Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

R.I.P. Speed Channel, Sad To See You Go

Old 09-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how Bob Varsha feels now after not moving over to NBC Sports for the F1 coverage with Machett and Hobbs
Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #22
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
That channel died when it became speed. Speedvision was awesome! When they lost F1 it was the last nail in the coffin.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #23
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Directv has a channel called "Velocity" now. I'm not sure how long it's been part of the lineup but Barret Jackson, and Mecum are on there now....it might have racing coverage too. Check it out.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I wonder how Bob Varsha feels now after not moving over to NBC Sports for the F1 coverage with Machett and Hobbs
I found that interesting too. It was like he said, well, I've been with the fox group for 10 years, I better stay! Then half way through the F1 season he jumped ship anyway.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #25
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i've wondered why haven't seen pass time in a while
Old 09-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #26
nevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nice

Air Force: F-16 Avionics Tech 01-07
Name: Andrew
nevenelestate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver02Taco View Post
Speed and now FS1's coverage of MotoGP is nothing short of total crap.

I'll stick to d/l'ing the races and watching them on my PC. Ralph Sheheen is a fucking douche, and Randy Mamola just doesn't belong on television. :2cents:
HAHA true story! I can't stand watching US commentators on Moto racing, GP or AMA. Anyone interested in a good d/l source for MotoGP races PM me, I watch all of the MotoGP races from BBC Sport, way better coverage!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydave View Post
I found that interesting too. It was like he said, well, I've been with the fox group for 10 years, I better stay! Then half way through the F1 season he jumped ship anyway.
Oh really , he moved to NBC ?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #28
A-TRAC Equipped
Quote:
Oh really , he moved to NBC ?
He announced for spa on NBC.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #29

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydave View Post
He announced for spa on NBC.
Oh interesting

I get the BBC feed in Canada and have only seen a couple Speed rebroadcasts of races here , they sucked compared to the BBC feed and no picture in picture during the commercial breaks either

I did however watch F1 Debrief religiously and really miss that show
Old 09-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #30
A-TRAC Equipped
Quote:
Oh interesting

I get the BBC feed in Canada and have only seen a couple Speed rebroadcasts of races here , they sucked compared to the BBC feed and no picture in picture during the commercial breaks either

I did however watch F1 Debrief religiously and really miss that show
OK, I did a little research (google fu), he apparently is filling in for Diffey when he is attending Indy races.

Another topic, did Ralph Sheheen marry the bosses daughter over at Fox or something? I can't understand how they keep that guy on the air. I used to be a die hard WRC fan before speed dropped it, and I couldn't stand to watch it with Ralph. Supercross is just as bad.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #31
matadorCE is on a distinguished road
matadorCE's Tacoma Gallery
I think Varsha was still under contract with Speed to do other stuff like Barrett-Jackson and stuff so that's why he didn't move over to NBC. He has sat in for Diffey at least twice now so I'm sure it will be a matter of time before the moves over as well. Agreed that Sheheen is painful to listen to.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #32
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevenelestate View Post
... I watch all of the MotoGP races from BBC Sport, way better coverage!
Yep, same here. Either BBC Sport or British Eurosport. Sometimes Julian Ryder is hilarious to listen to.

I met Matt Roberts and the blonde (can't remember her name) that used to do the pre-race interviews at Laguna Seca in 2011.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #33
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
Directv has a channel called "Velocity" now. I'm not sure how long it's been part of the lineup but Barret Jackson, and Mecum are on there now....it might have racing coverage too. Check it out.
Velocity is the rebranded Universal HD channel on my cable. Part of the Discovery family. Not completely awful, but it's not really a motorsports channel, either.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #34
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I haven't seen one yet that didn't annoy the hell out of me,

What about dumb and dummer on TRUK U?
Their EXCESSIVE hand jestures are so annoying, they go out of their way to flail their hands around. I had to quit watching the show.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #35
Blank
TucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TucsonMike's Tacoma Gallery
Barrett Jackson auction will live on. On 3 of the fox networks
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/13/2...ge-across-fox/
Old 09-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #37
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Good news! Velocity is picking up some EuroSport broadcasts at the end of the month.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #38
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
I think coverage of MotoGP has been better since it's gone to Fox Sports 1. IMO.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #39
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
I watch Velocity on Xfinity, I like it but it doesnt have much racing coverage just car shows and auctions
Old 09-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #40
g34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Avionics
g34rh34d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKTRD View Post
Ok so my usual Sunday routine is to watch The Speed Report on the Speed Channel to catch up on the racing I missed. Well, Speed Channel is gone and replaced by Fox Sports 1. From what I know all of the great programs on Speed are gone. What the hell! No more Barrett Jackson or MOTOGP coverage. This sucks!
{Rant ON}

This Irritates the SH!T outta me.. I mean we still have Velocity, but Like you, I had a Saturday routine, of watching shows like Gears in the morning on Speed, then switching over to Spike for the Power Block... Although it seemed Gears was a bit "dated"... (Stacey! The 80s called and they need their mullet back!! lol), it was still good to watch projects. Now I have a gaping hole in my Saturday routine..

And while we are on this subject, I'm really getting sick of all the d@mn channel movement on Comcast these days too! I really don't need anymore friggen Spanish channels added. I'm not real fond of paying for things I don't need or watch..

{Rant OFF}