Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

UFC 162 - Silva KO'd

Old 07-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #41
Mustard Tiger
OrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
OrlPreds's Tacoma Gallery
To each his own. It did open up the division for the time being, which is a good thing. I must not be sold on Weidman because I think Belfort, Anderson both beat him. WIll be interesting to see what happens down the road.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #42
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
And speaking of the Griffin fight

Does this look familiar?!?
Hands at side, head bobbing and weaving punches?!?

Only difference is that Weidman caught him
Old 07-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #43
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlPreds View Post
To each his own. It did open up the division for the time being, which is a good thing. I must not be sold on Weidman because I think Belfort, Anderson both beat him. WIll be interesting to see what happens down the road.
I would also like to see Anderson move up
Fight folks like Machida, Shogun, Jones, Rashad
And he can easily (naturally) make and maintain that weight; he's a pretty big framed middleweight

If Anderson doesn't take it; I'd like to see them give Belfort the fight
I think he's got a solid chance at taking Weidman out too
Belfort became my favorite (not any more) the day I saw him swarm the snot out of Tank Abbot in 97
Old 07-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #44
professional trousersnake charmer
RJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ/Mike Hauncho/HeavyHands
RJ MacReady's Tacoma Gallery
idk why no one is giving Weidman any credit. Guy is no joke. Silva's antics are funny bc he mocks his opponents but it kind of insults the sport in a way; making him look untouchable to those watching the match & putting himself on an echelon above other fighters. His fall from grace was inevitable. i'm a silva fan don't get me wrong but his octigon antics always rubbed me the wrong way. it's great to see that belt go to someone else for a change.

**Still think the Best Fight To Never Happen would be The Spider vs. Bones Jones
Old 07-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MacReady View Post
idk why no one is giving Weidman any credit. Guy is no joke. Silva's antics are funny bc he mocks his opponents but it kind of insults the sport in a way; making him look untouchable to those watching the match & putting himself on an echelon above other fighters. His fall from grace was inevitable. i'm a silva fan don't get me wrong but his octigon antics always rubbed me the wrong way. it's great to see that belt go to someone else for a change.

**Still think the Best Fight To Never Happen would be The Spider vs. Bones Jones
I think GSP vs Silva would be a better fight; well, in that it'd be a more competitive / closer fight
I really can't seem to give Silva anything more than a punchers-chance against Jones - I think Jones would absolutely demolish him
Old 07-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #46
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
I think GSP vs Silva would be a better fight; well, in that it'd be a more competitive / closer fight
I really can't seem to give Silva anything more than a punchers-chance against Jones - I think Jones would absolutely demolish him
I agree with that completely. Did you see where Jones said Silva disrespected his opponent and the "war gods made him pay"
Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupster88 View Post
I agree with that completely. Did you see where Jones said Silva disrespected his opponent and the "war gods made him pay"
I haven't seen the video; but, I read an article that had some quotes from that today
Old 07-10-2013, 05:06 AM   #48

I have no expectation whatsoever that a GSP vs Silva or Jones vs Silva fight will ever happen

I stopped listening to this "superfight" business about 5 years ago

I've been hearing that GSP is Anderson's next opponent since I still had a hairline
Old 07-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #49

Diaz called out Anderson a while back

And apparently he wants back in the game

Let those 2 go at it - the amount of arm flailing in the air would be astonishing
Old 07-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #50
ANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
ANT2013taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Diaz called out Anderson a while back

And apparently he wants back in the game

Let those 2 go at it - the amount of hand flailing in the air would be astonishing
Diaz wouldn't last a minute. He leaves himself open while he constantly advances on his opponent, Silva loves to counterpunch while backing up. That is where he gets his wins, he wants an attack.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #51

diaz is also the only human being that can land 27,349 punches directly on a man's face and not stun them
Old 07-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #52
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Super fights are never gonna happen, at least not any time soon. Right now is the time to make the Diaz-Silva fight! Nick said he would only come out I retirement to fight GSP or Silva so why not?! I think it would be a good fight. Neither are good wrestlers, both like to taunt mid-fight, and I think Diaz could handle some of Silva. I'd still pick Silva to win it though.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #53

Quote:
Super fights are never gonna happen, at least not any time soon. Right now is the time to make the Diaz-Silva fight! Nick said he would only come out I retirement to fight GSP or Silva so why not?! I think it would be a good fight. Neither are good wrestlers, both like to taunt mid-fight, and I think Diaz could handle some of Silva. I'd still pick Silva to win it though.
GSP already massacred Diaz

Neither are good wrestlers; but, both have solid jitz; Diaz probably a little bit more prominent in that
I'd give it to Silva too
Old 07-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #54
ANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Yeah, maybe Diaz' nick name should be "Flyswatter"!! He is a poor waste of talent, if he learned to control his temper and personal life he could be on top.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #55

Coast Guard:
Quote:

No way, Diaz would be flat out quickly. I don't care for either man and wouldn't care to see the match.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:28 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT2013taco View Post
No way, Diaz would be flat out quickly. I don't care for either man and wouldn't care to see the match.
What else then?

I don't care to see Silva fight anyone in his division
I think that's the worst division in the sport
Who hasn't Silva already beat that's of any prominence?
freaking Bisbing?!

Rematch Weidman or move the heck up to light-heavyweight and fight some of the elites like Machida, Shogun, Rashad, Jones - that division is freaking stacked
Old 07-10-2013, 05:53 AM   #57

Coast Guard:
Move up and fight Rashad first, Silva would want to make an impact and Rashad would love the chance to welcome him to the division.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT2013taco View Post
Move up and fight Rashad first, Silva would want to make an impact and Rashad would love the chance to welcome him to the division.
I thought I had heard about Rashad trying to get a catch-weight fight (or moving down maybe?) with him a while back
Don't know whatever became of that
Old 07-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlPreds View Post
I will say this...
Weidman looked pretty gassed starting the 2nd round
To the point I got worried
He might want to work on his cardio a bit
Old 07-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #60
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will say this...
Weidman looked pretty gassed starting the 2nd round
To the point I got worried
He might want to work on his cardio a bit
theres no way he was gassed. 5 seconds of ground and pound and 4:55 of anderson being a dick that 1st round lol. i think he was more annoyed and frustrated going into that second round. and if anyone thinks anderson was just giving it away and not trying, havent you seen any of his other fights???? he just happened to have gotten caught this time.