Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

R.I.P. Speed Channel, Sad To See You Go

Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
R.I.P. Speed Channel, Sad To See You Go

Ok so my usual Sunday routine is to watch The Speed Report on the Speed Channel to catch up on the racing I missed. Well, Speed Channel is gone and replaced by Fox Sports 1. From what I know all of the great programs on Speed are gone. What the hell! No more Barrett Jackson or MOTOGP coverage. This sucks!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
k.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kirk
k.strong's Tacoma Gallery
Im confused...I was watching speed this morning
Old 08-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #4
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
I know this sucks
Old 08-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKTRD View Post
Ok so my usual Sunday routine is to watch The Speed Report on the Speed Channel to catch up on the racing I missed. Well, Speed Channel is gone and replaced by Fox Sports 1. From what I know all of the great programs on Speed are gone. What the hell! No more Barrett Jackson or MOTOGP coverage. This sucks!
IMO, that was an extremely short list. When they changed up their format awhile back, they were pretty much dead to me. WRC and F1 were cut, along with anything else I found interesting. In their place, lots of crap I couldn't care less about.

I don't care for auction shows, but B-J is on Velocity (used to be Universal HD) if you get that.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
It was over when the lost the F1 coverage
Old 08-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Fox had a 1/3 buy in of Speedvison in 2001 and negotiated for rights held by Cox and Comcast at the time which gave them majority control of the programming and the channel. This should come as no surprise. Speed has been going downhill since 2001.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The main reason I watched speed was for The Speed Report, MOTOGP, Barrett Jackson (Just so I can fantasy bid.) and Gearz. If there was nothing on I would usually hit up Speed Channel. I do miss the live F1 coverage, but because most of the races were aired at 2 AM I would just watch the hightlights on The Speed Report.

FYI, You can email Mike Joy at Fox and tell him how you feel.
http://msn.foxsports.com/talent/Mike_Joy
Old 08-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #9
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It was over when the lost the F1 coverage
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Fox had a 1/3 buy in of Speedvison in 2001 and negotiated for rights held by Cox and Comcast at the time which gave them majority control of the programming and the channel. This should come as no surprise. Speed has been going downhill since 2001.
Yup. I can't wait for moar UFC, MonsterJam, NASCAR, and all the weighty commentary on NFL referee attire. Speedvision and TechTV both have fallen far from where they started, but they must not have been profitable enough in their original forms.

Oh, and fuck Stacey David, GearZ, and all the rest of those shows. I haven't seen one yet that didn't annoy the hell out of me, especially all of the overt BS when they hawked advertisers' products. Stacey's incessant cackling was especially annoying. I can't believe someone didn't tell him to knock that shit off.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #10
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
People are too busy watching Honey Booboo.

Speed channel is the beginning of the end of civilization.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKTRD View Post
The main reason I watched speed was for The Speed Report, MOTOGP, Barrett Jackson (Just so I can fantasy bid.) and Gearz. If there was nothing on I would usually hit up Speed Channel. I do miss the live F1 coverage, but because most of the races were aired at 2 AM I would just watch the hightlights on The Speed Report.

FYI, You can email Mike Joy at Fox and tell him how you feel.
http://msn.foxsports.com/talent/Mike_Joy
Email sent!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
This is the only good that can come of Fox Sports 1:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-...201114186.html
Old 08-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #13
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
This is the only good that can come of Fox Sports 1:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-...201114186.html
No, burn in hell they will...
Old 09-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That's too bad. Someone mentioned TechTv. Screensavers was the show I watched. G4 tv sucks balls.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #16
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
so is there any Channel left that has good Motorsport coverage?

I was also very pissed when fuel tv basically gave up every action sports show and showed only UFC fighting. FUEL was my favorite channel, now its crap

Edit:

just read fuel is getting re branded as fox sports 2, and will now ONLY show boxing and ufc shit.

well fuck my life
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #17
Backdoor Commentator

None that I know of for the U.S. market. For more specialized content like this, I think we'll be stuck doing DVR searches for events until the big shift to commercial internet video takes over.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Guess ABC will air my motox and super cross now. Or at least i hope.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #19
matadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
matadorCE's Tacoma Gallery
Like someone said, Speed has been dying a slow and agonizing death since getting bought by Fox over a decade ago. I got tired of all the auction stuff, NASCAR, and stupid "reality" show or fixer-upper shows. Sort of like MTV, Speed showed almost nothing of what it was supposed to show--which was a wide variety of motorsports. I'm glad F1 moved over to NBC since they're actually doing a good job with it so far, and I hope MotoGP moves there as well.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #20
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
Speed and now FS1's coverage of MotoGP is nothing short of total crap.

I'll stick to d/l'ing the races and watching them on my PC. Ralph Sheheen is a fucking douche, and Randy Mamola just doesn't belong on television. :2cents: