1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to make a logo i made larger???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tacomathunder, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Jun 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    so im trying to open a company, and i made a logo in paint, and its pretty small.... i tried putting it in gimp and tracing it, then raising the pixel count and size, and still it comes out blurry... anyone help? ill put a picture of a letter from the logo, cuz i dont wanna give away what the company is yet :D, in the logo so you can see what i mean

Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 12.26.11 AM.jpg

2. Jun 17, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
  3. Jun 17, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    davidpick

davidpick NWXPDTN

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Leavenworth, WA
    Vehicle:
    1988 Pickup 22R 5sp 2wd
    Weber 32/36, RV Cam, LCE exhaust headers, Desmogged
    you need to use vectors or make the logo at the actual pixel size you need it. i would recommend using vectors (i.e. adobe illustrator or equivalent) that way you can resize the logo as needed for whatever you want to use it for, be it letterheads or billboards.

4. Jun 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    ...what davidpick said...

vector objects can be scaled up or down w/out degredation, unlike raster objects (i.e. a set of colored pixels) that become "blurrier" (technical term there :D) when scaled up because it has to "infer" details (interpolated pixels) that aren't present in the original.

if you have text in the logo, try to redo all the text as vector text in gimp, ...see if you can find a similar font and work from there ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top