Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

turn on sink water, smells like rotten eggs

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #21
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like any hotel in Florida,

orlando specifically. town water is shite

Old 05-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #22
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Well, if it's not well water... check your plumbing for leaks. If a pipe is broken, that might have something to do with it.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #23
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Put it in jugs and advertise it on ebay. There is a state park here in ga with a natural spring coming out of the rocks that constantly runs with sulpher water. It was a sacred medicinal spot for Native Americans back then.

Nowadays people come from all over the state standing in line with dozens of jugs to fill. Several told me it sells pretty fast around Atlanta to the "old remedy" believers.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #24
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
sounds like any hotel in Florida,

orlando specifically. town water is shite

Make that any tap water in FL (or extreme southern GA)

Old 05-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #25
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Like i said, Tell me how expensive those rolls of TP sound when your whole water system goes to shit

Old 05-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #26
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Well, if it's not well water... check your plumbing for leaks. If a pipe is broken, that might have something to do with it.
wut

Old 05-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #27
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Its probably your drain. I have the same problem every once and a while in my bathroom sink. Had my water checked by the water department & the guy told me the water is fine but it's my drain thats causing the smell. I confirmed this by running the water for a minute with the drain stopper closed. Sure enough, no smell. As the water goes down the drain, air comes up & you get that smell of rotten eggs from deep down in the drain. You might want to get your drains cleaned out. It might help. Sometimes they will clean them out from the roof where the vents are for the drains. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #28
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoman View Post
Its probably your drain. I have the same problem every once and a while in my bathroom sink. Had my water checked by the water department & the guy told me the water is fine but it's my drain thats causing the smell. I confirmed this by running the water for a minute with the drain stopper closed. Sure enough, no smell. As the water goes down the drain, air comes up & you get that smell of rotten eggs from deep down in the drain. You might want to get your drains cleaned out. It might help. Sometimes they will clean them out from the roof where the vents are for the drains. Hope this helps. Good luck!
If you have a trap on your drain , no gasses should be able to escape

Old 05-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #29
SAY MY NAME
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Inside of hot water tanks is something called an anode rode. They are meant to help prevent the corrosive nature of elements in the water by attracting the elements to the rod. Eventually the rod becomes completely corroded. After this happens the water will smell like sulfur.

If this is the case for you, then the rod needs replaced or a new water heater.

Closed Thread