1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Appeal or Wait?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ToyComa92, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    So recently (july 17th) one of my RN coordinator/Social Worker went through the trouble to have my Driver License Cancelled. Reason being, When i went home from having a lung transplant one of the anti-rejection meds caused a bad reaction and i had seizures. They put me on 3,000MG of one seizure med and another 200MG of another. I havent had a seizure so far, Not even close to one.

So her excuse is i might have one.

She's just getting revenge because i told her off because she accused me of disrespecting my Donor Family for missing a clinic appointment because i was so sick in bed that i ended up going to the ER that day. Same hospital. She also Recommended that i go to Drug rehab and Anger management because of how i told her off and how i went to the ER so much she accused me of just going for pain medication... I WAS IN FUCKING PAIN!

Anyways should i appeal this and possibly wait for who knows how long for a hearing or should i want to see my other primary doctor that i had before the transplant and she will clear me... But then i have to pay a reinstatement fee and Take my drivers tests over.

Either way i have put in a formal complaint about this RN, im pretty upset about this whole thing they tell me to be active but...now i cant do shit... Im like a dog chained up in the yard. UGH i cant wait to tell her off when i see her thursday.

So appeal or wait?

2. Jul 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    So all your problems are because you told off and Nurse and now you can't wait to tell her off again.

Good luck. :confused:

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest comes to mind.

3. Jul 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Make up your own mind

That's what I would do

4. Jul 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Why should she act like that just because i spoke my mind to her?! I was respectful the first time i didnt cuss or any of that, and look what she does... So now i will get my Primary and i will tell this RN exactly how i feel about her. Shes caused me more stress and depression then anything else!

And also i didnt get the letter until Yesterday, I was there just last thursday and i saw her and talked to her and she didnt say SHIT about it. What a coward! good thing i didnt get pulled over...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  5. Jul 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    People with seizures are often times banned from driving. It's nothing personal, but they don't want you to injure/kill your or some innocent person. you have to go for so long without a seizure to get your license back

6. Jul 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Not in Colorado. There is no Seizure free waiting time. And also the ONLY reason i had seizures was because of the reaction i was having to the med which was switched that day and i no longer have seizures its been over a month. I wouldnt argue if i was just randomly having seizures but its not fair if it was caused by a pill THAT I NO LONGER TAKE.

7. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    I try to never piss off any doctor or nurse. I want those people on my side 100%.

8. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    t.hornstra

t.hornstra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    White with 4 wheels
    Little this. Little that 4x4 Swap’d PreRunner
    Nothing personal, but not sure why it's a big deal. You were prescribed medication after a procedure and a seizure. The RN did her job and suspended your license to keep you from driving. On such high doses of medication, you shouldn't be driving. It's the same thing when I've had my surgeries and I was prescribed pain killers, among other meds. Although I didn't have my license taken away, getting mad and frustrated at the RN for doing her job is a bit low.

She's only doing what is in your best interest and those on the road at any given time. She chose the "what if" scenario as to whether or not you could have a seizure while driving. Mentally, your body will never tell you when it will have a seizure.

It's not worth it to go off on a RN for her decision to keep you and others safe.

Your argument reminds me of drunk people who think they are fine to drive, then crash and kill themselves, or worse they kill others too.

9. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    Because you've got to give respect to get respect. Take your emotions out of the game for a second and look at it objectively like other people here have, she was looking out for everyone's best interests. You need to calm down man. So you have to pay a fee and retake the drivers test, inconvenience sure but it's nothing to get spun up about. Act like an adult and move past it. There's absolutely no reason to tell anyone off and/or burn any bridges.

10. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    x2 doesn't seem like that attitude is going to get you very far

11. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Thats a valid point... To bad im not on ANY pain killers and she reported me over a month AFTER the seizure... Kind of funny how all the sudden she decides to do that huh?

You all have valid points, But here mine. She put this in effect like four days ago... I had that seizure Two months ago. Im allowed to drive 8 weeks after surgery. Its been ten. So... She clearly did this so i COULDNT drive because she was pissed off... Thats not very professional is it? She could of at least told me she was doing it so i knew not to drive that week...

12. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    This is why they don't let you look at your chart. Imagine what's in there...

13. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Alot of shit talking haha my chart probably looks like a pissed off Ex's diary.

14. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Get the chip off your shoulder and relax. Nurses can't just do that kind of thing because they want to. They have to have a valid reason. You're not worth her losing her job. Go in and CALMLY talk to the nurse and the doc and find out why it was done.

15. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Sounds like she did the right thing... You seem angry, how are the anger management classes going?

16. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
    I would deal with whatever I had to and be thankful for a donor.

Or I would be opposite and not expect the gift of a donor so I can live my own way.

Either one is a lifestyle decision. If they don't want you to drink, don't have any alcohol. If they think you're abusing your drugs, follow that regimen to a T and not take more for any reason without them responding to your increased pain and advising you to do so.

Walk their line, IMO. Don't disrespect the gift of a transplant. It isn't always about you.

If you think it is, then I would bet they are more in line with the reality of things than you would be.

Not trying to sound rude in any way, John. But frequently your medical posts portray you as a victim of hospital injustice and I tend to think you are over blowing things.

17. Jul 28, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    :thumbsup:

I knew a girl who was on meds for seizures and had one (and/or blacked out) while she was driving. Luckily - nobody was hurt. She ripped her Jeep up pretty good and it haunts her to this day. Even if they clear you to drive, there's still possibilities of a dangerous situation happening.

If it ain't the seizures that'll cause an accident, its all the meds they could have a negative affect.

If the Docs tell you that you can't drive....LISTEN to them. They know....

18. Jul 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    I know lots of people without cars who still manage to "do shit". If they told you to be active then this might be a good way to get in some walking or biking.

19. Jul 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    First, stop pissing off the nurse. It will never help your case. I realize you have been through a lot, but you have to draw a line somewhere on how you react.
    Second, wait it out to prove that you do not get seizures anymore, and have your doctor clear you at that time.
    Third, get your license back, even if you have to retake the test - no big deal to take a drivers test.
    End result: Good relationships, nobody gets killed, life continues.

20. Jul 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD Wanderlust.

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    hack job
    So many things wrong with this thread. You got a second chance at life with a lung transplant and you are bitching at your doctors and about your license?!? Appreciate the fact that you are alive right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top