Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Dogs rolling in POOP!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Dogs rolling in POOP!!!!!!

Can someone explain why my dog feels the need to go out in the yard and roll in shit. I was under the impression that they didnt like there own fieces. Its not just poop though, if we go to the lake and there is a dead fish or leftover bait on the bank he will immediately stop and start rolling on it. Is there a reason for this behaivor.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkKQUEHS3co
Old 08-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
My dogs, to my knowledge, don't roll in their own poop, but anything stinky they find and it's shoulder first into the stink and roll around to get as much on them as they can
Old 08-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Nice video lawless. TACO TX ain't it great when they roll in crap. Hopefully you don't have river otters near you, that is the greasiest stinkiest shiz on the planet and very hard to wash off. I make my hunting buddies bury their stuff way deep or they get to wash my pooch.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
Taco Forum Noob
7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
7six2Fan's Tacoma Gallery
That video is pretty spot on as to the reason why. Another reason I have observed with my customers' dogs is that they may do it to cover their own scent.

A lot of labs, hounds, pointers, hunting breed dogs etc do it excessively, and I've always figured a form of scent camouflage plays into it as well.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Just like you said, shoulder first! There has to be some other animal, cat or something that uses my yard as litter box at night. Its not all the time, just a few times a week i guess. Guess i could have googled it but what better shiz to talk about.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
My bull terrier eats her own shit, I just don't let her kiss me anymore.

Doc said I don't feed her enough I think she's just dumb
Old 08-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7six2Fan View Post
That video is pretty spot on as to the reason why. Another reason I have observed with my customers' dogs is that they may do it to cover their own scent.

A lot of labs, hounds, pointers, hunting breed dogs etc do it excessively, and I've always figured a form of scent camouflage plays into it as well.
All bird dogs Ive had are rollers..They can hit a cow paddy at full run ,,Jump up and take off before you can yell.. GET OUT OF THE SHIT..
Old 08-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #10

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Well mine is a Jack Russell, and he loves to hunt squirrels in the back yard.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Our pointer LOVES TO ROLL on the ground to get scent off of him. He wont roll in shit but giant piles of leaves grass snow water, we thought he was just the retard of the bunch at first but he just wants to get the scent off, we get a lot of weird looks from neighbors when our dog jumps three feet in the air, nose dives straight into the solid ground, and decides to roll around in it like he was a crippled deer from belly up trying to escape danger
Old 08-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #12
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Dogs will be dogs, my dog growing up temporarily ate his shit when he was a foolish young pup. He grew out of that stage around 2 years, though. Still, he continued to eat both cow and horse shit right up until the day he died at age 17. Like I said, dogs will be dogs! Haha
Old 08-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #13
Taco Forum Noob
7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
7six2Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
My bull terrier eats her own shit, I just don't let her kiss me anymore.

Doc said I don't feed her enough I think she's just dumb
Many times, eating their own shit is a sign of an enzyme deficiency. It can become a neurotic thing after a while, but usually starts by a lack of something- often iron or phosphorous.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
pick da sheeet up. My dog doesn't roll in it....she's too much of a girl. But she can step in it accidently if I let it sit outside and pile up.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #15

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
pick da sheeet up. My dog doesn't roll in it....she's too much of a girl. But she can step in it accidently if I let it sit outside and pile up.
Its not his shit, i think its the local tom cat's. My dog eats Blue Buffalo brand food so there is hardly any poop in the yard. Its awsome stuff by the way.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #16
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I once had a dog who loved horse crap and even liked her own once in a while.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
My dog rolls in anything that smells good. Wet towels (from our showers), horse shit, and probably 10 things I can't smell with my nose. The other day she rolled on the floor on top of a piece of cardboard that was literally maybe 2 square inches.

Not a dog, so I dunno. But I'll be thankful that the horse shit was only once (so far?). Better to roll in horse shit than pig shit, I'd probably still smell her if it'd been the latter.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've always heard that a dog's behavior is a direct reflection of their owners

In all seriousness though, I've found that my dog wants to roll in things after a bath. I've switched to natural oatmeal shampoo and that's cured that. Other soaps have 'smell good' stuff that smells good to us but dogs hate it!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #19
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I've always heard that a dog's behavior is a direct reflection of their owners

In all seriousness though, I've found that my dog wants to roll in things after a bath. I've switched to natural oatmeal shampoo and that's cured that. Other soaps have 'smell good' stuff that smells good to us but dogs hate it!
Natural oatmeal shampoo is dope, son. All we use. Who wants a dog smothered in chemicals and smelling like a flower?

BTW, stopping by a post office later this morning on the way to a service call.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #20
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
My dogs, to my knowledge, don't roll in their own poop, but anything stinky they find and it's shoulder first into the stink and roll around to get as much on them as they can
my sheltie will put her shoulder into my boots at night when i get home from work and take them off. nothing else tho she will do this. first she sticker her nose down into the boot then try rolling on it but cant really do it. she will try once or twice then go about her business. i just laugh at her