Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Canvas top

Old 07-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Canvas top

Okay we'll I am building my own bed rack going to be making mounts for highlight, shovel, spare tire and Jerry can mounts all mounted inside becAuse I also want to be able to have the option to run a canvas top on it also for camping, carrying my dog in the back, ect.. Anyways this leads to my question I am wanting a canvas or whatever the material the military uses on there trucks I do not know what it is called and also trying to find where I could get it? Anyone have any tips or past experience?

Still working on the rack but this is where I am at made temp. Brackets to get it home today and see how it looked its not perfect but only 30 bucks in the hole so far..

Any help would be great and thanks in advance !
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Check online or go to a fabric shop. Im sure its out there you just got to ask the right person. Ive considered getting a premade one like what your doing but it would be mostly for winter to keep the snow out of my bed. and be able to take the dogs places, Of course id find a way to heat the bed... Shit now you got me thinking haha
Old 07-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Check online or go to a fabric shop. Im sure its out there you just got to ask the right person. Ive considered getting a premade one like what your doing but it would be mostly for winter to keep the snow out of my bed. and be able to take the dogs places, Of course id find a way to heat the bed... Shit now you got me thinking haha
My main reason is for a quick tent when camping reason after that is for the dog she rides with me most of the time but when truck is full she has to go in the back and it scares me knowing she could jump even though I know she won't... I have been looking online but I guess I'm not wording it right because I'm not finding it.. I can find canvas but looking for the surplus canvas from one of the trucks j want the real shit
Old 07-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I dont think this is what you want but just in case,

http://www.sunbrella.com/en/marine/tops/
Old 07-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #6

Not really what I was looking for but will look in to it after work I am hoping to find some bulk surplus military type somewhere
Old 07-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #7

Yah i know what you want i just cant find that look ya know? You wanting camo or just the duece and a half topper kind of look?
Old 07-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #8

Like the Duce just od
Old 07-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #9

Olive Drap?
Old 07-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #10

Yeah the dark green they use
Old 07-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #11

okay now i gotcha
Old 07-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #12

http://www.mytarp.com/olive-drab-canvas-tarps.aspx

Close or nah?
Old 07-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #13

The ones I am trying to find are a heavy cloth what you just linked just looks like a heavy tarp? I am driving whole looking though so could be wrong lol