Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Favorite Bible verse

Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #61
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

New International Version (NIV)

11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, 12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #62
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
You can't have religion without politics, nor politics without religion.

Regardless, I'll just leave the Christians to their frolic.
You sure can have religion w/o politics...this thread is neither.

And it looks like you were trolling after all.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #63
bellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to behold

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
As a serving member, I really enjoy the following verses.

Ephesians 6:11-17
Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Matthew 5:8-9
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #64
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
you're exactly right, hence the obvious title........but like Chris mentioned, it's all good.

<<<hey, where did these dudes come from............

Anyway, back on topic, another one of my favs:

Phillipians 4:6-7
6.Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. NIV
that is one I read daily along with the 25th psalm
Old 10-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #65
flashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really nice
flashsplat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
These 2 favorites go together.

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)
Lol :-P

My current fav:

Pro 1:7 (kjv)
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

I feel like a lot of the decisions you make in life would be different if we truly feared God. I think a lot of the Bible can be summed up by this verse.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #66
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #67
Trent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Trent's Tacoma Gallery
Revelation 21:4

And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
Old 01-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #68
ToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt(hew)
ToyComa84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
What about the mother of all verses..

John 3:16 (KJV)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

LOL. I was just thinking that one. that is the first verse i was taught, and i don't know if it's my favorite, or if i even have a favorite.
" 'IT's all good' "
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #69
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

As For Me and my house; we will serve the lord. Joshua 24:15
Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #70
ToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt(hew)
ToyComa84's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't intend on stayig up this late, but i am glad i did. it's so good to see others reading their Bibles

Great thread by the way. one way of fellowship
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #71
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa84 View Post
I didn't intend on stayig up this late, but i am glad i did. it's so good to see others reading their Bibles

Great thread by the way. one way of fellowship
getting ready to go read soon...curently I'm in Romans...we are in the 1st week of a daily bible read and 21 day fast.

tomorrow morning is my favorite couple hours of the week. I love my church. It rocks!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #72
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I am fond of the writings of Jeremiah and John, especially lately.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #74
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Isaiah 25:7 -8