Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

annual credit report

Old 02-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
annual credit report

I got my free annualcreditreport .com

and transunioun allows you to, security freeze you file
for free
Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
tyty, i needed that! +1

www.annualcreditreport.com
Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
You get that free once a year. For a small fee, you can get a Fico score as well. Your FICO will be the same (should be) on all the Big 3

It's a good idea to check it for open accounts & misrepresented information. You would be suprised the amount of unauthorized inquires people get.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoint16 View Post
Your FICO will be the same (should be) on all the Big 3
This isn't actually true. While your FICO score should be close to the same number from all three bureaus, it won't be the same number. I recently refinanced my house and asked my mortgage guy to tell me my scores when he looked into them. They varied about 20 points... 780 to 802. Not that I'm complaining, but they certainly weren't the same.

Also, for those who are really over the top like me, you don't have to check all three reports at the same time for the 'once-per-year' freebie. I check one of the three reports every 4 months.

I also check one of my wife's reports every 4 months, but on alternating months, so that I'm looking at a free credit report every other month. Yes, it's over the top, but it's free and it takes all of 10 minutes to access the site, print the report, and scan it for anything unusual.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
well there were 2 things on credit report
one from 1996 and 1998
i disputed, too old i was a young'n then
Old 02-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post

Also, for those who are really over the top like me, you don't have to check all three reports at the same time for the 'once-per-year' freebie. I check one of the three reports every 4 months.

Yep, why pay some company to do checks for you when you can do it for free with a few clicks.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
This isn't actually true. While your FICO score should be close to the same number from all three bureaus, it won't be the same number. I recently refinanced my house and asked my mortgage guy to tell me my scores when he looked into them. They varied about 20 points... 780 to 802. Not that I'm complaining, but they certainly weren't the same.
That's why I wrote "should". The big 3 use the same criteria for the score. If all the information is the same, the score s/b the same. Some companies only report to one or two agencies. Then inquires also affect your score.

Our credit I would say is very active, and there was a 2 point variation on our last reports. The report the year prior , they were the same.

This is a great tool for everyone to utilize.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I just won a free toaster over the internet and i had to do is provide my social security number and the pin numbers for my three highest valued accounts...
Old 02-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoint16 View Post
You get that free once a year. For a small fee, you can get a Fico score as well. Your FICO will be the same (should be) on all the Big 3

It's a good idea to check it for open accounts & misrepresented information. You would be suprised the amount of unauthorized inquires people get.
I am pretty sure that you do not want to check your credit more than once a year as i believe it has a detrimental effect on your credit score.

Don't treat that as gospel, but i have heard that before repeatedly.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 AM   #10
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
I am pretty sure that you do not want to check your credit more than once a year as i believe it has a detrimental effect on your credit score.

Don't treat that as gospel, but i have heard that before repeatedly.
A person checking his or her own credit does not affect the score. A credit card company or bank checking it will affect the score.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
I just won a free toaster over the internet and i had to do is provide my social security number and the pin numbers for my three highest valued accounts...
That's funny.

What's sad though is people actually fall for that stuff.