Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Geo-cachers

Old 03-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Geo-cachers

anyone here a geocacher?
Old 03-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Talked about doing it...........Are you?
Old 03-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I tried it once.

Pretty difficult in my area.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #5
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
I do and I've found some pretty cool places because of it. Just this past Sat. one led me to a small lake in the State Game Lands near here that I didn't know about and I thought I knew that area pretty good.

This is the one that I'm talking about: LINK
Old 03-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #6
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Ive done it a few times
Old 03-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Talked about doing it...........Are you?
actually, no, not yet anyways. i was playing frisbee golf saturday, and ran into several geo cachers. i knew what they were doing so i asked if they found anything. it really is a neat concept though. going out and finding small treasures.......it looks fun though
Old 03-09-2009, 05:54 AM   #9
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
We love it...First one I ever found had a 50$ lowes gift card in it....and I was hooked...Havent found anything remotly interesting since then and i have about 100 under my belt...

Like one guy ^^^^^ said, It takes you to interesting places, I found one like 20 miles from my house that in the entrance to a huge cave...I never knew it was there...We walked back inside that thing like a mile and a half...Spent 4 hours in there...There was a stream running through it with 2 waterfalls...It was pretty cool...Got me into caving...If you havent tried it, its awesome...You see some weird shit underground...
Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #10
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
We love it...First one I ever found had a 50$ lowes gift card in it....and I was hooked...Havent found anything remotly interesting since then and i have about 100 under my belt...

Like one guy ^^^^^ said, It takes you to interesting places, I found one like 20 miles from my house that in the entrance to a huge cave...I never knew it was there...We walked back inside that thing like a mile and a half...Spent 4 hours in there...There was a stream running through it with 2 waterfalls...It was pretty cool...Got me into caving...If you havent tried it, its awesome...You see some weird shit underground...
$50 gift card? Man that's like hitting the lottery in GEOing. The most I ever got out of one was a "Where's George" Dollar Bill.

BTW, do you have the link or the Geocache Code for the cave cache?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #11
obsurfer1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
obsurfer1990's Tacoma Gallery
im a geo cacherr!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #12
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the cache code......GCVGGH

And here is a pic of the entrance...If you go, YOU WILL GET MUDDY...Bring extra clothes and 2 flashlights each...

The first 100 feet or so are a crawl...then it opens up pretty good and you can actually walk the rest of the way back...Like I said, it goes back quite a ways...
Old 03-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I'm a cacher (4+ years)and I love it. It was one of the reasons I bought a 4x4 Tacoma, to get to some of the out of the way places. I go out as many times a week as possible. Ihave cached in Florida,Georgia and North Carolina, my dad is looking for his own GPS right now. I actually went out this morning and did almost 5 miles round trip hike, came across a big wild boar and in the end found the cache took a nice water proof fishing map of Brevard county Fl, and dropped in a buck. Good exercise, good excuse to get the truck dirty and fun.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
Here is the cache code......GCVGGH
Wow, it ain't no wonder you have a hundred caches. The number of caches in Spruce Knob is amazing.

A couple years ago I drove HWY 33 from Richmond, VA and came through there. Seneca Rocks were very cool.

I might take a four day camping trip down there and hit some of those caches. What are the top five or so that you would recomend?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:45 AM   #15
Born in the Backwoods

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Definately do the cave one...and all the Canaan Valley Caches are real good...And the Blackwater Falls Caches...

Real nice scenery there...

If your real adventurous...All the Dolly Sods ones are very scenic...
Old 03-10-2009, 06:14 AM   #16

Thanks for the info. They are now on my to do list.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #17
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Just found this... I love geocaching! I have not done it the past few months due to weather and all the mosquitoes, but when it gets cooler I will start again!

What kind of GPS do y'all use? I used a handheld Garmin, though I miss the Iphone with Geocaching.com software...
Old 09-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #18
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fghtngsquirrel View Post
Just found this... I love geocaching! I have not done it the past few months due to weather and all the mosquitoes, but when it gets cooler I will start again!

What kind of GPS do y'all use? I used a handheld Garmin, though I miss the Iphone with Geocaching.com software...

This is a really old String..?? But, might as well tell what I know. I bought a Garmin HC from Walmart for 108$ and got a free complete road map with the ponds rivers and lakes mapped out for free on the internet. If you want the link, let me know.. it's an 800 MB file. 2008 US Road Map.

The whole Family loves to GeoCache
Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #19
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSter0077 View Post
This is a really old String..?? But, might as well tell what I know. I bought a Garmin HC from Walmart for 108$ and got a free complete road map with the ponds rivers and lakes mapped out for free on the internet. If you want the link, let me know.. it's an 800 MB file. 2008 US Road Map.

The whole Family loves to GeoCache
Yeah, but I thought it'd be better than starting a new thread. I think I have the same Garmin... does yours have the SD slot? Mine doesn't, and I regret not buying one with it...