? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #40
Banned
denali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the shed
denali climber's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Deplored: disapprove strongly.

Implored: Asked

Words mean things...
damn. i knew i should have graduated high school.

at least implored and deplored look and sound alike.

either way, that commie bastard wants to take my guns.