Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Severe Weather thread.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Severe Weather thread.

We all deal with severe weather in one way or another. So figured we need a thread for it. Whether its tornadoes, crazy snow, hurricanes, severe thunder storms, etc... Post up your experiences or if something is going now by you, whatever severe weather related, bring it here.

I've been interested in severe weather since I was young.

Don't forget any pics of storm damage, always interested to see what a powerful storm can do.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
I approve of this thread
Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Unearthing my car from the last significant snowfall I was in in NY
Wasn't anywhere near the worst of what I used to see out there; just happens to be the only one I have a picture of
Attached Thumbnails
Severe Weather thread.-0226000907.jpg  
Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 4-3 ADA BN Maintenance Control Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Here is some damage to my tacoma from a storm back in April. Good old Oklahoma weather. I am currently deployed, so I don't have actual photos of the storm - just the aftermath.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittle View Post
Here is some damage to my tacoma from a storm back in April. Good old Oklahoma weather. I am currently deployed, so I don't have actual photos of the storm - just the aftermath.

Thank you for your service. And sorry to see your Taco got beat like that. Such a sad sight.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 4-3 ADA BN Maintenance Control Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjones5 View Post
Thank you for your service. And sorry to see your Taco got beat like that. Such a sad sight.
My wife just picked up the tacoma late last week from the autobody shop. I will be on leave shortly, so I will be able to check to see if the shop did a good job. The body shop quoted me $9,000+ for the repairs to my Tacoma, $7,700+ for my wife's Hyundai Tucson, and $9,000+ in structure damage to the house and other property. By no means does this come anywhere close to those affected in Moore, OK which is only a little over 1 hour away form us.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #7
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
Unearthing my car from the last significant snowfall I was in in NY
Wasn't anywhere near the worst of what I used to see out there; just happens to be the only one I have a picture of
yeah, I remember getting a couple feet. Just got the Taco. Had a lot of fun getting to work that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjones5 View Post
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittle View Post
My wife just picked up the tacoma late last week from the autobody shop. I will be on leave shortly, so I will be able to check to see if the shop did a good job. The body shop quoted me $9,000+ for the repairs to my Tacoma, $7,700+ for my wife's Hyundai Tucson, and $9,000+ in structure damage to the house and other property. By no means does this come anywhere close to those affected in Moore, OK which is only a little over 1 hour away form us.
My dad had some hail damage on his truck a year back, and the insurance co sent out a dent guy. The guy was a magician. He fixed them on the spot and can't even see where the dents where.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Kind of has to do with this thread, but anyone in Philly have anything to say about some of the t-storms going on today? My mom is flying to Greece and her flight to Greece leaves from Philly and we are hoping for no delays. Weather channel says it will be pretty strong today.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Kind of has to do with this thread, but anyone in Philly have anything to say about some of the t-storms going on today? My mom is flying to Greece and her flight to Greece leaves from Philly and we are hoping for no delays. Weather channel says it will be pretty strong today.
First round of storms last night here where nasty.

If anything, short delay, its moving through pretty fast.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #10
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
First round of storms last night here where nasty.

If anything, short delay, its moving through pretty fast.
Awesome. Thanks man!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
was driving this

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr

across the Chesapeake bridge (4.3 miles long) in hurricane Floyd in 99..... was one of the scarriest moment in my life.. we were the last car they let through and then closed the bridge. My fiber glass roof was held on my a few woodscrews.. waves were comming over the bridge and I could only do about 10-15 mph..so we were the only ones out there because all of the other cars booked it outta there. and at that speed i was all over both lanes with my sloppy steering and the huge winds. I was positive the top was going to rip off and fly into the bay... it was scary as sh!t.. made it though.. :-)
Old 06-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
was driving this

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr

across the Chesapeake bridge in hurricane Floyd in 99..... was one of the scarriest moment in my life.. we were the last car they let through and then closed the bridge. My fiber glass roof was held on my a few woodscrews.. waves were comming over the bridge and I could only do about 10-15 mph..so we were the only ones out there because all of the other cars booked it outta there. and at that speed i was all over both lanes with my sloppy steering and the huge winds. I was positive the top was going to rip off and fly into the bay... it was scary as sh!t.. made it though.. :-)
F that. Surprised they let you through with that.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #13
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
yup, once I realized the situation I was in I said the same thing.. I cursed them the whole way across.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #14
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Screw you people up north..I WANT MORE THAN HOT A$$ HUMID WEATHER DOWN HERE!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Screw you people up north..I WANT MORE THAN HOT A$$ HUMID WEATHER DOWN HERE!
LOL, I hate it when its hot and humid. It's been a nice temp today, besides being cloudy, nice day in the upper 60's.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Only weather we get here are big snow storms every 10 years and some good lighting storms in the summer nights.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Only weather we get here are big snow storms every 10 years and some good lighting storms in the summer nights.
That's a great pic.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #18
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
That's a great pic.
Thanks.
I was chasing the storm all night. trying to stay ahead of it isnt as easy as you would think. I am very happy i was able to snap that off as the rain pounded us right after.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #19
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Reporting almost 100* heat and summer hasn't even officially started.. Gonna be another hot summer down south.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Thanks.
I was chasing the storm all night. trying to stay ahead of it isnt as easy as you would think. I am very happy i was able to snap that off as the rain pounded us right after.
Yeah, I guess if you and the storm where following a strait highway, it would be easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
Reporting almost 100* heat and summer hasn't even officially started.. Gonna be another hot summer down south.
Yeah, we have already been in the 90's. Not consistently thank god. I only like it that hot if I'm in a pool.