Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

My Need For Speed

Old 08-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #41
Nielsen23 is just really niceNielsen23 is just really niceNielsen23 is just really niceNielsen23 is just really nice

Name: Nick
Nielsen23's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for a clean GTR!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #42
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
I would literally pay you to just be able to sit in this car... I don't know how rare they are in Canada but they are almost unheard of in the states. I'd take one of these over a Rx7 or Supra and even NSX all day every day.

Hurry up and do more mods so I can be more
This
Old 08-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #43
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
I would literally pay you to just be able to sit in this car... I don't know how rare they are in Canada but they are almost unheard of in the states. I'd take one of these over a Rx7 or Supra and even NSX all day every day.

Hurry up and do more mods so I can be more
There a lot more common in Canada but its not like you see the car everywhere lol

Money is the issue right now because of buying the car this summer, so it's gonna be slow going at the beginning here. Be patient it'll come in time
Old 09-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #44
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Small update on the car, got two Apexi Intake Pods second hand from a friend who owns an R33 as well. For 100$ I said sure, at least it gets rid of the air box! After some much needed cleaning in the intake piping everything was back together.

So my friend suggested I can start deleting unnecessary systems in my car. Example my charcoal canister for emissions purposes. What we did delete though was the venting line for my blow off valves. Modded them for they were atmospherely vented for I can hear them when I'm boosting on and off!

Of course I ran into an issue where once that mod was done the engine wanted to die. We found out the OEM blow off valves where open during idle. So we replaced the whole OEM set up with a single Greddy blow off valve he had laying around in his spare parts.

The car is running fine now and I can really hear that blow off valve now! As well got to order the start of my parts.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #45
Get Boosted

Did wanna mention because of those pods and the Greddy blow off valve the car sounds way more "ricer" styled hahaha

"mad turbo spool" then "psshho psshho" !
Old 10-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #46
Get Boosted

Well just a couple of days ago the car went into winter storage!

So to prep the car for storage all I can think of was fuel stabilizer and disconnecting the battery, any other helpful tips for a car that's gonna stay sitting for about 6 months?

So with that said got around doing a compression test on the engine to see what kind of life there is on the engine. Here are the results

So everything came out perfect with no failing cylinders I can build up this engine up to its limit. Of course the threshold on the engine is known to be around 500WHP, surprisingly that's the goal I want but I'm pretty sure a stock engine won't last that long on that limit. So the goal on the stock engine will be 425-450WHP.

I'm glad my little unit I've rented has enough room to build on the front end of the car! Excited to get into that engine bay!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #47
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
if you put it away wet, dont seal it up for the winter.. I would put a dehumidifyer in that garage.. condensation can do a lot of damage in an unheated garage over a winter.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #48
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
if you put it away wet, dont seal it up for the winter.. I would put a dehumidifyer in that garage.. condensation can do a lot of damage in an unheated garage over a winter.
It is heated which is an awesome bonus for me, what do you mean by "put it away wet?"

Edit: Nvm I gotcha lol the heated garage will get rid of all of that
Old 10-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #49
Get Boosted

Update With Whats Going On With The Car

So unfortunately the people who i was renting my storage unit with will not let me work on my car while its parked inside. Their reasoning behind it was because its a storage unit not a garage. Well bummer, i got rid of that storage unit sooo fast since i was prety pissed off at them and bought myself a "make your own garage" kit

Even though its not heated i can always put some kind of heater for when i decide to go work on the car. It works for now and its even a bit bigger then the unit i was renting!

As well i love it when parts come in!!

Old 10-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #50
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
awesome car
Old 10-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #51
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
awesome car
Thank you sir!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:10 PM   #52
Get Boosted

Alright let the teardown begin! Trying to get this all done before the real cold gets here since my little make up garage is not heated.

So im not gonna go into great details with the teardown and re-build just point out a few things, if you wanna know something fell free to ask.

So anyways here's a couple days work on the engine got all of the electrical out, Intake, fuel injectors, fuel rail, random piping, heat shields, crossbar, throttle mechanism, drained radiator & the front grill/bumper. I'm gonna need a hand to get the turbo's out and same with the intake plenum so until then i'm on hold.

Before:

After:
Old 02-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #53
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
oh man, this is going to be awesome. have you done much work on it this winter? I' in Alaska, and i know it can get stupid cold..not sure how that little garage will hold heat to work in, lol.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #54
yesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really nice

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
sorry had to clean the drool off my laptop.
love it op!

Post #3: seriously?! gtfo here, this is the off topic section you shouldn't have clicked on this thread if the title offended you. women.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #55
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by R09ster View Post
oh man, this is going to be awesome. have you done much work on it this winter? I' in Alaska, and i know it can get stupid cold..not sure how that little garage will hold heat to work in, lol.
No progress whatsoever lol Its still sitting like it is in the after picture. Gonna have to wait till spring when the temperature warms up before i can pick away at it a little more. Still need a clutch for the car & other few bits, stock one wont hold to well once the power goes up

Got plans to get it in a real garage for next winter if i dont end up driving the car in the summer, i'll be real bummed out if i cant drive it in summer!! My little hut is okay but a real pain in the ass really lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmar View Post
sorry had to clean the drool off my laptop.
love it op!

Post #3: seriously?! gtfo here, this is the off topic section you shouldn't have clicked on this thread if the title offended you. women.
haha Thanks man!
Old 08-09-2014, 03:46 AM   #56
Get Boosted

Niiice^^^ but that's a Gtst from the front bumper and not a gtr model lol

despite not doing anything to this thread for almost a year the car went back together stock for this summer because I wanted to drive it. So I did exactly that and had one hell of a time with it this summer until I blew the front diff....

I blew the diff maybe a good month and a half ago now and in order to replace the shredded gears in the diff the engine has to be yanked out.

So I managed to get the car in a garage for the upcoming winter. it's still summer out which bums me out because I can't drive my car. On the other hand the real build can finally start with the engine being re-built and the front end getting some touch ups. I'll post some pics later because I have started tearing down the car for this
Old 08-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #57
Get Boosted

Update (literally a year later....)

Anyways as mentioned above after the past winter months I threw the car back together stock. The summer was fun! Raced my car on a real track and met up with other local around town

Then people cannot drive and got this nice dent

So I now have a carbon hood on the way. After a week from that happening I blew my front diff from a hard launch so I decided to pull my engine. The car is now outta c omission for the rest of the year till next summer.

So now I have the car sitting in its forever home for a year

Accessories all stripped off

Engine being pulled

Engine safe and sound ready for cleaning and getting everything else off

So there you have it, that's as far as I am with the car. This us not a dead thread :P
Old 08-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #58
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. RB26 is a blast isn't it? I still crave the power. I had 3 R32 GTRs and one gtst, and 2 Silvia's. Man they were good times.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #59
Get Boosted

Holy smokes! well you should know all about the Skylines! lol but what I've got is a R33 which is a blast! just like you I'm on the hunt for bigger power too