Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

**Trending Video** Police Shoot Man's Dog

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #321
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I never said it did. im saying that the dog jumping out of the car and charging the cops was the first aggressive move. If that looked like a casual "hey whats up!? Pet me!" type of walk from a dog, then excuse me, i am wrong.
And the cop should have known not to try to move towards the dog at that point. Pretty simple.

Didnt look like he charged them. A dog in defense never turns away from the threat. You see the dog turn away and sniff the ground until the cop made the move for the leash.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #322
whitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura aboutwhitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura about

whitetacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
Tough debate for both sides of this story. After watching it though I grabbed my dog and gave him a big bear hug

Old 07-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #323
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by audi2000 View Post
No! kill everything that doesn't obey! Why was dickwad handcuffed---he was videotaping! Hmmm, that's not ok for you?
So, they arrest him (1st amendment violation) and kill his dog. Great moves!
Watch the video.
Call someone who knows canines! The dog unit, I bet they calm fido real quick.
You don't like facts do you?? He was asked to turn down the music in his car and tape from the other side of the street, which is a legal request for the police to make in order to continue their primary task of resolving an armed robbery. He declined to comply...That means he can be detained. (Thats a big word for handcuffed btw).

If the cops had a problem with being videoed....why would they leave the folks across the road rolling tape?? That guy was trying to make trouble and his actions octs his dog it's life in the end.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #324
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by audi2000 View Post
No! kill everything that doesn't obey! Why was dickwad handcuffed---he was videotaping! Hmmm, that's not ok for you?
So, they arrest him (1st amendment violation) and kill his dog. Great moves!
Watch the video.
Call someone who knows canines! The dog unit, I bet they calm fido real quick.
Yes, while the dog is mowing down my partner (or getting ready to), I'll be sure to radio in the nearest officer/ k-9 unit to come speak "dog whisperer" to the rottweiler and ask why it isn't calm tonight? Seriously?

Old 07-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #325
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
And the cop should have known not to try to move towards the dog at that point. Pretty simple.

Didnt look like he charged them. A dog in defense never turns away from the threat. You see the dog turn away and sniff the ground until the cop made the move for the leash.
Bingo, the cop tried to take control of the dog without using other means necessary. Like you said, the dog then became aggressive towards the cops. You cant leave the dog roaming the scene posing a threat to other officers who are dealing with the SWAT SITUATION.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #326
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
That was uncalled for.

I have some mean shit to say, but I'll just wish it on him instead.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #327
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Bingo, the cop tried to take control of the dog without using other means necessary. Like you said, the dog then became aggressive towards the cops. You cant leave the dog roaming the scene posing a threat to other officers who are dealing with the SWAT SITUATION.
The dog was never a threat till the cop made it one!

Old 07-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #328
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
bullshit, the dog was a threat the second it jumped out of the car

Old 07-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #329
4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
4lo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I'm not going to get hurt while trying to secure the scene, so if the need arises...Yes. It was not the officers first option.
Well ok then.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #331
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The second the dog jumped out of the window and ran towards the cops who were dealing with the subject, it became a threat.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #332
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do not agree. Dog came out of the car when the owner was blocked form view/being lead away. What happens when you turn to put the owner in the car?? You don't know and that means the dog is a variable that needs to be accounted for to ensure officer safety.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #333
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

So you dont believe the dogs behavior was threatening in any manner. it barking, jumping out the car and charging the cops? Got it.

It sucks to see a dog die, a dog that is very clearly loyal for its master. It is a sad shame his own put the dog in that position. yes he tried to put it in the car and could not foresee him jumping out. It is a sad situation where everybody loses. In life you make choices, and some time you choose wrong, and you must live with those consequences. I bet that officer didnt wake up thinking about how he wanted to shoot a mans dog that day. It is a choice he made and will live with. Given how quickly things escalated, i honestly dont know what other reaction you expect. he held his fire until the dog lunged and snapped at him. it was him or the dog. i know your thinking "but the dog wouldnt kill the officer" but that is a mute point. at that point the officer was put in a precarious situation where his health was put at risk. If he let the dog attack him, and tore up his arm and put him out of work for 6 months, he has to spend another 6 months in physical therapy, and thousands of medical bills,where would you stand? the dogs life is more important than that officers well being? No.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #334
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
and let me be clear, I am not glad, happy, or high-fiving anyone over the dog being shot. As someone who has had to dispatch animals before, it is a sickening feeling. i understand everyone's anger toward the situation but people are directing it toward the wrong people.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #335

I did not see it as a threat. there were more than one cop there. One guy puts the suspect in the car the others keep and eye out. Seems pretty simple almost like something you should do in any situation.

The dog was sniffing the ground, thats not a threat. a threat is the dogs barking uncontrollably at you and snapping repeatedly. The dog made one snap in defense and now its dead.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #336
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
x2 i felt bad for the dog suffering
yes sir. I had to give my pup a big hug after that.
then I punched a wall to regain my manliness.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #337
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did not see it as a threat. there were more than one cop there. One guy puts the suspect in the car the others keep and eye out. Seems pretty simple almost like something you should do in any situation.

The dog was sniffing the ground, thats not a threat. a threat is the dogs barking uncontrollably at you and snapping repeatedly. The dog made one snap in defense and now its dead.
So what? They don't know shit about the dog, don't know if he's rabid, been trained to fight, nothing, he's a threat, in a cop's mind, he is a threat.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #338
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

So you'd watch the dog at a distance of what 8-10 feet to see if he would charge at the officer on custody of the owner and then shoot when it did that?? Or you'd out your body in the way and take the mauling were it too occur??

Old 07-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #339

Its foolish to shoot because you don't know. That would never hold up in court if it was a human.

Closed Thread