Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Tear down the Sandy Hook School???

Old 05-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #61
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
seems to me if the site is now sacred...make it a park or memorial sanctuary or something.

but, to tear down and rebuild doesn't make economic sense.
This. I definitely understand not wanting to send your kids to school when something this terrible happened there. I'm just not sure why they would tear it down and rebuild it on the same spot. Doesn't make sense.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #62
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetkind View Post
sometimes all we want to do is remove the visible sign of grief and despair. I remember one night in Guilford, Connecticut, six high school kids in a large, overpowered, buick sedan slammed into an innocent maple tree at 90+ mph on a town road marked at 25mph. The parents of the deceased children wanted the tree removed so they wouldn't have to see what killed their children on a daily basis.
I have a problem with that sort of mentality. The tree had nothing to do with the kids' death, it was the action of one person. I don't understand how projecting feelings on an inanimate object that had nothing to do with the even other than being there, and then proceeding to destroy it really makes anyone feel better.