Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

back to the future yota

Old 03-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
back to the future yota

alright guys and fellow older toyota lovers
this debate has been going on sence 20 years ago
which is it
85 solid axle or 86 ifs
i say 86 cuz on 85s the axle hubs stick out 5-6 inches and the 4wd hubs on a 86 stick out 3-4 inches
but what do yall think

(*reminder the movie came out in 1985)

http://www.imcdb.org/images/003/742.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
back to the future yota-742.jpg  
Old 03-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't matter when the movie came out. Hell, it could have come out in 1981 (When the DMC-12 came out) and still had a 1985 truck...
Old 03-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
It doesn't matter when the movie came out. Hell, it could have come out in 1981 (When the DMC-12 came out) and still had a 1985 truck...
I think it would matter when the movie came out. Seeing as though movies can be filmed a year before hitting theatres, it would be hard for them to have vehicles from the actual future. Yes, I know production companies and auto manufacturers can swing deals to get new vehicles into movies, but that's not my point.

My point is, it does matter when the film was released in theatres.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
I think it would matter when the movie came out. Seeing as though movies can be filmed a year before hitting theatres, it would be hard for them to have vehicles from the actual future. Yes, I know production companies and auto manufacturers can swing deals to get new vehicles into movies, but that's not my point.

My point is, it does matter when the film was released in theatres.
Right over your head.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Right over your head.
Oh! Shit! Now I get it!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
it looks like a IFS model.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
bump.

realized i have the trilogy on my hdd.

felt like doing some research.

Hopefully it's obvious from these shots
Old 06-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

hmmmmm still looks like ifs
i found that same pic on the interweb a few days ago and was going to pit it on here but was too lazy
thanks for posting it for me
Old 07-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
Jordanlawrence is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
Jordanlawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
bump.

realized i have the trilogy on my hdd.

felt like doing some research.

Hopefully it's obvious from these shots
pictures gone but from the picture above its SFA for sure. you can see the straight axle clearly
Old 07-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
I remember watching that movie, and thinking how awesome that truck looked. Now it just looks like an old truck. A cool truck, but old! Man I feel old!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn View Post
I remember watching that movie, and thinking how awesome that truck looked. Now it just looks like an old truck. A cool truck, but old! Man I feel old!
I never seen the movie, but I believe it was the same film with the new at the time, Jeep Wrangler YJ with square headlights, both vehicles look old today in my eyes haha.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery

SA

/thread
Old 07-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post

SA

/thread
Thank you for being late
Pittim gave us the answer on 6/26/2009
Old 07-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Call Michael J Fox! Better have patience though because he will be dropping the phone a lot.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Can't see his pics.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Can't see his pics.
Discussion still ended on said date
Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #17

Marines:
Nothing ever ends