Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

My Need For Speed

Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
My Need For Speed

Latest Picture

MODS

Engine
-Boost Restrictor Out
-Apexi Intake Pods
-Greddy Blow Off Valve

Exterior
-Retrofitted High/Low Headlights With HID's

Interior
-Various Carbon Fiber Wrapped Pieces

Future Mods
-Greddy/Godspeed Intake
-Tomei Exhaust Manifold
-Tomei Turbo Dump Pipes
-Tomei Twin Turbos (Now changed to Garretts 2860R-5's)
-Haltech ECU
-Deascherwerks 800cc Injectors (Now changed to Injector Dynamics 850cc)
-Upgrades Fuel Pump (Deashworks 320)
-Tomei Oil Pump
-N1 Water Pump
-Aluminum Radiator
-HKS Oil Cooler With Oil Filter Relocation Kit
-Twin Plate Clutch
-Build Engine Capable For 500WHP (Internals With Head Work) (In Time)

Well I'm coming to realize that the Tacoma can only get you so far with performance. With enough money I'm sure you can build one crazy beast. The problem is that I don't have that kind of cash so I picked up real race car to suite my need for speed.

I thought I would share with everyone for we can all see what race car I bought. This is an imported 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR. For the condition it's in for a 95 is unbelievable knowing it came from all the way from Japan! There is obsolutely no rust on the underside of the frame or on the body! The interior is just as good! I couldn't let go of this deal! Here's a few pictures of the car.

This car is completely stock except for an exhaust (came like that from Japan). Stock, this car can MOVE for a 95 but I was not able to do full launch since the car is not actually legal to drive on the streets due to a failed out of province inspection. I had to replace the rear brake due to rust on the rotor. It was tooken for a joy ride around the block. So this is where I am now gotta get a new inspection get some insurance and registration for to be road legal. Once that happens here's comes some fun!

This doesn't mean I'm giving up my Tacoma! Or this is goodbye! No way! This car is only gonna be a toy with my truck still staying right beside me till it drops!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Bump for some exposure lol
Old 06-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you are only gonna test that thing out on a track. Any mention of racing / speeding will get this thread locked.

From the COC: Political discussion, talk or displays of reckless driving, street racing and excessive speeding are also not permitted on Tacoma World. Posting links or information for the purpose of pirating or illegally obtaining products is also prohibited.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
So sick
Old 06-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome!!
..... I thought these things weren't legal here though..? or is that the newer ones?

Edit: Never mind I just re-read your post lol
Old 06-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
I hope you are only gonna test that thing out on a track. Any mention of racing / speeding will get this thread locked.

From the COC: Political discussion, talk or displays of reckless driving, street racing and excessive speeding are also not permitted on Tacoma World. Posting links or information for the purpose of pirating or illegally obtaining products is also prohibited.
I don't plan on getting this thread locked but thanks for the heads up! The real testing of the car I would take it on a track

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MacReady View Post
WOW!
Just WOW!
looks immaculate & will be a beast when the build is done. Plan on getting an R32 GTR eventually when settled in New Mexico area.

congrats
Thanks man! Sure hope you can get one yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
So sick
Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WThomas1250 View Post
Looks awesome!!
..... I thought these things weren't legal here though..? or is that the newer ones?

Edit: Never mind I just re-read your post lol
Thanks! Yeah in Canada it's easier to get imports and what not
Old 06-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Ohhhh you're in Canada... We're apparently not allowed to have these things in the US. Lucky!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing find here. I am jealous.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
Get Boosted

Quote:
Ohhhh you're in Canada... We're apparently not allowed to have these things in the US. Lucky!
Is it to do with the RHD? Or the vehicle not being older then 25 years? I'm not quite sure how the states regulate imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTRD View Post
Amazing find here. I am jealous.
Thanks! It's a pretty sweet ride
Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Giggity
Old 06-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #13
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
4wd is awesome
4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future

Name: Collin
4x4yota's Tacoma Gallery
Such a sweet car.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #15
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice skyline how much did you paid for it ?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #16
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Dope...a stormtrooper skyline.
Haha yeah! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma View Post
Very Nice!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4yota View Post
Such a sweet car.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meantaco View Post
nice skyline how much did you paid for it ?
The guy was asking $18,000 CAN got him down to $16,000 CAN
He's also taking care of the out of province inspection fees, same with re-painting the front lip under the bumper and took care the cost of the rear brakes (rotor too)
So not to bad of a deal considering how nice of a condition it's in
Old 06-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #17
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
young one, straight from the border patrol/ customs website. any car over 25 years old can be imported.

Before you decide to import a vehicle or vehicle parts into the United States, you should ensure that they conform to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. These agencies have very detailed requirements that can make importing a vehicle and or its parts difficult, if not impossible, for some vehicles that were not originally manufactured for the U.S. market.
Nonconforming vehicles less than 25 years old entering the United States must be brought into compliance, exported, or destroyed.
Vehicles over 25 years old are exempt from EPA and DOT requirements, although you will still need to obtain and prepare EPA and DOT paperwork to provide to a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer in order to clear your vehicle through CBP.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-vehicle-parts
Old 06-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #18
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
young one, straight from the border patrol/ customs website. any car over 25 years old can be imported.

Before you decide to import a vehicle or vehicle parts into the United States, you should ensure that they conform to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. These agencies have very detailed requirements that can make importing a vehicle and or its parts difficult, if not impossible, for some vehicles that were not originally manufactured for the U.S. market.
Nonconforming vehicles less than 25 years old entering the United States must be brought into compliance, exported, or destroyed.
Vehicles over 25 years old are exempt from EPA and DOT requirements, although you will still need to obtain and prepare EPA and DOT paperwork to provide to a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer in order to clear your vehicle through CBP.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-vehicle-parts
Oh yeah, had a feeling it had to do with the 25 year rule
Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
Get Boosted

Well one week later since it was stuck at the inspection shop for the long weekend I was finally able to get it legal on the road!

I gotta say wow this car is fassst for it being a 95! It's actually really impressive :O

Can't get over how well this car handles as well! This car would be sooo much fun on a real track to push it to its limits!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #20
Get Boosted

Well i suppose il show you guys/gals the brakes that has been replaced in order to pass inspection (Dont mind the dirty wheel)

So its only the rear brakes that got an upgrade on the rotor which i find pretty funny since the guy selling it to me didnt wanna upgrade all 4 lol

So here's what the front ones look like:

And here's the replaced rears:

Funny the rear has slotted rotors and the front doesn't

On a side note i recently went to a driver meet club in my city and i met a guy that knows the R33 GTR by heart! He owns one that has a built engine and a single turbo conversion that was putting out somewhere around the 600WHP.

So anyway i told him mine was as stock as you can get the car in and he pointed out i can up my boost by taking out a restrictor in this line. The restrictor was almost like an orifice in the rubber line which the one at the right. I'm not quite sure this is but my guess its the sensor to my boost gauge in the car lol

So my boost went up an extra 2-3 psi after removing this restrictor, stock boost is somewhere around 11-12PSI so after the mod it went to 1 BAR = 14-15PSI

With the increased boost ive read up thats the limit on my stock turbo's since that's all the ceramic exhaust wheel can take. Ive still got A LOT more to learn about this car just like how i did with the Tacoma!

EDIT: found out its actually my boost controller that piece in the picture above