Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

New Planets Found That Could Harbor Life

View Poll Results: Do You Think There Is Life In The Universe?
Yes, on a molecular level, Not Intelligent Life 7 8.75%
Yes, there Is Intelligent Life Out There 67 83.75%
No, There Is No Other Life In the Universe... Beside Us 6 7.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
New Planets Found That Could Harbor Life

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...are-habitable/

So what are your thoughts, do you think there is life out there? I always wonder myself... with all of the billions upon trillions of stars and galaxies there are.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is a mathematical impossibility that we are the only life , including intelligent life , in our universe
Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I can't answer the poll because I don't know, I don't even know enough to make a guess of yes or no.
Just my .02
Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I think it is a mathematical impossibility that we are the only life , including intelligent life , in our universe
I agree with that, its hard for me to believe that we are it in the almost infinite universe.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #5
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I am all for some science, but can somebody tell me how the hell you can determine if a planet 22 million light years away could habor life.

That gives you such and enormous chance for error based on these calculations.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
I am all for some science, but can somebody tell me how the hell you can determine if a planet 22 million light years away could habor life.

i think the one in the article is only 22 light years away, but i see your point.... i think they just mean its within a zone that, based on the stars intensity heat wise and such, would make it a habitable place to live.... not saying that it is, just a theory...technically mars is in the habitable zone in our solar system, but no one or nothing is there now, as far as we know lol
Old 06-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #7
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
I believe there is intelligent life in the universe, maybe in our own galaxy. However, I am very skeptical that aliens have visited Earth, unless there is a way to bend, or fold space that allows instantaneous space travel. The reason is that the nearest planets are tens of light years away and if a space craft could travel at light speed, it would take them at least 20 or more years to get here and back. At Earth speed, about 30,000 mph, it would take at least 1 million years just to get here.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It doesn't have to because one of the other 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000 planets could
Old 06-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #9
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Finding life would be cool but is there a reason for searching that could help us in any which way?

There is a reason NASA went bankrupt...
Old 06-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Also wouldn't religion go out the window with discovery of life?
Old 06-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Also wouldn't religion go out the window with discovery of life?
Not according to the Vatican

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7399661.stm
Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #12
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It doesn't have to because one of the other 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000 planets could
I will wait patiently for the evidence.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh the irony
Old 06-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #14
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nibiru
Old 06-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #16
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Oh the irony
lol
Old 06-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #17
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
I believe there is intelligent life in the universe, maybe in our own galaxy. However, I am very skeptical that aliens have visited Earth, unless there is a way to bend, or fold space that allows instantaneous space travel. The reason is that the nearest planets are tens of light years away and if a space craft could travel at light speed, it would take them at least 20 or more years to get here and back. At Earth speed, about 30,000 mph, it would take at least 1 million years just to get here.
Your basing that on earth physics and the physics we know here on earth like Newtonian physics. who is to say there isnt another form of ohysics out there at we have yet to understand? Think about gravity in our physics understanding. the universe is expanding, pushing things away from each other. that is the opposite of gravity as we understand it. They have made a theory about dark energy as the cause, yet they cant explain how and why it works.
Quote:
Quote:
Oh the irony
Old 06-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
lol
Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 AM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Your basing that on earth physics and the physics we know here on earth like Newtonian physics. who is to say there isnt another form of ohysics out there at we have yet to understand? Think about gravity in our physics understanding. the universe is expanding, pushing things away from each other. that is the opposite of gravity as we understand it. They have made a theory about dark energy as the cause, yet they cant explain how and why it works.

Multiverse
Old 06-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #20
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Attached Thumbnails
New Planets Found That Could Harbor Life-29375065.jpg