Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Well... My PS4 is on hold for the moment! Damn YOU Bon Jovi!!!!

Old 08-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Well... My PS4 is on hold for the moment! Damn YOU Bon Jovi!!!!

I had big plans on pre-ordering the PS4 Watchdog edition so I would have it on the release date.

My wife is a HUGE Bon Jovi fan. Lets just say she would push me down a flight of stairs to get to the man lol. I have seen them 4-5 times back in the 80's when "Slippery when Wet" was out etc. Back when they were HUGE! My wife has wanted to see them for the 13 years we have been married but they have never come close. Well..... they are coming here on Oct 18th so needless to say we are going to see them.

Here is where the story gets messed up. General tickets went on sale on Aug 5th. I have American Express so I get to order my tickets a week earlier then everyone else. Tickets ranged from $34 - $165 so I knew we were going to get the $165 tickets without a doubt. The morning that the tickets went on sale they sent me a "special promotion" where we get to show up 4 hours early, reserved parking by the tour buses, get all kind of signed memorabilia, eat with the band, front row tickets, and too much other shit to even begin to list.

Tickets opened up at 10:00 am sharp and I hit the Special Promotion and reserved 2 front row seats. Ticket price..... Fucking $1301 per ticket. Now don't get me wrong... I like Bon Jovi and it's cool that you will know every song they play but Jesus Christ!!! Add to that Richie Sambora may or may not be playing with them.... man...

So If you're in Little Rock on Oct 18 at the concert you will most likely see my wife on the front row "flashing" Jon Bon Jovi the entire concert.

If they play this version I'll be cool with it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VD3pBTK0oA
Old 08-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
I had big plans on pre-ordering the PS4 Watchdog edition so I would have it on the release date.

My wife is a HUGE Bon Jovi fan. Lets just say she would push me down a flight of stairs to get to the man lol. I have seen them 4-5 times back in the 80's when "Slippery when Wet" was out etc. Back when they were HUGE! My wife has wanted to see them for the 13 years we have been married but they have never come close. Well..... they are coming here on Oct 18th so needless to say we are going to see them.

Here is where the story gets messed up. General tickets went on sale on Aug 5th. I have American Express so I get to order my tickets a week earlier then everyone else. Tickets ranged from $34 - $165 so I knew we were going to get the $165 tickets without a doubt. The morning that the tickets went on sale they sent me a "special promotion" where we get to show up 4 hours early, reserved parking by the tour buses, get all kind of signed memorabilia, eat with the band, front row tickets, and too much other shit to even begin to list.

Tickets opened up at 10:00 am sharp and I hit the Special Promotion and reserved 2 front row seats. Ticket price..... Fucking $1301 per ticket. Now don't get me wrong... I like Bon Jovi and it's cool that you will know every song they play but Jesus Christ!!! Add to that Richie Sambora may or may not be playing with them.... man...

So If you're in Little Rock on Oct 18 at the concert you will most likely see my wife on the front row "flashing" Jon Bon Jovi the entire concert.

Holy fucking fuck, that is insane. But you are a good man for getting those tickets for her. Hopefully those brownie points last you for a while.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I pay less than 1/2 that for a start / finish grandstand 3 day pass for the Montreal F1 race

That's crazy stupid pricing
Old 08-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
I could pay for a lot of HJ's at the massage parlour for that price. CrazY!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ticket price..... Fucking $1301 per ticket.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
There's gonna be lots of sig material in this one!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
the whole while reading this reminds me of family guy:

"Diamonds, she'll pretty much have to"

except, "Bon Jovi" tickets
Old 08-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Wait, you paid $2,602 dollars to see Bon Jovi?

I'm not the type to judge a man, but dang, that's a lot of dough.

I'm sorry . . .
Old 08-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
There are a whole bunch of young men out there who are named 'Jon' because of him. I should think that you should be the cock of the walk for quite some time to come....but probably not
Old 08-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

For that pricing, I would just put a blindfold on your wife, get some really loud speakers and let her listen to Bon Jovi songs for a couple hours.

Matt
Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Dang! Could have gotten front and rear plate bumpers for that price
Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
To each is own, but I'd rather have a sharp stick shoved into my eye as to listen to that crap. Doubtful I'd sit through that concert if they paid me that amount.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #14
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I pay less than 1/2 that for a start / finish grandstand 3 day pass for the Montreal F1 race

That's crazy stupid pricing
Yeah... believe me.. I would rather see a F1 Race personally but we've been married for 13 years and she has put up with my shit. But..... If David Gilmour ever comes close I would pay the same amount to see him with all the "perks" so it's all relative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Wait, you paid $2,602 dollars to see Bon Jovi?

I'm not the type to judge a man, but dang, that's a lot of dough.

I'm sorry . . .
Lol... Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
There are a whole bunch of young men out there who are named 'Jon' because of him. I should think that you should be the cock of the walk for quite some time to come....but probably not
I've been the center of "attention" for the last week or so. Of course she's probably thinking about Jon but who gives a fuck lol.

It's only money in the end... You can't take the shit with you.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah... believe me.. I would rather see a F1 Race personally but we've been married for 13 years and she has put up with my shit. But..... If David Gilmour ever comes close I would pay the same amount to see him with all the "perks" so it's all relative.

Lol... Yeah...

I've been the center of "attention" for the last week or so. Of course she's probably thinking about Jon but who gives a fuck lol.

It's only money in the end... You can't take the shit with you.
Quite true
Old 08-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #17
bmka87 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
bmka87's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! I thought Eagles tickets were pretty expensive, but that takes it! Hopefully it's an awesome show. Have fun!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
At least she's not into the scumbags Lil Weenie Wayne, Gucci Maine, or T-Pain etc.. Consider yourself a lucky man.
Very true...

It's kind of funny in a way... I saw them a bunch back in the 80's and every time tickets were $15 for general admission. At least they are offering $34 tickets (granted in the nosebleed section) which I think is pretty cool. The cheapest Eagles tickets last time they came to town were over $200.

No one made me buy these tickets. I could have bought the cheap tickets and she would have been just fine with them. But she has wanted to see them since we have been together so I figured what the hell. She's a good woman and a good wife. If they were even more she would be worth it.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #19
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very true...

It's kind of funny in a way... I saw them a bunch back in the 80's and every time tickets were $15 for general admission. At least they are offering $34 tickets (granted in the nosebleed section) which I think is pretty cool. The cheapest Eagles tickets last time they came to town were over $200.

No one made me buy these tickets. I could have bought the cheap tickets and she would have been just fine with them. But she has wanted to see them since we have been together so I figured what the hell. She's a good woman and a good wife. If they were even more she would be worth it.
Nice to hear a man speak of his wife with such reverence.

Good on you brother.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Nice to hear a man speak of his wife with such reverence.

Good on you brother

True, believe me, be glad and thankful you have a good one, it's HARD to find one these days.. So many are into the, what it euh shawty "Lil geezy type", make's me want to.
Def treat her right man.