LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

**Trending Video** Police Shoot Man's Dog

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
**Trending Video** Police Shoot Man's Dog

Not sure if this has been posted already, But I just came across this video and wanted to see what the world of TW thought about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej-2FlWGWcU

Pretty disturbing.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
chenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chenbro's Tacoma Gallery
I had to stop watching as soon as shots were fired

Old 07-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
It can go both ways. The dog did try to attack the officers, so the officers acted in self defense. At the same time, they could have allowed the owner to gain control of his dog. He obviously was compliant with them from the beginning of the arrest so he wouldn't have ran or attacked them. In the end though the officer was protecting himself and his fellow officers from an attacking dog.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Dog's instincts VS Cops training, dog lost

Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I like puppies so it was hard to watch.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #8
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
It can go both ways. The dog did try to attack the officers, so the officers acted in self defense. At the same time, they could have allowed the owner to gain control of his dog. He obviously was compliant with them from the beginning of the arrest so he wouldn't have ran or attacked them. In the end though the officer was protecting himself and his fellow officers from an attacking dog.
Somewhat this. From MY point of view of watching as much as I could I do not believe AT ALL that the dog needed to be shot. The ONLY reason that the dog even got close to "attacking" was because the officer went after the dog and tried to grab him. I do however agree that the owner should have been released from hand-cuffs to grab the dog. He clearly wanted the dog OUT OF THE SITUATION when he put the dog back in the car. The owner shouldn't have even been put in handcuffs in the first place. Some fucking police.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
I'll keep my mouth shut as much as I don't want to.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
and then they just fucking left it there in pain.. I'll just shut my mouth now

Old 07-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I'll keep my mouth shut as much as I don't want to.
x2.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Wow I'm military police and like stated earlier that could go both ways. But, I will say that was hard to watch and could have been handled a lot better on the cops part. They did not need to cuff the man being he was compliant. Many will only see this one sided but cops have to protect themselves they want to go home in one piece at the end of the day to. Also, you dont know what kind of crime went on in that house.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #13
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprice66 View Post
I saw that this morning... It was part of an article I was reading online

The guy with the dog is making and has made a spectacle of himself in the past

Arrested a couple of times and his car stereo was loud enough for the police to notice him... This same guy is supposed to have a lawsuit against that police department

He should have stayed out of whatever the police were doing...

That being said ... There was no reason for that cop to shoot that dog 4 TIMES

The dog wasn't out of control in my opinion

How about some pepper spray ???

What about all of the innocent bystanders that could have been shot ???

No bueno !!!

Like I said ALL of them are dipshits

Old 07-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
and then they just fucking left it there in pain.. I'll just shut my mouth now
Do you think it would have looked better if they just executed it in the street? For all they know, it could have just been shot in the leg / non-vital area and the dog could've received treatment.

I posted this on the LEO BS Thread, so if any of you are curious, you can try and look at this situation through a LEO's eyes after reading their interpretations.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/law...ml#post7104674

To me, yes, this is hard to watch and it's a shitty situation, but I believe that the LEO can back up that he felt he / his buddies were in a possible life / death situation, and he acted accordingly. It was a large, aggressive dog that appeared to want to attack the officers. You can definitely argue the other side, but I will pretty much give LEO's the benefit of the doubt in most situations, as most do not know what is going through their minds in literally a split second decision.

Matt

Old 07-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Do you think it would have looked better if they just executed it in the street? For all they know, it could have just been shot in the leg / non-vital area and the dog could've received treatment.

I posted this on the LEO BS Thread, so if any of you are curious, you can try and look at this situation through a LEO's eyes after reading their interpretations.

To me, yes, this is hard to watch and it's a shitty situation, but I believe that the LEO can back up that he felt he / his buddies were in a possible life / death situation, and he acted accordingly. It was a large, aggressive dog that appeared to want to attack the officers. You can definitely argue the other side, but I will pretty much give LEO's the benefit of the doubt in most situations, as most do not know what is going through their minds in literally a split second decision.

Matt
That would be why I shut my mouth.. and your post about large agressive dog.. any dog will protect its owner so if its small that makes a difference?

Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #17
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
That would be why I shut my mouth.. and your post about large agressive dog.. any dog will protect its owner so if its small that makes a difference?
Naw, they'd a shot a toy poodle at least nine or ten times

Old 07-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #18
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Naw, they'd a shot a toy poodle at least nine or ten times
After the video ended there was another one where a cop maced a squirrel.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #19
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post

Matt
X2 I'll back you on this bud. Unless your actually in the situation a an LEO or have experience than you may never understand why that decision was made.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #20
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't that violate youtubes terms of use?
Someone save that vid before it gets taken down.

The dog attacked the officer, so I am sure he wasn't wrong in shooting it. What I am not understanding is why the cops put the dude in cuffs.

Closed Thread