1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I have thin hair

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tacomathunder, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Sep 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    my head hair is pretty thin, not receding but just very thin now, thinner than years passed.... would rogaine work to make my hair thicker?

2. Sep 18, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    it only works as long as you use it....it ain't the end of the world if you get slick on the dome...

3. Sep 18, 2013 at 5:27 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    My 100% recommendation -Nioxin and keep using it. No matter what other treatment you use, Nioxin will promote great scalp health.

I'd also recommend brushing your head a few times per day. Not for the purpose of keeping the hair neat but more to stimulate blood circulation in your scalp.

Rogaine and Propecia work but have other side effects. Also they do not work once you stop using them. Overall scalp health is just something that needs to be part of our routines as we get older.

4. Sep 18, 2013 at 5:33 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Go for the give up and shave it all.

5. Sep 18, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    Probably terrible points
    1) Find a hot wife before hair is gone
    2) don't worry about your hair

6. Sep 18, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    This, just embrace it. It's not worth the money and trouble. I shaved mine off a long time ago, because it receded and thinned out.

And definitely don't ever go the comb over or toupee route. I don't understand how those guys don't see how bad it looks. I also wonder if they sort of envy guys who do shave their head.

7. Sep 18, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    With the exception of rare scalp diseases, hair loss is genetic, DNA and all that, yes, you can stimulate it to a certain extent and maintain you hair a bit longer, but, personally, I wouldn't want to be putting on the stuff for the rest of my life because of the long term side effects...

my nick sez it all, I close clip with electric clippers once a week, it hides the bald spots fairly well....

I lost all my hair when I had chemo some 36 years ago (very early form of chemo), it was falling out kinda fast anyway due to the DNA thing, the chemo just finished it off quickly, nothing came back....

when you get older, hairs start growing in strange places, got to give you something to think about for the next 40 years or so, hehe...

and, many women like men without hair, I have never had a problem...

don't worry about losing it and move on...

8. Sep 18, 2013 at 5:57 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Think of all the cool guys with shaved heads, Lex Luther, Buddha, Kojak, Kerry King, Mr Clean, Yul Brynner in the King and I, Captain Picard, that chick in the very first Star Trek movie, 'taint the end of the world, I'm shaving the sides up and will either do a Mohawk then shave it all or just shave it all and look like some badass skinhead biker. Yeah it sucked when I realized the writing was on the wall and it was time to do something but I will not let vanity get the best of me, that looks really silly.

9. Sep 18, 2013 at 5:58 AM
    danteisme

danteisme Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB Sport, 96 Integra GSR
    my hair has gotten very thin right on the top, i started using rogaine about a year ago now. i have not noticed any growth back, but i have not noticed any more scalp that what i see now. i personally have not noticed any side effects either.

i actually would just shave my head, but my head is lumpy as hell, i would look odd lol.....like a reverse golf ball

10. Sep 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    This

You're fighting a losing battle

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  11. Sep 18, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    this. plus the ladys dig confidence so shave it and own it

12. Sep 18, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    Watari06V6

Watari06V6 Faster than a speeding ticket

Member:
    Wounded Knee
    Vehicle:
    TRD-V6-SR5-06
    Reality sucks. let it shine brother, shave em all. pshh Rogaine? use your money for mods instead lol

13. Sep 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    ZebraTaco

ZebraTaco Active Member

Member:
    Haha, exactly. Just like with anything, if you just own it, it won't matter anymore. No use in spending a lot of money on products that probably don't work.

14. Sep 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    The best thing I ever did was start shaving my head. I started getting the stereotypical male pattern baldness in my early 30's but kept my hair normal length until around 37-38. I finally said f$#k it and with the wife's approval just bought a wahl's electric clipper and buzzed it off. Haven't gone to a barber or paid anybody to cut my hair now for a few years. It's colder in the winter but other than that I love it.

15. Sep 18, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    OP is young!!

damn. that sucks.

anyways, mine started to thin. big time. i was older tho. i found that keeping it super shorts helped it look better. neater. i just kept getting shorter haircuts until i strapped on a #000 steel blade and just went for it.

eff it. it will be like holding back water. just go with it.

16. Sep 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    Runn0r

Runn0r Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunn0r
    I heard on some TV show that baldness = more testosterone. Who knows? but I would say excersize like a mofo and eat some fruit.. or biotin supplement...your hair comes from eating vitamins found in plants/fruits. Im sure some of it comes from fish/beef but mostly from plants. no shit.

-Signed

Walter White.

-But no shit really, eat some vegetables/fish/fruit. Protein/fiber/vitamins. If yo hair don't grow after that. Than you are just a badass...or you have cancer. -Cheerz

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  17. Sep 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Just get use to ,,,hay cue ball.

Products Discussed in

To Top