Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Always use CarFax

Old 08-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Always use CarFax

Buyer beware. This is an abandon airport in NY. These are just some of the cars flooded during Hurricane Sandy in salt water. I was watching a show last night on ABC and they found that Hurricane Sandy cars are being found on used car lots across the USA

Old 08-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
So without watching said program, these vehicles are drivable/fixable? Insurance paid out or FEMA ( our tax dollars) paid for these cars to be replaced, but the damaged vehicle is being resold with no disclosure?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
So without watching said program, these vehicles are drivable/fixable? Insurance paid out or FEMA ( our tax dollars) paid for these cars to be replaced, but the damaged vehicle is being resold with no disclosure?
They went out undercover with hidden camera's and bought damaged vehicles.
I was watching the news program on this and they come up as flood damage but some very shady car salesmen like to twist words and like to use the word "Fuse" allot.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I see a mud hole I'd like to take the taco through in there. Wouldn't mind playing on the runway either.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
so are all those cars drying?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wanna say I heard something about this where the cars actually still run.... problem is when they experience water damage to the degree of hurricane katrina or sandy there is TONS of underlying problems that go without notice. People buy them thinking their getting a deal but really your buying a vehicle that is likely to have MANY problems.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
They went out undercover with hidden camera's and bought damaged vehicles.
I was watching the news program on this and they come up as flood damage but some very shady car salesmen like to twist words and like to use the word "Fuse" allot.

I understand that, but if they were a storm and are all parked there, one can assume that the owners made claims and received replace funds? True?

I understand the flood damage and long term effects, my point is this seems like an excessive amount of either insurance funds and or FEMA funds
Old 08-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
so are all those cars drying?
............and also corroding from the inside out
Old 08-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I understand that, but if they were a storm and are all parked there, one can assume that the owners made claims and received replace funds? True?

I understand the flood damage and long term effects, my point is this seems like an excessive amount of either insurance funds and or FEMA funds
Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Old 08-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #11
jlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jlove1974's Tacoma Gallery
I'd never buy a car from the Northeast any way before this. Nothing changes.
And carfax sucks. Autocheck is more complete. I have seen carfax miss things that autocheck shows every time.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked a used car as a DD and I was really concerned about it being a victim of Sandy. It had a clean car fax but I still went over it real good.