Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

WORKING ON THE 3VZ-FE 3.0

Old 08-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
WORKING ON THE 3VZ-FE 3.0

I think that's what its called anyway. . . .the only other multi-cylinder motor I ever got into was my old 22re. this is on my neighbor's 95 Toyota pickup. NOT Tacoma!

anyways, we are replacing both head gaskets on this beast and was wondering if anyone had any pointers. this is an auto transmission also so I imagine I will be fabbing a few different "holders" for cams and crank at least

we almost got the plenum off tonight, trying to find a couple more things holding it together. we'll get there
Old 08-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man,

What helps me on disassembly projects is to put all of the removed parts and their supporting hardware in one box and make sure that when you're done, the box is empty. I especially like to use those magnetic metal dishes because the nuts and bolts stick and don't get lost.

Greg
Old 08-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks man!

Im being super careful since its not mine. I feel bad already as I have run him 150$ over what I guessed he would spend in parts. . . . and we don't even have head-bolts yet lol
Old 08-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you install the gaskets On the right sides, they look very similar but one side has a small hole that the other side doesn't
Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
That engine is prone to head gasket leaks. You have to have a real smooth surface on the heads and the block or else it will fail again. Also since you're in there, replace the knock sensor and connector.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
If i remember correctly, think i pulled both heads together as one unit to avoid fighting the rear exhaust crossover pipe. Intake manifold probably also.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
drinking whats on sale

right on thanks guys! keep it coming!