Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Need some advice on filing a dispute

Old 05-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #21
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
Wait, when using paypal, one typically uses a linked credit card/bank account. In that case, the bank can be help since that method is used. Paypal, is well...enough said!
I don't believe that the bank has any recourse when you send money to someone (like a credit card company does). It's only at the banks discretion that they can do anything (and it appears that your bank wanted to be nice guys). The bank simply clears checks, wires, etc. at your demand, and doesn't provide guarantees that you are going to receive anything for them.

As a merchant, when you accept credit card payments, it's in your merchant agreement that the credit card company can chargeback for any service/product that you don't fulfill properly. It's at their discretion too, but it's a specific and contractual item.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #22
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Blk_one View Post
Were everything you've read from this forum? Sorry I lowed my tacoma, I wouldn't understand what traction bar do.
I read a few from this forum about the actual product and about the company. I read good things about them from doing just a google search and looking on other forums. I found the issue the guy was having with his on this forum after the initial order, but figured maybe they would have worked out the bugs on it. The traction bars are for axle wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
Wait, when using paypal, one typically uses a linked credit card/bank account. In that case, the bank can be help since that method is used. Paypal, is well...enough said!
Yep, initially this would have given me access to getting help from both paypal and the bank, but paypal is saying they cant open a dispute after 45 days, and the bank is telling me they cant after 60 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
Send them an email today as well (it's in writing) - lay out what you want. The sooner you do that, the sooner you can move to the next step (IF it comes to that). Start the clock ticking now. Just lay it out, firmly but professionally -

1. You said you'd do X in Y days, it's been...
2. I've contacted you on these days... you said x, it didn't happen
3. You are requesting ____ (money back? product within X days or a refund)
4. Your lawyer (ya, I know you don't have one - they don't however) has advised you to file a claim in court for a refund is #3 isn't done, and you'd rather not have to do so (again, always start nice, but firm)

you could mention the social networking part... but i'd think about waiting until the next stage - where you get a little less nice...
Thanks, definitely going to be sending him another email today.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #23
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
Send them an email today as well (it's in writing) - lay out what you want. The sooner you do that, the sooner you can move to the next step (IF it comes to that). Start the clock ticking now. Just lay it out, firmly but professionally -

1. You said you'd do X in Y days, it's been...
2. I've contacted you on these days... you said x, it didn't happen
3. You are requesting ____ (money back? product within X days or a refund)
4. Your lawyer (ya, I know you don't have one - they don't however) has advised you to file a claim in court for a refund is #3 isn't done, and you'd rather not have to do so (again, always start nice, but firm)

you could mention the social networking part... but i'd think about waiting until the next stage - where you get a little less nice...
Yes, that's sound legit, cool,calm and nice way to put it...wellsaid woody"g"
Old 05-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
when I PayPal, I always use my Amex gold CC for payment or my PayPal credit, had disputes like this before and always got me $$ back, Paypal and Ebay claims suck, they make it so hard and they drag their feet, dang crooks have left town by the time they around to anything...a total joke..easily solved with call to AMEX...

CC protects you.....sorry to hear you got screwed...

Maybe someone from the company will read this and finally respond....

Good luck...
Can never go wrong with the backing of AMEX. Unfortunately, I cut up all my credit cards including AMEX about 2 years ago and only have one that i use through my bank that i have my debit card with.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #25
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJaikaran View Post
I cut up all my credit cards including AMEX about 2 years ago and only have one that i use through my bank that i have my debit card with.
smart move, same here...
Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #26
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
I am located about three hours North in Virginia...

Maybe a face to face?

Who's gonna pay for the gas?
Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #27
Onurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Onurnez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Maybe a face to face?

I was thinking the same thing, but I googled the place and it's look very skechy(sp). Sorry OP, I say everyone just get on their phone and keep calling the number, over and over again.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #28
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
or just tell him TW is going to rain down fiery hell upon him if he doesn't do what you want!!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #29
Quote:

Maybe a face to face?

Paypal ? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurnez View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but I googled the place and it's look very skechy(sp). Sorry OP, I say everyone just get on their phone and keep calling the number, over and over again.
Yah, I hear you on the sketchy part. That's why i tried doing some research on him first. It's two different websites he has and on his new one he has a link back to the old website, or something like that.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #30
Wanted to make sure i got the usually ships in 14 days part documented also just in case it some how gets taken down. I understand it says "usually", but he is far off.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #31
Update: After calling Budbuilt this morning I finally got a call back late in the afternoon. I wasn't able to pick up because I was at work, but he did leave a message. He apologized and admitted that there were mistakes made and that he let his employee go that took care of responding to all the emails due to not doing her job. After leaving him a message this morning he went back through the emails including the one I sent today. He offered to give me a full refund that I accepted even though he said it would have been ready to ship in a week, but I didn't want to deal with it anymore after a bad experience. I would say I have no hard feelings towards them and I am happy that he contacted me and returned the money.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:29 AM   #32
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
bad experience, good you got your $$$ back.....