Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Weird? Should I be worried?

Old 07-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. DTOM
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Weird? Should I be worried?

I just went through orientation today. I am still shocked at how the leaders of orientation were explaining "problems" on campus.

Ex: They were talking to ALL freshmen (so in the 18-19yr old group where drinking age is 21). They were talking to us and saying things like "when you get 'shit-face drunk'" (actual words of leader), that you should be careful and basically just don't get caught.

Another example: they were talking about drugs on campus. Said things like "don't just pass-puff-puff-pass if you don't know where it's from. It could have stuff laced in"

It sounded like they were okay with all of it!

Does this sound like the normal college experience?
Should I GTFO as soon as possible? I think I'm the only straight-forward person there...I heard people talking about how they drop acid on a regular basis, do coke, weed like it's legal, molly, LSD, PCP, etc, etc.
The only person I thought was straightforward turns out to be an alcoholic. Before the age of 20...
I don't know what to do, TW!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds normal. Mine was the same way. Unless you're going to Harvard or something...
Old 07-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
WTF school you going to?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
SPSU (Southern Tech). I heard it was a good school. My opinions changed on that one today though...
Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #5

xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Sounds normal. Mine was the same way. Unless you're going to Harvard or something...
I wouldn't be too worried if there were actually girls here...but it's engineering school. Not a party school...
Old 07-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaqori View Post
I wouldn't be too worried if there were actually girls here...but it's engineering school. Not a party school...
Oh yeah that's strange then. Every school will have some drug activity but we don't have much for exotic drugs and we have a ton of kids.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #7

xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh yeah that's strange then. Every school will have some drug activity but we don't have much for exotic drugs and we have a ton of kids.
Not too many kids here and I guess the big drugs are in because the area is between the ghetto and a wealthy area.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Why the F didn't I go to college???????

lol
Old 07-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
SPSU (Southern Tech). I heard it was a good school. My opinions changed on that one today though...
Just go hang out with the good old boys at ABAC.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #11

xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
Why the F didn't I go to college???????

lol
Come join! there was some guy in what looked like his mid-40s registering!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Just go hang out with the good old boys at ABAC.
Where's that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken taco View Post
they are probably just not being stupid. They know that there will always be those kids that will drink and do drugs, so its better to say that. just like its better to promote safe sex rather than no sex because kids are still going to have sex, and when they do they should at least know how to be safe
Ha! That reminds me. They brought up sex like it was nothing new in the slightest. It sounded like it was perfectly fine with them as long as you aren't spreading diseases/viruses.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
We have free condom Wednesdays where they have bowls of condoms at the dining centers. The parents all see them during orientation if you go on Wednesday.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #13
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do the drugs.

Study hard.

Good luck with sex at an engineering college.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Quote:

Where's that?
It's in Tifton, GA

http://www.abac.edu/
Old 07-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #15

xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We have free condom Wednesdays where they have bowls of condoms at the dining centers. The parents all see them during orientation if you go on Wednesday.
That's just messed up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Don't do the drugs.
Never have, never will.
Study hard.
I'll try
Good luck with sex at an engineering college.
I believe in abstinence til marriage anyway so that shouldn't be too hard

Why you mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
It's in Tifton, GA

http://www.abac.edu/
I may have to go there and have some fun!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #16
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I wouldn't take it to heart.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #17
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Come join! there was some guy in what looked like his mid-40s registering!

Where's that?

Ha! That reminds me. They brought up sex like it was nothing new in the slightest. It sounded like it was perfectly fine with them as long as you aren't spreading diseases/viruses.
Ummm.......... I think thats kinda what college is all about, at least everywhere I've been or known.

Where did you go to high school? Shit like tht was common there and it was a good school. Nothing wrong with a bit of T&A and some booze inbetween
Old 07-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #18
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
It ain't studying with out at least a beer or 10
Old 07-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #19

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
or 30
Old 07-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #20
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Are you Baptist Zac? I know the churches down there are really big into the "youth group" type stuff. Find some similar people on campus and in the area?