Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Tear down the Sandy Hook School???

Old 05-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #41
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by denali climber View Post
damn. i knew i should have graduated high school.

at least implored and deplored look and sound alike.

either way, that commie bastard wants to take my guns.
From you? I think he should.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #42
hetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud of
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
I grew up in Connecticut, not far from Sandy Hook and have close friends who attended that school. It is a wealthy school district. I don't think the 57 million dollar figure is correct, you can build quite a school for that much money, like an entire school district for 5,000 students. And like almost ALL school districts, funding is from taxes raised by the school district, and that area is very wealthy.

The building and funding of the new school is local issue, decided and paid for by the folks who live in the district.

Why don't we see what the real facts are before we foam at the mouth?

Howard
Old 05-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #43
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle01333246 View Post
Students dont chose where they go, there parents do. I dont know about you but, if I had children they would not be going to that school.
And that's your choice but to spend $50+ million dollars to tear down a perfectly good building is ridiculous in my opinion. If your child was there during the event and you don't want them going back, I wouldn't fault anyone for pulling their kid and putting them in another school. The building itself was not the problem, the building did nothing. Any child who was too young for school when this catastrophe occurred will be too young to know what happened in that building. I can understand people who were there not wanting to go back and I wouldn't blame them for a second. But personally, I don't understand people condemning the building because of what happened there. I think a renovation would solve the problem, make it seem like a new place, change some things around so it doesn't feel like the same building but keep the building where it is.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #44
dizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dizzle01333246's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #45
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
+1 to you
Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #46
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think its a waste of money that could be used for better things. I am against it, not that any of our opinions will matter.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #47
dizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
And that's your choice but to spend $50+ million dollars to tear down a perfectly good building is ridiculous in my opinion. If your child was there during the event and you don't want them going back, I wouldn't fault anyone for pulling their kid and putting them in another school. The building itself was not the problem, the building did nothing. Any child who was too young for school when this catastrophe occurred will be too young to know what happened in that building. I can understand people who were there not wanting to go back and I wouldn't blame them for a second. But personally, I don't understand people condemning the building because of what happened there. I think a renovation would solve the problem, make it seem like a new place, change some things around so it doesn't feel like the same building but keep the building where it is.
Good point I may be for a renovation. I think thats what they did at Columbine. I still wouldnt want my kid to go there.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #48
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetkind View Post
I grew up in Connecticut, not far from Sandy Hook and have close friends who attended that school. It is a wealthy school district. I don't think the 57 million dollar figure is correct, you can build quite a school for that much money, like an entire school district for 5,000 students. And like almost ALL school districts, funding is from taxes raised by the school district, and that area is very wealthy.

The building and funding of the new school is local issue, decided and paid for by the folks who live in the district.

Why don't we see what the real facts are before we foam at the mouth?

Howard
There are FAR better uses for that kind of money than rebuilding a perfectly fine building because it holds bad memories.

Back home in Jacksonville, I've been at some inner city elementary and middle schools that have multiple broken windows (and have been like that for a long time), trashed facilities and filthy grounds. It's shocking to see. 50 fucking million dollars can do a lot of good for those who actually need it.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #49
hetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud of
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
There are FAR better uses for that kind of money than rebuilding a perfectly fine building because it holds bad memories.

Back home in Jacksonville, I've been at some inner city elementary and middle schools that have multiple broken windows (and have been like that for a long time), trashed facilities and filthy grounds. It's shocking to see. 50 fucking million dollars can do a lot of good for those who actually need it.
In that case Jacksonville should take their LOCAL property tax revenue and use it to fix their schools. Who are we to tell the folks in Newtown how to spend their LOCAL property tax money?

Howard
Old 05-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #50
Quote:
In that case Jacksonville should take their LOCAL property tax revenue and use it to fix their schools. Who are we to tell the folks in Newtown how to spend their LOCAL property tax money?

Howard
Howard!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #51
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
If I recall correctly (and correct me if I'm wrong) they didn't tear down Columbine...

I was reading this article: http://www.denverpost.com/columbine/ci_12174854 and from the sounds of it yes they did revamp parts of it but not rebuild the entire thing.

I thought the part about not serving Chinese food or ketchup because that's the last food the kids had before they ran out is a bit overboard.

I was in Utah at the time of the Trolly Square shooting. Didn't stop us from going in there after that.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #52

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Howard
We're not telling the folks of Newtown anything, this is just an discussion. At the end of the day, what we talk about means nothing, they are going to have a vote and do what they wish. That doesn't mean we can't have a discussion about it though.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
If I recall correctly (and correct me if I'm wrong) they didn't tear down Columbine...

I was reading this article: http://www.denverpost.com/columbine/ci_12174854 and from the sounds of it yes they did revamp parts of it but not rebuild the entire thing.

I thought the part about not serving Chinese food or ketchup because that's the last food the kids had before they ran out is a bit overboard.

I was in Utah at the time of the Trolly Square shooting. Didn't stop us from going in there after that.
Yeah you are correct they did redue a bunch of the school, like the cafeteria
Old 05-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #54
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
hah they are hiding something BWAHAHAH!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #55
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Howard
Too busy using said money to make higher income schools nicer and painting jaguar footprints all over the city.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #56
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its not a waste of money when everyone refuses to send their kid to that school. PS why are there so many conspiracy theorist that own a Tacoma? Its getting ridiculous every time I come on here there is another idiot talking about Sandy Hook or the Boston Bombs being part of an elaborate plan by the government to take our guns away.
Now that I agree with^ !!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #57
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its not a waste of money when everyone refuses to send their kid to that school.
Vouchers. and let parents send the kids to the school of their choice.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #58
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Emotions often over ride common sense. Several years ago a child was killed by a falling branch of a pine tree here in Maine the mother persisted in having the school cut down the trees so it would never happen again. Now they will safe at school but no where else there might be trees.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #59
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
Emotions often over ride common sense. Several years ago a child was killed by a falling branch of a pine tree here in Maine the mother persisted in having the school cut down the trees so it would never happen again. Now they will safe at school but no where else there might be trees.
And then the kids all get heat stroke playing outside cause there are no trees to shade them.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #60
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
sometimes all we want to do is remove the visible sign of grief and despair. I remember one night in Guilford, Connecticut, six high school kids in a large, overpowered, buick sedan slammed into an innocent maple tree at 90+ mph on a town road marked at 25mph. The parents of the deceased children wanted the tree removed so they wouldn't have to see what killed their children on a daily basis.