Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Geo-cachers

Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #41
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrun View Post
My son and I started Caching in 2002. My favorite thing about it has been finding really great places close to home, that I had no idea existed. The politics of posting finds, got kinda old years ago, so I rarely post any more. But I've met some good friends, and lost a little weight hiking around the woods doing it. And it's allot of fun if you have young kids. twotubswalking.
I have been geocaching, found all the ones around town. I gotta remember to get some coordinates when i go abroad.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #42
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
I have found about 10 or so, its pretty fun.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #43
Son of Baconator
unentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FCC(SW)
Name: Jacob
unentered's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to unentered Send a message via Skype™ to unentered
I've been doing it for a little while now, although I haven't been recently. It was fun for me to do when we'd pull in to different ports. I have finds in different parts of Japan and Australia. I've also helped my Mom hide some caches. It's really fun to see what people post up about the caches you've hidden. I use a Garmin Vista HCx, works good, and the batteries seem to last forever.

I agree with what others are saying, as it does lead you to some really interesting places you never knew existed, even if you've lived right by them. I placed one near an airport, (with the president of the airport's permission of course) and people keep posting up their find saying, "I've lived here for 20-30 years and never knew there was an airport here."

I like to describe it as hiking with a purpose, and even the urban micro sized caches are fun and challenging.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #44
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
We are also Geocachers! Been doing it for about 1 year now and love it! we have more than 24 finds and we are about to go out and set our first cache, thanks to my Christmas gift exchange secret santa He sent me some really cool geocaching stuff!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #46
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
WOW I definitely need to get a GPS now, this crap looks like fun.

Like others have said "just another excuse to get the phuck out of dodge!"
Old 02-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #47
watch the meat
cleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
cleanTRDmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cleanTRDmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by unentered View Post
I like to describe it as hiking with a purpose, and even the urban micro sized caches are fun and challenging.
The small nano magnetic containers are the devil...but I also tell people its hiking with a purpose.
Im sitting here at work and a series of caches and a single cache just poppedup as first to finds...crap
Old 02-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #48
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Last spring went to San Angelo State Park to do the mt bike trails and at a rest stop intersection where horse trails and bike trails crossed, we stopped to take a break and ended up spying something in a tree. It was a geocache for the equestrian events going on on the far side of the park that weekend. It had clues to get to another spot that would lead to a third spot where equestrian goodies would be. There was a notepad and pencil in the container so we left a note about some crazy hippie mt bikers finding this but were nice enought to leave it all here and BTW, we're on the way to the goodies at the end of the trail. Of course we didn't need their horse goodies and just put the stuff back in the same spot and rode off. Hope they were entertained by our little story.

A coupla guys we did a Matagorda meet with that had 4x4s did some geochaching while we were down there but I didn't follow them into the muck to get stuck with prerunner and balding NTGs. Cool stuff tho, diggin the concept of electronically buried treasure.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #49
watch the meat
cleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
cleanTRDmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cleanTRDmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanTRDmachine View Post
The small nano magnetic containers are the devil...but I also tell people its hiking with a purpose.
Im sitting here at work and a series of caches and a single cache just poppedup as first to finds...crap
I went to find the single first to find...I was 3rd to find... oh well
Old 03-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #50
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11 Bang Bang Infantry
Name: Zach
navysealboy93's Tacoma Gallery
My Civil Air Patrol SAR group do this for navigation training for the new guys and just something different every once and a while. Its always a good time.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #52
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
I got into it last year briefly...Would be funner now that I have the Tacoma to go exploring!

Username: SlimDigg
25 Caches Found

I used this app on my android phone:

c:geo (free on android marketplace)

Old 03-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #53
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
im going to start doing this.. i love the adventure!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #54
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband & I looked for our first geocache probably 10-12 years ago. Back then, there wasn't many cache's around and I think our GPS was horrible (we still have it!!!). We lost interest.

So fast forward to today....my husband and I went out and geocached and had a blast!! Tons of caches here locally. We spent about 5 hours and 17 caches found and a few we couldn't find. Equipped with our iphones & the Geocache App on both phones (worth the fun we had).

Back then, the packages were huge. Today? Holy Crap!!! My husband found a magnetic pill container. The thing was big enough to put ONE round pill in it (1/4"?). It had a piece of paper rolled up in there so tightly.... We left it in there. We'd never be able to roll it back up and get it back in there.

And found out...non-geocachers are called Muggles.

I have a travel bug from 10+ years ago I'll have to activate it. We'll definately hide some locally near our house!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #55
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I have yet to go geocaching. My dumbass is having a difficult time downloading all the topo maps, and coordinates into the Garmin gps I ordered. $200 just sitting there, I haven't even used it once.

I still need to get familiar with the GPS itself, and the geocaching feature it has too.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #56
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
My friends and I go every once in awhile when we're bored late at night. Let me tell ya, it's way more fun in the dark when it feels like you're doing something illegal lmao
Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #57
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
talk about thread revival..but hey guy..thats cool too
Old 04-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #58
Señor Member
AC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AC13JohnG's Tacoma Gallery
I must live under a rock, never heard of it but I looks BA.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC13JohnG View Post
I must live under a rock, never heard of it but I looks BA.

Given the right coordinates, I'm sure we can go find you...
Old 04-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #60
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
found one the other day hidden in a mail slot in a door on the corner of a city street took a half hour to find but it was awesome finding it.