Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

$485dlls for a dumpster

Old 05-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
$485dlls for a dumpster

So I called wm this morning to rent a dumpster for my house since ill b taking 2k sq ft of sod off my front yard. They want $485 for a 10cu yd dumpster. I thought it was too much so I'll rent a trailer and dump it myself at the dump site.
What do you guys think ?
Any suggestions ?
Anybody has a utility trailer I can borrow?
Old 05-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Call a landscaper, they might come take the sod for free and sell it to someone else for their yard.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
i have a flat bed 8x10 trailer.
Where is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Call a landscaper, they might come take the sod for free and sell it to someone else for their yard.
The sod is garbage. Main reason I'm getting rid of it.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
The sod is garbage. Main reason I'm getting rid of it.
Oh... that changes things a bit then
Old 05-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I called wm this morning to rent a dumpster for my house since ill b taking 2k sq ft of sod off my front yard. They want $485 for a 10cu yd dumpster. I thought it was too much so I'll rent a trailer and dump it myself at the dump site.
What do you guys think ?
Any suggestions ?
Rent a rototiller , till in the sod , done
Old 05-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
just take a few trips with the truck. will take more trip then with a trailer, but still gets the work done.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I live in pasadena area.
A bit far from me. Thanks though

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Rent a rototiller , till in the sod , done
I'm already renting the sod cutter. I'll consider this.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I pay about $250.00 for a 20 yard roll-off dumpster...

I'm on #3 at my new home under construction.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #12
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's cheap
Maybe Larry can rent one for you

I pay about $375 , I'll see about sending one down
Old 05-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I pay about $250.00 for a 20 yard roll-off dumpster...

I'm on #3 at my new home under construction.
Might wanna think about your waste stream management if you are at 60 cubic yards of waste on one house already
Old 05-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #14
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Might wanna think about your waste stream management if you are at 60 cubic yards of waste on one house already
house...guest house...detached garage/shop. brick and drywall scrap are the biggest filler. one can was 1/2 filled with ground debris from cleaning up the wooded areas surrounding my home.

and there will probably be a #4.

what's there to think about? can't burn the trash...can't eat it...cost too much to ship it to you so you can manage it how you best see fit?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #15
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you guys think ?
Any suggestions ?
I don't know how different things are over there, but I don't even pay that for a 30 yard dumpster! Sounds like WAY too much to me.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
going out on a limb here, but if you ask to borrow a trailer, it might help to post up your location..no?

i'd trailer it. i borrowed my buddies 3 yarder, and did several trips. i found a compost yard that took it for free.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #17
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
hey WM has those debris bags right? you fill it, and they boom truck it away.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
Bagster
Old 05-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #19

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
They're not very big though and pick up charges can be pricey. They're only 4' x 8' and the sides are about 2' with a capacity of about 3,500 # if I recall correctly. Filling it with sod would be a PITA because the sides aren't rigid. I used a couple for a small project, cost $30 to buy the thing and only $120 for a pick up. Some neighboring towns, the pickups were over $200 because they were in the sticks. If you think you realistically need a 10 cy dumpster, a Bagster is not a good alternative as it will end up costing you a lot more in the end.