1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

**Trending Video** Police Shoot Man's Dog

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RJALLDAY702, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You guys sure like to argue about this cop in the right / wrong stuff a lot

Just an observation

2. Jul 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM
    Ryan DCFS

Ryan DCFS Elevator guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    09 DC long bed TRD silver streak

83 posts... You must be new here.

:D

3. Jul 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    Ryan DCFS

Ryan DCFS Elevator guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:

WHAT THE FUCK.

4. Jul 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    NW4RUNNER

NW4RUNNER Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 runner trail
    No question who was in the right IMO. Whole thing could have been avoided if owner had a lick of responsibility and decency.

5. Jul 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    Ryan DCFS

Ryan DCFS Elevator guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Deal...

That was fucking strange...

6. Jul 2, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    Well its only been a few minutes and I have 1 so far :rolleyes:

7. Jul 3, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    What part of "Police SHOOT Man's Dog" isnt a warning that a dog will be shot?
    who cares, its the internet.. and its your opinion versus another persons. everyone cant agree.

And Chris said it earlier but why couldnt animal control have been called? You could have put the guy on his knees next to the dog? Just a question, feel free to answer it accordingly

8. Jul 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    TacoDanny

TacoDanny Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 Offroad
    King CO w/ res, Camburg UCAs, King Rears w/ res, Ironman Rear Leafs, CBI Rear Bumper w/ Swingout, KR Fab sliders, Ultragauge, Satoshi grill, Weathertech floor mats, DeMello 3 Hoop Front Bumper, AFE CAI Intake, Retrofitsource FX-R Projectors
  9. Jul 3, 2013 at 12:55 AM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    and the dog ran home! the video for this thread we have no clue where it lives, if there are people down the street. it obviously didnt subdue the dog. taze it multiple times?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-dog-Taser-attacks-woman-walks-promenade.html

and this one killed a dog with a taser. so then the argument wouldve been to pepper spray it. and if a dog has an allergic reaction to the spray and died, the bleeding hearts would say to baton it?

people seem to continue arguing because no one was injured. if the dog wouldve mauled an officer, what would you guys say then?

10. Jul 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    I agree with you until the final point. You can't say what if.. that's not the situation that happened therefore not the one we are discussing. What if the guy was never there, what if the dog never left the car, what if the dog licked the officer. You know what I mean?

11. Jul 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
    GuyWithCamera

GuyWithCamera Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Tracy,CA
    Vehicle:
    Nissan 370Z
    A taser is only good if the prongs hit the target and if it doesn't there goes 30 seconds +/- to reload the taser.... Not to mention not every officer carries a taser.

12. Jul 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
    magikbean562

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    thats the thing, the dog was out, the owner detained, the dog is pissed with no where to go and it sure as shit isnt going to back down. human safety> animals life (not all the time, but this time fuck yea). the dog was lunging and getting closer every time, how do you know when its gonna just go hulk smash and charge? no one knew and the officers erred on the side of caution. you do realize there is little time to react when you have 3 feet between you and an angry dog. blink of a fuckin eye. they dont have 4 foot sticks to keep at bay.

13. Jul 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM
    magikbean562

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders

and after its tased, where is the dog gonna go?

14. Jul 3, 2013 at 1:14 AM
    GuyWithCamera

GuyWithCamera Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Tracy,CA
    Vehicle:
    Nissan 370Z
    Valid question, But I doubt the officer was really thinking that clearly in such a short time span to think "well where will the dog go if i do this?"

there's about 13-15 seconds from the time the dog jumped out of the car to where lethal force was used... Common sense dictates that you are going to protect yourself and everyone else from bodily harm as quick as possible.

I youtube'd and googled around what else could of been done, a taser would stop the attack but the dog would retreat and clearly the dog showed aggression so I wouldn't want the dog running rampant in my neighborhood especially if the whole town is surrounding the scene so I would be afraid of the dog attacking someone else... Mace/pepper spray wouldn't work but just piss off the dog, They have specific mace for dogs which officers are not carrying as they usually deal with people.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  15. Jul 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    magikbean562

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders

i totally agree with you, i was just saying its gonna run and who knows where. and wherever it goes its gonna be agitated and scared and madder than it was 2 seconds before.

16. Jul 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM
    GREEKBOY12295

GREEKBOY12295 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
    Radflo 2.5 Coilovers, Viper Alarm 5902, Bilstein 5100's, Polk Speakers, Blacked out grille and Emblems, All Pro 3" leafs, Pioneer AVH-4300 Double Din, BHLM, 4" Maxtrac Spindle, Aero Turbine 2525xl, Ultra Gauge, Rockford Fosgate 300 mono amp, 10" Kicker CVR
    I honestly am starting to think there might be something wrong with LAPD

17. Jul 3, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    hoarder23

hoarder23 Truck fell over

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    15 Pyrite Mica DCSB Sport
    Scratches
    The owner was 100% in the wrong on this one. The very first thing I noticed int he video was the retractable leash he was using, my dog is 50 lbs and I use a heavy duty web leash. That dog was at least 100 and would go wherever he wanted with a shitty leash like that. Then to put him in a car with the windows down in a situation where he knows hes going to be surrounded with a bunch of hostile people, recipe for disaster. That dog died because his owner is a fucking retard.

18. Jul 3, 2013 at 5:21 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Well fuck it, I'm throwing my opinion out there. This is why i think the LEOs where wrong. First off both sides are Assholes, he was clearly trying to taunt the police, and it hurt their feelings enough to where they decided to fuck with him back.

Hindsight is always 20/20 so its easy for us all to say now here is what I would have done, but in the situation, and before knowing this who knows.

The guy clearly isn't doing anything to hinder the police's operations, his music was not loud enough for SWAT not be able to hear each other or for them not be able to do what they need to do. They went in the house, if this guy was such a distraction, they would of handled it before going in.

What should of happened, and again, hindsight, is they should of told him to turn down the music, and if not, right him a summons for everything they can find. There was no need for cuffs IMO, and this wouldn't of happened, even if the dog jumped out, owners hands would be free to secure.

Sad, but I believe this was about big ego's, and in the end, got an animal thinking its doing the right thing killed.
    Also, the officer should not of let the dog suffer. If your going to.put the dog down, do it. What makes the video even worse is the poor dog suffering.

19. Jul 3, 2013 at 5:27 AM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    so, on a SWAT call, with a barricaded subject, an AR strapped to you, and nervous as fuck as it is.... you want them to tell a guy thats yelling and swearing at them "sir please hold on while I turn my back to you and walk 50ft to my police car for my 3x5 summons' so i can start issuing you a handful." you want them to take all that time to write out tickets for this asshole, while on scene of a SWAT call?

just wanted to make sure i was getting that right.

like Brunes said earlier, the dog was doing what it thought was right, and no one in here is blaming the dog. but, TWICE, it clearly lunged at the cops (see 3:16, and 3:22), they gave it plenty of opportunity and verbal commands to knock it the fuck off. I guess if a 120lb rotti was lunging at me like that, in that demeanor, I cant say I'd do anything different. the owner of the dog is fucking retarded, and this is what happens when you try to make a spectacle of yourself being a tough guy to cops, for the reason of showing off.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  20. Jul 3, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Yep. If he was such a distraction, and hinderance, then he would of been dealt with before even entering the house. My bet is Swat couldn't hear him inside the house. Also it was perimeter fail. Around here, the whole block is shut down for a Swat detail.

For instance, I've had to call many of news media to tell them to get their helicopters out of the area because officers couldn't hear. It was all handled before Swat would enter the house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top