Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Side window shade???

Old 05-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Side window shade???

So I'm sitting here in the parking lot about to go to class and I put my windshield shade up, the reflective one... And a thought popped into my head, do they make these for the side windows?? Every time I park somewhere and use the windshield shade, it is almost useless because the sun comes in from the side of my truck... It would be easy to make, just make them in the shape of a window and put 3 holes in them so suction cups can fit there to adhere it to the window... Is there anything like this?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Google can tell you in .4 seconds.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Yes they do, in many forms. But yea google could tell you this in 10 seconds.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #4
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
So I'm sitting here in the parking lot about to go to class and I put my windshield shade up, the reflective one... And a thought popped into my head, do they make these for the side windows?? Every time I park somewhere and use the windshield shade, it is almost useless because the sun comes in from the side of my truck... It would be easy to make, just make them in the shape of a window and put 3 holes in them so suction cups can fit there to adhere it to the window... Is there anything like this?
Did you ever find any specific to the Tacoma?

I'm looking for a custom fit one for the side windows. Will probably buy a pair of large shades to see if I can bend the flexible metal to the exact shape of the window.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody? I've searched but I can't find them for the 2nd gen Tacoma's front side windows.
Looking for the ones that provide shade but still see-through.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:06 AM   #6
speedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of lightspeedjunkie13 is a glorious beacon of light
speedjunkie13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
Anybody? I've searched but I can't find them for the 2nd gen Tacoma's front side windows.
Looking for the ones that provide shade but still see-through.
Sounds like you are describing window tint....

Just buy a cheap reflective one like you have for the windshield and cut it into pieces so it fits the side windows. and glue some suction cups to it or something.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:10 AM   #7
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
all your needs await you in here:

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/

i used these on my evo. heatshield makes a real good product