Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Road Rage Experiences I Had Today

Old 08-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #21
Shetto24 is on a distinguished road

Shetto24's Tacoma Gallery
Not today, but last week. My buddy and I were driving on I5 and was cruising in the far left lane and approached a section where a freeway on-ramp merges into the left lane Im on. I adjust speed to let the car merge in, only to see that this clown wanted to get across the 4 other lanes to the right. Oh great I thought! She promptly brakes to cut other cars off, meanwhile the car in back of me, a Camry, honks at me (not a honk but a hooooonk) and passes me on the left shoulder. As he passes I honk at him like, hooooooooooooonk, and the car in front finally moves to the right lanes. I thought end of story, a honk for a honk. We're continuing down at cruising speed and catch up to the Camry and this mofo gives me the bird. My buddy and I were like WTF! So we take the exit he does and pull up on his drivers side, my passenger side, and roll down the window to have a friendly conversation and it's this old man smiling at us and his passenger, prolly his wife, was just covering her face in disbelief. My buddy asked him politely if he really wanted to get "KTFO in front of his lovely wife" and if so we can pull over into the parking lot. He declined and we went on our way. I felt bad afterwards because I could've escalated the situation by raging after him. Just something about being flipped off when you're in the right that set me off. End of story, have a good day.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #22
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watari06V6 View Post
i always drive defensively and keep my distance. you never know a rager might be packin' heat. careful out there- some drivers are lunatics lol

Thats why you always try and carry the bigger gun..
Old 08-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #23
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
That has alot to do with it... Impatient people! I hate the people on the road that are in a hurry and dont care about anyone else on the road. They just cut everyone off and try to get where theyre going as fast as possible. F***in chill out people!!
I love it when those people try so hard to get in front of you and in there frustration and impatience they get stuck behind someone, then you eventually end up passing them. And they have that what the F**** look on there face.. haha.. soo great!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #24
Goon
MagicBeef will become famous soon enoughMagicBeef will become famous soon enough
Name: Marc
MagicBeef's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watari06V6 View Post
i always drive defensively and keep my distance. you never know a rager might be packin' heat. careful out there- some drivers are lunatics lol
For serious. Talked to my mom yesterday and she said she witnessed a guy get out of his beater truck at a stop light, pull a bat from behind the seat and proceed to bash in the rear quarter panel and brake light of the kid in front of him who was driving a later model car. It was a rougher neighbrhood AND THE GUY HAD BEEN DRINKING. Brown-bagging it in plain sight. Apparently the kid stopped at a yield sign for oncoming traffic and the truck rear ended him, expecting him to roll through. Didn't do shit to the guy's truck except put him in rage mode. Luckily police were called, and there were plenty of witnesses, so the kid was protected. I tell ya, some people man...

Watch your backs guys, drive defensively.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #25
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
tacom08 [OP]
<3

I'm so out of the loop I didn't think 15 year olds could drive.

I can't remember the last time I had road rage. I drive the speed limit, in the right line looking forward, leaving plenty of room in front of me...always. Last week on a 1,200 plus mile drive on the last 600 miles I got right at 22 mpg.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #26
tacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
tacom08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
the other one is poor defensive driving.
The guy was pulling out of the shopping centre and came close to crashing into me.

Quote:
i'd say you need a whole lot of calming down before you resume driving. I don't want some pissed off inexperienced driver around me on the road.
I'm usually calm and generous, it's just that dumb and inconsiderate drivers wear out my patience really fast.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #27
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Driving in Boston will give you the same, if not worse experience.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #28
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Every time I get into a car, I assume someone is going to be stupid near me. That way, it isn't a surprise and I just brush it off.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #29
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Yep welcome to Jersey. Cherry Hill is terrible for shit like that. :banghead:
Old 09-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #30
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
try living in Orlando where no one knows where the fuck they are going, dont use turn signals, and decide at the last second they want to be in the far right lane when they are in the fast lane and fuck you and everyone else around you they are getting over. People drive like shit down here. I used to try to avoid the toll roads but now, I pay a little extra just to get to wherever I need to be in as little time as possible before my head explodes.

edit: and all of the old people that live here.... they are horrible too. either driving 10-15 mph under the speed limit or just flat out cant see what is in front of them.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #31
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post

I'm so out of the loop I didn't think 15 year olds could drive.
In South Carolina, if you have held your beginner's permit for 180 days then you can get your conditional license...which means you can get it at 15.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacom08 View Post
The guy was pulling out of the shopping centre and came close to crashing into me.

I'm usually calm and generous, it's just that dumb and inconsiderate drivers wear out my patience really fast.
I'll repeat myself

Poor defensive driving/decision making/attitude. Learn to be more patient and calm yourself down. Expect others to make mistakes and anticipate them. Continue to your destination safely. Road rage never solves anyones driving behavior and so very often leads to far worse situations. If you had paid attention in your drivers ed class (which you're required to have to get your conditional before the age of 16) then they shouldve gone over how to deal with road rage.

This is coming from someone who is not only a law enforcement officer in South Carolina, but I've also been teaching teenagers how to drive for the past 5 years and am certified by the DMV to do so.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #32
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacom08 View Post
So what the h**l is wrong with some people?

Rant OFF
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...ml#post7339157
Old 09-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #33
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
Don't even get me started on cab drivers
Cab drivers are the worst.

Of the 8 or 10 times that I've honestly been in fear for my life on my motorcycle, cab drivers were responsible for 80% of those situations.

I've left many a boot-print in cab front doors and fenders.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #34
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
try living in Orlando where no one knows where the fuck they are going, dont use turn signals, and decide at the last second they want to be in the far right lane when they are in the fast lane and fuck you and everyone else around you they are getting over. People drive like shit down here. I used to try to avoid the toll roads but now, I pay a little extra just to get to wherever I need to be in as little time as possible before my head explodes.

edit: and all of the old people that live here.... they are horrible too. either driving 10-15 mph under the speed limit or just flat out cant see what is in front of them.
And I guess when you guys that can actually drive don't want to see them anymore, you send them all up to us. Thanks, but would you consider taking them back... Please?
Old 09-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #35
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
I live in a town of 920 with no 4-lane. Don't see any road road here on the backroads.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #36
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In South Carolina, if you have held your beginner's permit for 180 days then you can get your conditional license...which means you can get it at 15.5

I'll repeat myself

Poor defensive driving/decision making/attitude. Learn to be more patient and calm yourself down. Expect others to make mistakes and anticipate them. Continue to your destination safely. Road rage never solves anyones driving behavior and so very often leads to far worse situations. If you had paid attention in your drivers ed class (which you're required to have to get your conditional before the age of 16) then they shouldve gone over how to deal with road rage.

This is coming from someone who is not only a law enforcement officer in South Carolina, but I've also been teaching teenagers how to drive for the past 5 years and am certified by the DMV to do so.
Stop acting like more than a meter maid.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #37
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
What's road road?
Old 09-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #38
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
What's road road?
Spelling mistake, should read road rage
Old 09-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #39
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Stop acting like more than a meter maid.

Sometimes I think being a meter maid would be a nice break
Old 09-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #40
00yotasr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: lee
00yotasr5's Tacoma Gallery
plain and simple I need to get to point A and back home safely got too much other stuff to worry about. whomever that a-hole is he'll get the same treatment from someone else. I aint got time for road rage. the other day some dude was driving like 65 on far left lane (99 south bound modesto) he didn't merge over so I pass him up about 3-4 car length, I merge in he then flies pass me and honk and throw the flying bird I just smile and continue driving. In my mind im like mother f'er you wanna eat the median or something. road rage can turn bad especially on the highway there are too many drivers that we can and will endanger.