Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Geo-cachers

Old 12-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #161
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! I guess I was one of the first... started in 2001 using a Garmin eTrex and then eTrex Legend... only hid a few (a couple are still active) and found a few more... Very fun, but when my kids outgrew hanging with dad, then the sport kind of died with me.

It is a great techno hide and seek game, none-the-less http://geocaching.com U.S., Mexico, and the world! I was the first to find the first geocache hidden in (Baja) Mexico, too (July, 2001)...
Old 12-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #162
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post

Definitely creative!! I love seeing the creative ones.... That would scare some of the little kiddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Cool! I guess I was one of the first... started in 2001 using a Garmin eTrex and then eTrex Legend... only hid a few (a couple are still active) and found a few more... Very fun, but when my kids outgrew hanging with dad, then the sport kind of died with me.

It is a great techno hide and seek game, none-the-less http://geocaching.com U.S., Mexico, and the world! I was the first to find the first geocache hidden in (Baja) Mexico, too (July, 2001)...
The wife isn't interested? Perhaps you could get her interested in it again after all these years. It's a lot different now. My husband and I found a couple of them back in 2002 (or something like that). The closest ones were 30 miles away....so the hobby never got off the ground for us back then.

But now....they're everywhere. You eventually find some good creative ones. This hobby got us out on our bicycles again...we bought kayaks... Our area has a pretty good group of geocachers. A lot of them are retired couples who go off on trips and geocache everywhere (I'm jealous!).
Old 12-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #163
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
recently found this one, ive found some interesting ones but this was the most dedicated one so far

This one looks cool. Can I get the GC code from you for this one?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #164
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
This one looks cool. Can I get the GC code from you for this one?

GC3V5PP
Old 03-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #165
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

one of my homemade caches.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #166

Another one I made.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #167
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Definitely creative!! I love seeing the creative ones.... That would scare some of the little kiddies.

The wife isn't interested? Perhaps you could get her interested in it again after all these years. It's a lot different now. My husband and I found a couple of them back in 2002 (or something like that). The closest ones were 30 miles away....so the hobby never got off the ground for us back then.

But now....they're everywhere. You eventually find some good creative ones. This hobby got us out on our bicycles again...we bought kayaks... Our area has a pretty good group of geocachers. A lot of them are retired couples who go off on trips and geocache everywhere (I'm jealous!).
I was a single dad back then.

After the kids were grown, I remarried, and did take the new mrs. out to show her how it worked... it didn't blow up her skirt like it did mine, lol.

Maybe with these newer, fancy caches I see above? We have street cruiser bikes, and want to exercise... maybe???
Old 06-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #168

bumpin'
Old 06-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #169
Ninjayota will become famous soon enoughNinjayota will become famous soon enough
Ninjayota's Tacoma Gallery
I found my first one at what used to be Salem Tx which isn't far from home. I haven't signed up on the website but use my phone to find them.