Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Keeping it soft..

Old 07-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Keeping it soft..

So I am trying to find a way to avoid all "hard" paved roads is there any map programs that you are able to select options that avoid using any paved roads? I know there are tons of them In my area but I would like to be able to select to go to say, nacona. And get there entirely by dirt and gravel roads.. Any suggestions? I know they sell a garmin that can do this but I don't have the money to drop on one..
Old 07-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Not that it makes a difference or that it's any of my business but, is there a reason you want to avoid a paved service?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
because offroad?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCprerunner View Post
So I am trying to find a way to avoid all "hard" paved roads is there any map programs that you are able to select options that avoid using any paved roads? I know there are tons of them In my area but I would like to be able to select to go to say, nacona. And get there entirely by dirt and gravel roads.. Any suggestions? I know they sell a garmin that can do this but I don't have the money to drop on one..
Love my Garmin
Old 07-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Because I am in a business that we have to avoid public roads I need to stay out of public view and on roads that I can use my trucks off roading ability to out run in wanted followers its not like it la illegal just so e people seem to not like me doing it and try to chase me down.. I try to avoid the people though so I don't break anything I happen to have in the back while going faster trying to get away from said people..

Not really... This guy has the right idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
because offroad?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Love my Garmin
How much did you pay for yours all that I see are like 145+ used
Old 07-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCprerunner View Post
How much did you pay for yours all that I see are like 145+ used
Its a good 4yrs old..... Came with free maps and traffic. For life.

I think it was about 200

Garmin nuvi 1450lmt
Old 07-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Its a good 4yrs old..... Came with free maps and traffic. For life.

I think it was about 200

Garmin nuvi 1450lmt
I may look in to getting one in the long run just have other things I want more right now.. Anyone else know of a app or website/ program that could be used to do this? I have week days off and want some simple fun highspeed exploring while I am alone .. " plays worlds smallest violin "
Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
Moonshiner?
Shh it's a secret... Not really but I so would do it if I was alive back then would have been cool as shit lol