Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Found a puppy on the street...what do I do with it

Old 05-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Found a puppy on the street...what do I do with it

I found a pit bull mix prancing around today. Friendly pup around 7 months old reeks to high heaven hyper friendly and can sit so I'm pretty sure it's a family dog, plus it jumped in some ladies car

I let her follow me to my moms and I put him in the back yard. I don't wanna put him in my truck cause I have a pup an goodness knows what this poor fella may be harboring an also I am not going to lift him up to get him in without knowing him well. Do I call animal control to get him in the morning? An how can I "decon" my moms back yard
Old 05-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Put up some "found" posters at local grocery stores and whatnot I suppose.

Being that its a Pit mix, a trip to the pound or shelter is pretty much a death sentence. I'd see if anyone you know would be interested in taking him personally.

A well trained pit bull is an awesome dog. My Girlfriends Mom has 2 Lab/Pit mixs and they are the sweetest, most loving animals I've ever encountered.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Unfortunately it's not my house I asked the girl if she could take him but she lives in an apartment... I live 3 hours away and am visiting for a day and dropping my pup with my mom
Old 05-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer stir fry, but BBQ is okay as well.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Take him to a vet or shelter to see if he has one of those microchips planted on him (assuming he doesn't have tags). If he doesn't have a chip, then you have a decision to make whether or not to keep him or not. You could put an eye out on craigslist to see if anyone has an ad for a lost pup but beyond that, either keep it, give him to someone who can keep him or give him to the shelter. Personally, I would use the shelter as a last resort. Nothing against shelters but lately they seem to be overcrowded and many of them will put the animals to sleep if they can't be homed.

If you keep him, have a vet check him out thoroughly and see if they are any health concerns.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Taking him to the SPCA/shelter would likely be a death sentence for him as a pittie.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
well bad news, apparently the lil guy can jump, my mom said this morning he jumped the 5 ft fence and took off..i called animal control to let them know
Old 05-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
well bad news, apparently the lil guy can jump, my mom said this morning he jumped the 5 ft fence and took off..i called animal control to let them know
Might not be a bad thing, he just might know his way home.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Might not be a bad thing, he just might know his way home.
This... :P Hopefully he goes home, and if he doesn't, hopefully his owner finds him, or someone else who is in a position to take him in.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Poor little pup... Hope it finds a good home or the owners find him. I've found multiple dogs and kept them for a few days until I could locate the owners. I can't look the other way when I see a hopeless pup lost or abandoned.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #12
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Contact animal foster and rescue. Sharon gray runs it. Tell her lance coultress told u to call. If u need anymore info pm me. Animal control will take it to the pound and we all know what will happen then.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Unfortunately he ran away today... Hopefully he realized where he was and walked home
Old 05-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #14
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
In all reality if you can't handle another dog or whatever, it is no fault of yours if you can't keep him. I have lived in rural areas most of my adult life and it is amazing how many people drop off animals for someone else to deal with.