1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

any tattoo artists here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by anotherreject, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Aug 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    anotherreject

anotherreject [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does anybody here tattoo? Im trying to find out a average price for a wolf head profile, about the size of the sleeve of a short sleeve shirt, on shoulder and upper arm

2. Aug 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    Price is going to depend on who you go to. You can get it done for $25 or $250 just depends but you definitely get what you pay for. Go to a local shop and ask, if you already have the pic and all they have to do is trace you can probably get a pretty good estimate.

3. Aug 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    FALlover

FALlover Well-Known Member

Member:
    luziana
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma SR5, camo paint
    trail gear bumbers, warn 9000
    this.

it's going to vary by artist and geographic location. the prices charged in Huntsville, Alabama are probably not the same as those charged in New York City. i also can't imagine an artist throwing a quote over the internet without seeing a picture to know the detail...black outline, black and grey shading, color?

hit all your local shops and look at previous work of the artist and then worry about price

btw, there is no way in hell that i'd get a $25 tattoo

4. Aug 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    I would recommend search for an artist you like. Visit tattoo forums for recommendations of good artists that specialize in the type of ink you want (tranditional, realistic, b/w, color, etc). Once you find out WHO you want to mark your skin that will be on you for the rest of your life, talk to them about quotes.

As mentioned, you get what you pay for, and a tattoo is not something you should skimp on.

As a very rough estimate, for the size you want, and I assume you want decent detail, I would get ready to pay around 750.

5. Aug 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    Agreed! For good work, in that size it'll defenitely be $500 to $1K. At the back door of Jimmy's Chicken Shack....a few $100.

Products Discussed in

To Top