Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Please help a grad student complete his final project!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #21
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
done and done.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #22
2xtreme is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Engineer
2xtreme's Tacoma Gallery
Again, thanks all! I have recieved the largest response from the tacoma guys!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #23
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
x2
x3. The day I'm in bed with my wife and some police RC helo with a camera is outside my window "looking for contraband in my backyard" is the day I open my gunsafe for what will probably be the last time. Still ought to be a few things left in the country worth fighting and dying for. Fuck no.

Op: Done.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #24
JimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JC
JimmyCee's Tacoma Gallery
Done
Old 07-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #25

2xtreme's Tacoma Gallery
Ok did anyone have issues with the last 2 questions? 17 people so far have said they wouldn't get on a UAV flight but they would put a familiy member on without question. Did they not read the question correctly? Or do they just really feel mom won't notice the differance?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #26
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xtreme View Post
Ok did anyone have issues with the last 2 questions? 17 people so far have said they wouldn't get on a UAV flight but they would put a familiy member on without question. Did they not read the question correctly? Or do they just really feel mom won't notice the differance?
no issues with the final 2 questions. I suspect at least some of those 17 did misread it. interesting survey, certainly timely. an issue that will only press further as technology progresses. good luck, btw.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #27
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Gotcha

But the question about taking a flight on a UAV piloted plane if it was x amount less than a flight controlled on a plane with a pilot onboard doesn't give an option for " N/A".

That is what I wanted to put
I just checked 90%... figured that would get the message across in the study, considering that you can fly damned near anywhere on Southworst for less than $150, checking 90% is the same as answering "beer money"
Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #28
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
I did it and I can say UAVs can be used by military but no for cops and dhs just saying
I don't have a problem with DHS or cops under extremely limited circumstances, but the poll was not detailed enough.
One question touched on it with a warrant being required, and with a warrant, pretty much anything goes.

But a general police/FBI/DHS? No. Not blanket permission for anything they please. No problems with DHS using them along the border. No problem with the police using them to observe an active crime scene (where perhaps an armed suspect might pose a danger to a live flight crew). Even micro-UAVs have their place in police work.

But what it's going to boil down to Constitutionally is that anything in "plain view" is fair game.
Government agencies are not going to view the UAV as being any different than the cops overflying your property in an MD500 or a Cessna... just as they have for 50+ years.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
the day I open my gunsafe for what will probably be the last time.
I can say definitely the last time... because after that I won't NEED a gun safe because they will be carried 24/7 by both of us.

Now I just need a trenchcoat long enough to conceal a 20" AR.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #30
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I can say definitely the last time... because after that I won't NEED a gun safe because they will be carried 24/7 by both of us.

Now I just need a trenchcoat long enough to conceal a 20" AR.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #31

2xtreme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I don't have a problem with DHS or cops under extremely limited circumstances, but the poll was not detailed enough.
One question touched on it with a warrant being required, and with a warrant, pretty much anything goes.

But a general police/FBI/DHS? No. Not blanket permission for anything they please. No problems with DHS using them along the border. No problem with the police using them to observe an active crime scene (where perhaps an armed suspect might pose a danger to a live flight crew). Even micro-UAVs have their place in police work.

But what it's going to boil down to Constitutionally is that anything in "plain view" is fair game.
Government agencies are not going to view the UAV as being any different than the cops overflying your property in an MD500 or a Cessna... just as they have for 50+ years.
Maybe I should include this thread as part of my apendix.

Also, This is much of what my paper is about. Please watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20JCGDwBt7A
Old 07-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #32
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Took it! Easy for me, fuck passenger UAV planes...sorry I'm not depending my life on a damn computer...I want a pilot on board...I know plans nowadays already "fly themselves" but WHEN the computer malfunctions and what not, I want a HUMAN to take over..Humans actually have judgement. I don't understand why everything is getting such a boner for computers taking over everything
Old 07-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #33
Redeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jeff
Redeemed's Tacoma Gallery
Military/combat? Absolutely! Keep our servicemen and women out of harm's way as much as possible.

DHS, police? Nope. Let's not make it easier for Big Bro to spy on people.

Passenger planes? Why? I think not.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #34
Three Tacomas Deep
ScudRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Erik
ScudRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Done and done.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #35
Whiskey Neat is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mechanic - of sorts
Name: James
Whiskey Neat's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting survey.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #36
toyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Grunt
Name: Eric
toyohtadude's Tacoma Gallery
Done. Hope you achieve your goal... it was interesting and sparked some deep thought.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #37
ls1 prerunner is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
ls1 prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Done.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #38
80yotaguy has much to be proud of80yotaguy has much to be proud of80yotaguy has much to be proud of80yotaguy has much to be proud of80yotaguy has much to be proud of80yotaguy has much to be proud of80yotaguy has much to be proud of80yotaguy has much to be proud of80yotaguy has much to be proud of80yotaguy has much to be proud of
Name: Gage
80yotaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Done.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #39
Take a shower, shine your shoes...
BZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.Z.P.
BZP56's Tacoma Gallery
Done. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #40

2xtreme's Tacoma Gallery
I'm up to 166. Need 289. You guys have managed to get me at least 50-75 more than I had last week. Thanks for the help.