Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Painting your truck

Old 05-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Lcdr, retired
Name: Jonathan
Delrivpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Painting your truck

I searched but didn't come up with anything. Has anyone had their rig painted a totally different color? I have an 06 in Impulse, but was thinking of changing the color. Just wondering if anyone out there had it done and any feedback. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
I havnt had my taco painted but once i took my firebird in for the $500 earl Schwab (spelling?) special and it turned out better then expected. If you take it to one of the cheap places like i did do the prep work yourself.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Well I can't stress enough that a paint job is definitely one of those things you get what you pay for. If you do a full color change you are talking about doing all the jams and inside the engine compartment. No shop will touch a proper job for $500. That is a tape off the windows and spray job. Where as a proper shop will remove all the moldings, trim, doors, mirrors, grill, and any other stuff left of the truck so it is just the areas being painted left. If you want a quality job done you are looking well over $3500.
Your paint is not old enough to warrant a new one anyway. The best paint is the factory paint. If I was you I would wait until it is royally screwed up first. Certain colors cost more than others too.