Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

"The FBI reports there is a home break-in every 15 minutes"

Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
"The FBI reports there is a home break-in every 15 minutes"

Can you believe that I have been selected for a FREE in-home security system?

And finally, If I get one more call from my Captain alerting me by means of a Fog Horn, I am going to frisbee my damn phone right out the window.

How on earth do these companies get away with wasting my cellphone minutes? I refuse to have a home phone because all I got were people begging for money; everyone I might want to talk to already has my cell number. But when telemarketers start calling my cellphone (and I hardly doubt they are on the "In-Network"), they waste my minutes one by one while I try to get a hold of the company to bitch out the service rep. Apparently the "Do-Not Call" List is just an imaginary place that exists in the electronic world.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

Would love to know how they get away with this also. I also got rid of my home phone because all I got was telemarketers and people begging for money. I also keep getting calls from the same damn Captain!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I actually listen to what they say, then when I have an actual person on the phone I get some info and report them to this website
Old 05-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Get call display and don't answer the numbers you don't recognize ?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
My cellphone shows the number who is calling, the only issue is my company pays for my plan on the premise that I give the number out to clients - I normally have to pick up unknown numbers due to referrals and home phone number calls.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjamman View Post
My cellphone shows the number who is calling, the only issue is my company pays for my plan on the premise that I give the number out to clients - I normally have to pick up unknown numbers due to referrals and home phone number calls.
If the company is paying for your minutes why is it an issue ?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe he's just annoyed and we are a good outlet...

I just try to sell them something while they're on the phone. You'd be surprised that most of them aren't supposed to hang up on you. I am on a minute plan also, but found that if you really piss them off this way, they stop calling.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Maybe he's just annoyed and we are a good outlet...
Maybe

That's why I asked the OP
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe he was referring to his personal minutes. There's no way to put a price on your free time
Old 05-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Maybe he was referring to his personal minutes. There's no way to put a price on your free time
I just hang up
Old 05-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just hang up
But by then, they've already wasted some of your time and you had to stop whatever it was that you were doing.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
But by then, they've already wasted some of your time and you had to stop whatever it was that you were doing.
Or I don't answer if I'm busy which is why I have voicemail
Old 05-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If you stay on the phone long enough, I have found out that most of them offer you to be put on the no call list. The last one I was getting was calling me every couple of days and leaving voice mails. I listened to one of the voice mails and caught, "press 9 to be put on our no call list". The next time they called, I waited and sure enough they offered that and I pressed it. They haven't called since. I get the damn cruise ship bullshit also, I'm going to try to do the same thing for them next time they call.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I love these types of phone calls. I screw with them so much.

If it's a guy who calls and ask for me, I say hold on let me get him. Then with the best flaming gay voice I got, I start to mess with him. I act like what they are selling is important to me and I'm interested, while all the time asking "what are you wearing?" "How tall are you" "do you like long walks on the freeway?" "when can we meet in person?" "Is that device you said hard as a rock?" "would that fit in a pickle jar?". 99% of the time the guy hangs up before I get to the good stuff.

If a girl calls, I just say I'm taking a shit then as she talks I make nasty gross sounds and grunt/scream almost acting like I'm pushing the worlds biggest turd out. If she gave her name I'll say things like "Oh my god Mary, you gotta see the size of this turd biscuit! And the smell, holy fucking shit! Mary are you sexy?"

Works every time. I never get calls back from the same company.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
You can just tell the individual to put you on their "Do Not Call" list as well. It's usually one or two telemarketers blowing up your phone. I had a similar problem with Texaco. The phone was ringing off the hook all day. After I told them, the calls stopped.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #16
jbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: CRNA
jbrooks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This. If they won't leave a message then I don't worry about the missed call.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #17
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
If in the US, Register your number(s) on the "donotcall.gov" web site. It seems to work pretty well, then when a company who didn't check the list before calling is on the line tell them you are on the no call list.

They risk penalties for violating the list.