Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

You're the Boss What would you do...?

View Poll Results: What would you say...
Person A Gets 1-10.. Person B Forced to Change 1 1.56%
Person A Gets 1-5.. Person B Gets 6-16 27 42.19%
Person A Gets 1-7.. Person B Gets 6-16 31 48.44%
Other 5 7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Rigger, Please
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
You're the Boss What would you do...?

Person A, at work put in for Vacation Days (20 Oct 2012) asking for July 1-5 off.

Person B, at work put in for Vacation Days (12 Jan 2013) asking for July 6 -16 off.

On 29 Jan 2013, Person A Changed Dates to July 1-10.

On June 1, Persons C & D get put on probation and the over lap of Person As 1-10 and Person Bs 6-16 is going to cause a problem due to lack of workers.

Schedule guy says Hey Person B, I dont think your Vacation Days are gonna work, because Person As Days overlap your days.

Person B has a valid point, he is relocating his family over that time period for his deployment and Person A changed their dates after Person B went on Record with their dates.

Who Should get what Days off...

I suggested Person A can get 1-7 and Person B keeps 6-16. Since 4-7 is a Holiday 4 Day weekend.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like the company needs to redesign its vaction picks. My job goes by rank then seniority in rank. And the vacation picks for 2013 were submitted by november of 2012.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
first come first serve. changing the dates puts them back at the bottom.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
What he said^^^
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamamerica View Post
first come first serve. changing the dates puts them back at the bottom.
This^
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
Marc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc702's Tacoma Gallery
By changing his dates, Person A caused a conflict.

Give them their original dates, no conflict, enough said.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
If I don't get my time off I'll just quit. I take my play time seriously.

When I'm old and wrinkly, will I wish I spent more days working? Fawk no
Old 06-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post

Old 06-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

^^Employer's DREAM
Old 06-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Do you just stamp your feet or hold your breath ?
Old 06-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
Marc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I don't get my time off I'll just quit.
No offense intended here but.......

You may go through a few "jobs" thinking that way. But when you're 22, well, you get it.

I quit a job when I was 16 because they wouldn't give me a night off to go to a concert.

Your views will change.

It gets different when you have a "career" and a family to support.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc702 View Post
No offense intended here but.......

You may go through a few "jobs" thinking that way. But when you're 22, well, you get it.

I quit a job when I was 16 because they wouldn't give me a night off to go to a concert.

Your views will change.

It gets different when you have a "career" and a family to support.
X1,000,000
Old 06-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #13
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Jesus that took a couple times to read through but I think you got it spot on, lucky for you that holiday leave is there otherwise you'd be in more of a dilemma
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #14
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm the boss, I cancel all vacations.

Or, I just tell you boneheads to work it out.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #15
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
If person A wants more days, he/she needs to take them earlier, not overlap person B's. Person B has a valid reason to keep his days
Old 06-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I'd sell the company, take my money, and flee to the Bahamas. Let the new owners figure it out.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #17
Whiskey Neat is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mechanic - of sorts
Name: James
Whiskey Neat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFButters View Post
Person A, at work put in for Vacation Days (20 Oct 2012) asking for July 1-5 off.

Person B, at work put in for Vacation Days (12 Jan 2013) asking for July 6 -16 off.

On 29 Jan 2013, Person A Changed Dates to July 1-10.

On June 1, Persons C & D get put on probation and the over lap of Person As 1-10 and Person Bs 6-16 is going to cause a problem due to lack of workers.

Schedule guy says Hey Person B, I dont think your Vacation Days are gonna work, because Person As Days overlap your days.

Person B has a valid point, he is relocating his family over that time period for his deployment and Person A changed their dates after Person B went on Record with their dates.

Who Should get what Days off...

I suggested Person A can get 1-7 and Person B keeps 6-16. Since 4-7 is a Holiday 4 Day weekend.
I say cancel both their leaves since we are all going to be in Turkey getting ready to invade Syria for the 4th of July...

I kid, I kid. But really, have plane tickets been bought yet?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #18
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #20
Royden is on a distinguished road
Royden's Tacoma Gallery
Person A has 10 days leave, Person B has 10 days also.

K make it fair on paper - cause it appears that you are person B and A has more seniority - if I am wrong - I beg your pardon

Each gets 7 days

A gets 1-8

B gets 9 - 16

Both still get the holiday weekend (lucky you, I don't!); bad part is B has to work that one Monday. But better 1 day than 3.

my .02