Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

If A Tree Falls In A Parking Lot, Does It Make A Sound?

Old 08-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
NorCarolina Member
TacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the rough

Name: A.J.
TacoTacoma96's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow If A Tree Falls In A Parking Lot, Does It Make A Sound?

Well Yesterday at work, all was normal parking cars. That was until a tree decided it was time to give up after hanging over the parking lot for 3+ years. All I heard was a popping sound, when I looked up I thought I saw the tree move a little bit. I kept staring thinking it was my mind playing tricks on me. When I saw it move again I hauled A$$ outta there. When it fell it hit 3 vehicles but only crushed one. No one was around it so everyone was okay. Still was a close call. Now time for the aftermath pics:

NOTE: The car door on the right is where I was standing when I heard it pop.

If the whole thing fell it would have taken out the powerlines:

A ford F-150 was the only casualty:

The Clean up:

The total destruction to the truck is revealed:

well. Be safe out there.
Also to answer the first question, yes...it does make a sound.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Tree obviously couldn't pass up the chance to take out 2 Fords at once
Old 08-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
You didn't bother breaking into your coworkers cars and moving them out before the tree fell???? (And risking your life??) What a bad coworker..

I didn't read through the entire post, but would your truck have been hit had you not moved? Scary to think about where I park now

I wonder if your typical insurance policy covers that..
Old 08-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
good thing there was a dash cover.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
we had this happen once when I was stationed in San Diego...crushed a new guys car...his wife didn't believe him until we sent her the pictures lol
Old 08-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree
That'll buff right out. We can work out a deal with my buddy who owns a body shop instead of going through insurance.
Damn Trees, always running these ploys. Of course when I hit a tree they don't want to do the backhand deals then.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #10
NorCarolina Member
TacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Tree obviously couldn't pass up the chance to take out 2 Fords at once
True that
Quote:
Originally Posted by 169.254.255.201 View Post
You didn't bother breaking into your coworkers cars and moving them out before the tree fell???? (And risking your life??) What a bad coworker..

I didn't read through the entire post, but would your truck have been hit had you not moved? Scary to think about where I park now

I wonder if your typical insurance policy covers that..
It wasn't my truck thankully. I work as a parking director, I pretty much tell people how to park in the parking lot for a show. Guy parked in a very unlucky spot. The unfourtante part is I talked to him afterward and he said had just payed his truck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
good thing there was a dash cover.

To bad it wasn't made of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMoose View Post
haha ford
Never was a fan. Guess the tree wasn't either.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #11
NorCarolina Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
we had this happen once when I was stationed in San Diego...crushed a new guys car...his wife didn't believe him until we sent her the pictures lol
Hate to see the wife's reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Haha that would be a really shitty day.
It was. No lunch break and didn't leave till after 11:30pm. very long day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailey Jo View Post
Damn Trees, always running these ploys. Of course when I hit a tree they don't want to do the backhand deals then.
Bet that was the tree's exact words. Trees are very heard to deal with sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
+1 for the tree that hit 2 birds with one stone
Thanks.