1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So, last night sucked!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by LonghornTaco, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Feb 21, 2009 at 2:54 AM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    good thing it wasnt stolen. Getting your taco stolen sucks :[ Glad you got it back in one piece

2. Feb 21, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......

Dam good question!..Musta been a flatbed, eh?

3. Feb 21, 2009 at 8:23 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    damn... glad it wasn't stolen... :thumbsup:

4. Feb 21, 2009 at 8:51 AM
    BlancoTaco08

BlancoTaco08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    when stuff like this happens it sucks... i have been in a similar situation...these tow guys already have their normal stops...

5. Feb 21, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    ILove2Drive

ILove2Drive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    WV
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4X4 5 Speed Manual
    Halo headlights, Black tail light covers, dual exhaust, 5100s front and rear, eibach coils, wheelers 1.5 AAL, window tint, bow arrow antenna, bull bar, painted grille emblem, debadged, raceline rims, a few decals, CB radio, alpine HU, husky floor liners, tool box, mesh grill...and more to come eventually
    Glad to hear that it wasn't stolen, stinks you had to pay that but accidents happen. And I like Pat Green as well :D

6. Feb 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    It's a racket. The towing coming then kickbacks $$ to the lot owner. This is no longer a penalty, it's becomes an income producing operation. Legalized theft. Towing company's that participate in this type of stuff should be burned to the ground, as well as the politicians that "regulate" them.

7. Feb 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    i hate tow drivers. I was towed once outside of a jobsite. I threw the hazards on and was inside for less than 5 minutes to deliver some checks and material. I come out and my car is GONE. I'm like wtf, i was gone for 5 freakin minutes. Forgot the total cost but it was expensive :mad:

the other time I was towed out of my condo parking lot because I forgot they were going to re-seal the parking lot. Come home from work and my truck is gone. Man was I livid.

8. Feb 21, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco [OP] Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Your situation was one of the first things I thought of when I saw it was gone!!

9. Feb 21, 2009 at 6:44 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    No, I was too busy picking my jaw up off the ground, then cursing for about 30 minutes...

10. Feb 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I was just wondering, if your truck WAS stolen, would your insurance company use this forum to document the upgrades? By the way Longhorn, I'm glad it worked out in the end, but it must have been a hell of a couple of hours.

11. Feb 21, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    I don't think I could use the forum for anything... I would need receipts for the purchases. I know I have a lot of them, but not sure I have all...

Yes, it was a miserable two hour blur of anger!

Products Discussed in

To Top