Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Severe Weather thread.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #921
Semi-pro
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Had 3 funnel clouds here in NV yesterday. One just south of my house about 40 miles. One north by the Idaho border and the other was down south somewhere by Vegas, which was the only one that touched down. I know this isn't crazy for anyone in the Midwest, but we usually don't have any. The last one I really remember touching down was in 92 or 93. I think this is like 5 or 6 for the year.
Damn. Yeah I was about to say, when was the last time NV had one... Pretty crazy weather. It's just now starting to feel like summer here again.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:31 PM   #922
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
We have been hotter than normal heat wise. Set records in two towns for hottest July on record. This week however, abnormal amounts of moisture and the high is supposed to be 76 today.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #923
Semi-pro
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
We have been hotter than normal heat wise. Set records in two towns for hottest July on record. This week however, abnormal amounts of moisture and the high is supposed to be 76 today.
Yeah July we were pretty cool all month. My in-laws pool which we like to frequent during summer is in ground and not heated. It's just now getting to decent temps to enjoy swimming in it. Cool nights though, so its struggling to hold the heat.

It's not been a good pool summer, but I'm not a big fan of hot weather, so I've enjoyed the cooler than normal temps. It was actually hotter in June. With temps in the 90*s. July its been lucky to hit 85* or so.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #924
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...been a fairly cool summer here, ...with less severe storm activity than in the last few years... although we did have a tornado rated EF-3 tear through countryside a few miles to the NE of me a couple months ago..
Old 08-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #925
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Just issued a tornado warning in the hills just north of town.

This was from behind my shop last night. Very odd weather for us.

lightning3a-1 by flyin' B photography, on Flickr
Old 08-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #926
PhD, DVM, MPH, MS, MMA, Esq, XYZ, 123, blahblah
DrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dr. (I just play one on TV)
DrFunker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just issued a tornado warning in the hills just north of town.

This was from behind my shop last night. Very odd weather for us.

lightning3a-1 by flyin' B photography, on Flickr
Whoa. Sick pic.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #928
Semi-pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFunker View Post
Whoa. Sick pic.
X2
Old 08-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #929
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
well a chair ended up in the pool.....AGAIN... this is the 3rd maybe 4th chair/time it has happened this year alone.

edit: these wind storms keep having kegers and throwing stuff in the pool. disrespectful bast*****
Old 08-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #930
Semi-pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
well a chair ended up in the pool.....AGAIN... this is the 3rd maybe 4th chair/time it has happened this year alone.

edit: these wind storms keep having kegers and throwing stuff in the pool. disrespectful bast*****
LOL. Need to tie those damn things down somehow. We haven't had any crazy weather in a while.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #931
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
LOL. Need to tie those damn things down somehow. We haven't had any crazy weather in a while.
lol would not hurt to do that....
Old 08-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #932
Semi-pro

Bump for any stories or pics of any mid west member's crazy weather...
Old 09-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #933
Semi-pro

Bump.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #934
GO VOLS!

no more kegers since the last one. suppose to rain storm some tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #935
Semi-pro

Quote:
no more kegers since the last one. suppose to rain storm some tomorrow.
Ha.

Been a lot of crazy weather around. Nothing locally. I know we have some Arizona members that might post up some pics.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #936
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Ha.

Been a lot of crazy weather around. Nothing locally. I know we have some Arizona members that might post up some pics.
Id love to see a crazy mid west thunder storm.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #937
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Id love to see a crazy mid west thunder storm.
I drove through one last night on my way back from prescott. All the sudden it got really windy and I got blown almost completely into the lane next to me the. The rain hit like a wall and I couldn't see more than 10 ft. Had water in my air box! Didnt get the filter wet though, just pooled at the bottom.

Watching the lightning before I got to the main storm was awesome.

No pictures though
Old 09-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #938
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorAZ View Post
I drove through one last night on my way back from prescott. All the sudden it got really windy and I got blown almost completely into the lane next to me the. The rain hit like a wall and I couldn't see more than 10 ft. Had water in my air box! Didnt get the filter wet though, just pooled at the bottom.

Watching the lightning before I got to the main storm was awesome.

No pictures though
Sounds awesome!

being blown from one lane to another is kinda scary. i was on i 90 in PA one winter(no snow or ice, i was passing thru a few hours before a big snow storm stared) i was in the left lane it was about 3 am no traffic other than my brother following behind me. 70mph cross winds blew the truck from the left lane into the right lane and almost onto the righthand shoulder.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #939
outdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutdoorAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn! Its scary passing semis when its windy. It would be easy for one of those to push you right off the road
Old 09-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #940

Phoenix got over 5 inches of rain since midnight last night. Freeways and roads are flooded, it's insane