Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Severe Weather thread.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #41
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
F1 tornado came through my hometown. A couple trees fell on my friends house
Attached Thumbnails
Severe Weather thread.-2013-06-16_16-01-43_170.jpg   Severe Weather thread.-2013-06-16_15-43-09_245.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #42
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
X2 on the cool pics. Those clouds are crazy. Don't really get much of that around here.
Yeah, they get big in Montana during the spring. Thankfully though since we are surrounded by 4 good size mountain ranges the storm's had dissipated a whole bunch by the time they reach us and rarely do we see any funnel clouds. But they sure do raise hell with different areas in the mountains where microbursts sometimes occur. Couple summers ago I went on a single track dirt bike ride with a friend through a canyon where a microburst hit the previous year and I mean patches here and there were completely leveled and had at one time buried the trail but a park ranger come through there with a chainsaw and cleared it out again. Just amazing what wind can do, snap them big furs and ponderosas like nothing! Good thing we were on motorcycles that day, no way a 4 wheeler or truck would have made it in there without some serious chainsaw work.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #43
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
F1 tornado came through my hometown. A couple trees fell on my friends house

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Yeah, they get big in Montana during the spring. Thankfully though since we are surrounded by 4 good size mountain ranges the storm's had dissipated a whole bunch by the time they reach us and rarely do we see any funnel clouds. But they sure do raise hell with different areas in the mountains where microbursts sometimes occur. Couple summers ago I went on a single track dirt bike ride with a friend through a canyon where a microburst hit the previous year and I mean patches here and there were completely leveled and had at one time buried the trail but a park ranger come through there with a chainsaw and cleared it out again. Just amazing what wind can do, snap them big furs and ponderosas like nothing! Good thing we were on motorcycles that day, no way a 4 wheeler or truck would have made it in there without some serious chainsaw work.
Yeah, Mother Nature can definitely put you in your place.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:29 AM   #44
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a shot from a lightning storm we had over the weekend. It was pretty cool to watch all night long.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #45
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery

Awesome!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #46
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post

Awesome!
X2!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #47
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Heres another one with a longer exposure time

Old 06-17-2013, 06:02 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerhump View Post

Wow, really cool.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #49
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
wow really cool lighing storm!

well thought i was going to go to sleep. but as soon as i feel asleep a storm said not FU you are not going to sleep right now.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #50
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerhump View Post

You suck! I wish I lived there...so many darn trees down south...
Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #51

So we have had some pretty crazy weather here the last couple days, a lot of rain (which cause flash flooding), some wind, including a F1 tornado that touched down just north west of Pittsburgh. So yesterday morning I took some pics while enroute to my storage unit that I recently put some stuff in because I have my house for sale. Being so much rain I was worried about it, because I have some pretty irreplaceable things in there, including a cradle my dad made for my 2nd son. I was worried because there is a creek that runs right along side of the storage facility, so with all the water, I wanted to check, in-case I had to get things out. I was one of the lucky ones at the facility though, because the whole back end of the place was flooded. The front of the facility where my unit is, was ok, because it sits just a little higher than the rear.

So here is some of the pics I took on way and after going to the storage area:

This is a shopping area that I pass on way, with the lot under water.

This is the street that runs along side of the shopping area, which was blocked off by police, so I couldn't go that way. I'm sure I could of made it, judging the depth by the car stalled out there, but had to turn around.

So after turning around, thought I would try this way:

Nope. This is not that uncommon to be flooded here, but this is the worst I have ever seen it. This is where I got a little worried about my things in storage, because the creek flooding this street is partly fed by the one running along side the storage facility.

This is the creek running along side of the storage facility. Thats about 8ft deep. Which is crazy, because a little over a month ago when I put things in the storage unit, it was bone dry. Looking at the pic, this is from the front, thats the front gate to get in, and looking back,you can't see, but those back storage units where all flooded out. The fencing that ran along side of the creek back there was washed away.

Here is the street looking from the front gate.

So after realizing my stuff was safe,I left for home, cause I had to go to my in-law's to shop-vac out their basement since it got some water and dump some water from their in-ground pool, since it was almost overflowing.On my way I stopped at that shopping area from the 1st pic since the water receded a good amount since it stopped raining.

That street cleaner was trying to blow away the debris from the sewers so the water would drain.

So that's my pics. It was a crazy day. Also no one was hurt where the tornado that hit nearby, so that's always a good thing. In the words of the late Tim Samaras (storm chaser) "Stay weather savvy"
Old 07-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #52
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice pic. We have also had some flash flooding.

It stopped raining here sunday, nice monday and tuesday and we got storm yesterday.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #53
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I have a out 300 pictures but we were at a job in okc and our hotel was 5 mins down 35 from moore we went to help right after cause our job got shut down cause of the weather

Last picture is on the way down 35 to our hotel we had no clue there was a tornado yet but if you look ( and shortly after this is when we noticed) the tornado is behind the bill board on the left

The 2nd picture the truck upside down in the house was a 1 ton Chevy dually with a 16' flat bed on the back the first picture was a BMW about 299 yards from the owners house it was parked in his garage the house was just a bare foundation no wood nothing even ripped tile off of some parts
Old 07-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #54

^ Yikes scary stuff there. Nice pics. Lucky you didn't get too close to that tornado! Sad to see all that damage to people's property.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
Nice pic. We have also had some flash flooding.

It stopped raining here sunday, nice monday and tuesday and we got storm yesterday.
Yeah, weather here today is great. Much less humid and temps in the mid to upper 70's so its nice.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Yeah, weather here today is great. Much less humid and temps in the mid to upper 70's so its nice.
yeah. mid 80ís and just looked out and itís raining.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #58
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Since my truck is currently in the shop for some roof repair I'll post up my experience with some Tornado weather that came through 4 weeks ago.

It was a Thursday evening about 6 or 7pm and I wanted to go get some subway sandwiches for my girlfriend and I. I headed out to the parking garage to hop in my truck and was off to subway, which was only 5-10 minutes away from my college campus.

I immediately noticed some evil bastard looking clouds off in the distance, and thought nothing of it. I get to subway, get my sandwiches made up, and the Hispanic guy next to me is on the phone with someone, obviously a woman on the other end talking pretty frantic. As soon as he gets off the phone my girlfriend calls, and I knew it had to do with weather. As soon as I get off the phone the other guy says Tornadoes have been touching down and its headed this way.

So I split a few hairs while the subway employee is ringing up my sandwiches, hoping he hurries up so I can pay before the power goes. I decide to head right on back to the dorms, since they are only 5 minutes out and my girlfriend is scared as hell by this point.

Unfortunately the only stop light to get out of the shopping center area is slow as hell to turn, even on a normal day, so I'm shitting myself figuratively at the stop light as the Tornado sirens fire up, and that devil cloud system is rolling on over faster than I imagined it would. Light turns green, I'm ready to blast through and make my left turn to get the hell on home. Of course the car in front of me sits on its ass and barely hits 10 mph getting through that light.

By this time I am fired up. I am trying to keep my cool as I make it down the road, and by this time the weather has reared its ugly head. All the stop lights are out or flashing red, so traffic is chaos. Luckily I took a side road alongside the mall to get the hell out of dodge, so not too many cars. I make it through two more intersections just fine, and finally am almost back home. The final major intersection to get through has all traffic lights working, which is great because its a BIG intersection. Not many vehicles on the road now.

Sitting at that light was the longest moment of my life. Everything turns pure green and darkness really sets in. Wind picks up and the rain almost doesn't even hit the ground as it sweeps off into the wind. The light turns green, I go through the intersection, and shit just gets worse. At this point I know I am rolling right into the storms path. Rain immediately gets heavier, and with brights on and fogs I can't see 5 feet in front of my truck. I know this road by heart so I know where I am going luckily.

Everyone that was behind me disappeared. I don't know if they sought out the restaurant options nearby for shelter when the light turned green or what. I probably should have. I'm shaking, I'm nervous, I know my girlfriend is peeing herself right about now, scared as hell because I haven't phoned her since departing subway. But I'm still making my way down the road, right alongside campus, and that's when tree limbs started flying around, some of which hit my truck with some good "thud!" noises. I noticed my phone was ringing at this point.

Picked up the phone to quickly tell my girlfriend everything will be okay, she is scared as hell as she is crying trying to ask if I am alright, I yell at her that I am fine and I'll be back any second, meanwhile I still can't see anything, the atmosphere is still dark green, lightning is striking every few seconds, sirens still ablaze.

I make the last light I need to go through, pass a car just sitting with caution lights on in the middle of the road, and ride on in on my pyrite stallion into the pitch black parking garage. I conquered that shit and finally ran on into the dorm and ate subway with my girlfriend in an interior closet with a storm lantern. Most delicious subway sandwich I ever tasted in my whole life.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #59

^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
This happened just up the street from us and I made the news! LOL They interviewed me and my dad.

http://kdvr.com/2013/07/10/heavy-rai...rn-area-again/

And here's footage from inside that car being washed away.
http://gazette.com/mr.-schroyers-wil.../2538781681001
Damn, that's crazy to see.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #60
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Not really severe, but cool.

From about a month ago in Albuquerque NM