Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Appeal or Wait?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
ToyComa92 [OP] ToyComa92 is offline
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
ToyComa92's Avatar
Name: Jon
Joined: Sep 2011, #63168
Location: Conifer, Colorado
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,271
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Appeal or Wait?

So recently (july 17th) one of my RN coordinator/Social Worker went through the trouble to have my Driver License Cancelled. Reason being, When i went home from having a lung transplant one of the anti-rejection meds caused a bad reaction and i had seizures. They put me on 3,000MG of one seizure med and another 200MG of another. I havent had a seizure so far, Not even close to one.

So her excuse is i might have one.

She's just getting revenge because i told her off because she accused me of disrespecting my Donor Family for missing a clinic appointment because i was so sick in bed that i ended up going to the ER that day. Same hospital. She also Recommended that i go to Drug rehab and Anger management because of how i told her off and how i went to the ER so much she accused me of just going for pain medication... I WAS IN FUCKING PAIN!

Anyways should i appeal this and possibly wait for who knows how long for a hearing or should i want to see my other primary doctor that i had before the transplant and she will clear me... But then i have to pay a reinstatement fee and Take my drivers tests over.

Either way i have put in a formal complaint about this RN, im pretty upset about this whole thing they tell me to be active but...now i cant do shit... Im like a dog chained up in the yard. UGH i cant wait to tell her off when i see her thursday.

So appeal or wait?
 
Old 07-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
worthywads's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2011, #58841
Location: Peoples Republic of Boulder
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,162
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
So all your problems are because you told off and Nurse and now you can't wait to tell her off again.

Good luck.

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest comes to mind.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
ToyComa92 [OP] ToyComa92 is offline
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
ToyComa92's Avatar
Name: Jon
Joined: Sep 2011, #63168
Location: Conifer, Colorado
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,271
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
So all your problems are because you told off and Nurse and now you can't wait to tell her off again.

Good luck.

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest comes to mind.
Why should she act like that just because i spoke my mind to her?! I was respectful the first time i didnt cuss or any of that, and look what she does... So now i will get my Primary and i will tell this RN exactly how i feel about her. Shes caused me more stress and depression then anything else!

And also i didnt get the letter until Yesterday, I was there just last thursday and i saw her and talked to her and she didnt say SHIT about it. What a coward! good thing i didnt get pulled over...
 
Old 07-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
ImpulseRed008's Avatar
Air Force:
Name: Susan
Joined: Sep 2008, #9104
Location: SC
Gender: Girl
Posts: 37,736
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
People with seizures are often times banned from driving. It's nothing personal, but they don't want you to injure/kill your or some innocent person. you have to go for so long without a seizure to get your license back
 
Old 07-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
ToyComa92 [OP] ToyComa92 is offline
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
ToyComa92's Avatar
Name: Jon
Joined: Sep 2011, #63168
Location: Conifer, Colorado
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,271
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
People with seizures are often times banned from driving. It's nothing personal, but they don't want you to injure/kill your or some innocent person. you have to go for so long without a seizure to get your license back
Not in Colorado. There is no Seizure free waiting time. And also the ONLY reason i had seizures was because of the reaction i was having to the med which was switched that day and i no longer have seizures its been over a month. I wouldnt argue if i was just randomly having seizures but its not fair if it was caused by a pill THAT I NO LONGER TAKE.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Rupp1's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2011, #58019
Location: NC
Posts: 1,788
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I try to never piss off any doctor or nurse. I want those people on my side 100%.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
t.hornstra's Avatar
Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
Joined: Oct 2008, #9957
Location: Sacramento
Gender: Dude
Posts: 1,037
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing personal, but not sure why it's a big deal. You were prescribed medication after a procedure and a seizure. The RN did her job and suspended your license to keep you from driving. On such high doses of medication, you shouldn't be driving. It's the same thing when I've had my surgeries and I was prescribed pain killers, among other meds. Although I didn't have my license taken away, getting mad and frustrated at the RN for doing her job is a bit low.

She's only doing what is in your best interest and those on the road at any given time. She chose the "what if" scenario as to whether or not you could have a seizure while driving. Mentally, your body will never tell you when it will have a seizure.

It's not worth it to go off on a RN for her decision to keep you and others safe.

Your argument reminds me of drunk people who think they are fine to drive, then crash and kill themselves, or worse they kill others too.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #9
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Nirvana's Avatar
Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Joined: Jan 2010, #28653
Location: Bay Area, U.S.A
Gender: Male
Posts: 597
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Why should she act like that just because i spoke my mind to her?! I was respectful the first time i didnt cuss or any of that, and look what she does... So now i will get my Primary and i will tell this RN exactly how i feel about her. Shes caused me more stress and depression then anything else!

And also i didnt get the letter until Yesterday, I was there just last thursday and i saw her and talked to her and she didnt say SHIT about it. What a coward! good thing i didnt get pulled over...
Because you've got to give respect to get respect. Take your emotions out of the game for a second and look at it objectively like other people here have, she was looking out for everyone's best interests. You need to calm down man. So you have to pay a fee and retake the drivers test, inconvenience sure but it's nothing to get spun up about. Act like an adult and move past it. There's absolutely no reason to tell anyone off and/or burn any bridges.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
kirkofwimbo's Avatar
Name: Clayton
Joined: Jul 2010, #40338
Location: Wimberley, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,588
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
So all your problems are because you told off and Nurse and now you can't wait to tell her off again.

Good luck.

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest comes to mind.
x2 doesn't seem like that attitude is going to get you very far
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
ToyComa92 [OP] ToyComa92 is offline
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
ToyComa92's Avatar
Name: Jon
Joined: Sep 2011, #63168
Location: Conifer, Colorado
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,271
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
Nothing personal, but not sure why it's a big deal. You were prescribed medication after a procedure and a seizure. The RN did her job and suspended your license to keep you from driving. On such high doses of medication, you shouldn't be driving. It's the same thing when I've had my surgeries and I was prescribed pain killers, among other meds. Although I didn't have my license taken away, getting mad and frustrated at the RN for doing her job is a bit low.

She's only doing what is in your best interest and those on the road at any given time. She chose the "what if" scenario as to whether or not you could have a seizure while driving. Mentally, your body will never tell you when it will have a seizure.

It's not worth it to go off on a RN for her decision to keep you and others safe.

Your argument reminds me of drunk people who think they are fine to drive, then crash and kill themselves, or worse they kill others too.
Thats a valid point... To bad im not on ANY pain killers and she reported me over a month AFTER the seizure... Kind of funny how all the sudden she decides to do that huh?

You all have valid points, But here mine. She put this in effect like four days ago... I had that seizure Two months ago. Im allowed to drive 8 weeks after surgery. Its been ten. So... She clearly did this so i COULDNT drive because she was pissed off... Thats not very professional is it? She could of at least told me she was doing it so i knew not to drive that week...
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Rupp1's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2011, #58019
Location: NC
Posts: 1,788
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
This is why they don't let you look at your chart. Imagine what's in there...
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
ToyComa92 [OP] ToyComa92 is offline
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
ToyComa92's Avatar
Name: Jon
Joined: Sep 2011, #63168
Location: Conifer, Colorado
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,271
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
This is why they don't let you look at your chart. Imagine what's in there...
Alot of shit talking haha my chart probably looks like a pissed off Ex's diary.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
ImpulseRed008's Avatar
Air Force:
Name: Susan
Joined: Sep 2008, #9104
Location: SC
Gender: Girl
Posts: 37,736
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Get the chip off your shoulder and relax. Nurses can't just do that kind of thing because they want to. They have to have a valid reason. You're not worth her losing her job. Go in and CALMLY talk to the nurse and the doc and find out why it was done.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
jjew18's Avatar
Name: John
Joined: May 2009, #17315
Location: Alliance Airport
Age: 34
Gender: Guy
Posts: 6,147
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like she did the right thing... You seem angry, how are the anger management classes going?
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #16
Senior Member
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Joined: Jun 2013, #106377
Location: Windsor CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,474
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
I would deal with whatever I had to and be thankful for a donor.

Or I would be opposite and not expect the gift of a donor so I can live my own way.

Either one is a lifestyle decision. If they don't want you to drink, don't have any alcohol. If they think you're abusing your drugs, follow that regimen to a T and not take more for any reason without them responding to your increased pain and advising you to do so.

Walk their line, IMO. Don't disrespect the gift of a transplant. It isn't always about you.

If you think it is, then I would bet they are more in line with the reality of things than you would be.

Not trying to sound rude in any way, John. But frequently your medical posts portray you as a victim of hospital injustice and I tend to think you are over blowing things.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Janster's Avatar
Name: Jandy
Joined: Mar 2007, #1138
Location: Lancaster, PA
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,828
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
People with seizures are often times banned from driving. It's nothing personal, but they don't want you to injure/kill your or some innocent person. you have to go for so long without a seizure to get your license back


I knew a girl who was on meds for seizures and had one (and/or blacked out) while she was driving. Luckily - nobody was hurt. She ripped her Jeep up pretty good and it haunts her to this day. Even if they clear you to drive, there's still possibilities of a dangerous situation happening.

If it ain't the seizures that'll cause an accident, its all the meds they could have a negative affect.

If the Docs tell you that you can't drive....LISTEN to them. They know....
 
Old 07-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #18
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Ice Horse's Avatar
Name: Lauren
Joined: Sep 2012, #87761
Location: Colorado
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,221
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Either way i have put in a formal complaint about this RN, im pretty upset about this whole thing they tell me to be active but...now i cant do shit... Im like a dog chained up in the yard. UGH i cant wait to tell her off when i see her thursday.
I know lots of people without cars who still manage to "do shit". If they told you to be active then this might be a good way to get in some walking or biking.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #19
Senior Member
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Boerseun's Avatar
Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Joined: Jul 2011, #60538
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,232
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
First, stop pissing off the nurse. It will never help your case. I realize you have been through a lot, but you have to draw a line somewhere on how you react.
Second, wait it out to prove that you do not get seizures anymore, and have your doctor clear you at that time.
Third, get your license back, even if you have to retake the test - no big deal to take a drivers test.
End result: Good relationships, nobody gets killed, life continues.
 
Old 07-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
Joined: May 2011, #56088
Location: Colorado
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,348
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
So many things wrong with this thread. You got a second chance at life with a lung transplant and you are bitching at your doctors and about your license?!? Appreciate the fact that you are alive right now.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The one that got away! ...wait for it... DDD Boating & Fishing 10 07-14-2012 09:50 AM
wait for it............ neontrail Off-Topic Discussion 9 03-05-2012 10:27 PM
Get SPINDLES FTMFW! Don't Wait & Wait & Wait. RAD Suspension 38 07-13-2010 01:59 PM
U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Hear Appeal in Ileto v. Glock Packman73 Guns & Hunting 0 05-24-2010 04:05 PM
I can't wait :d:d:d:d:d MiikeyD 1st Gen. Tacomas 11 04-23-2009 09:37 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.