1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This is why those pictures don't belong in live

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Haslefre, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Sep 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    http://helpmesave300.com/

I wanted to post this. To me, this is why the pictures of all the drinking and partying do not belong in live. Kids see these pictures. See these things going on and stuff like this happens.

Brian Holloway was an all pro, superbowl winning linemen. He had two houses, one of which was up for sale in NY state. Well, some retarded kids decided to break into the house and have a huge party there. While doing so, they posted pictures of themselves at this house drinking, smoking, doing drugs onto facebook and twitter. Why? Because they think its COOL TO DO IT because of what they see on tv, and what they see on the internet.

Now, the owner is out 20k in damage. He gave these kids and parents a chance to come and fix their damages without and charges. He posted the names of the kids online (it was already public property) but only one kid and his family showed up. Now the parents of the rest of the kids are gathering their lawyers to sue Mr. Holloway.

Not just do the kids have no respect for anything, but it seems the parents are the ones letting his happen. It sickens me beyond anything you can imagine. What happened to parents beating their kids when they did shit like this? The KIDS should be there cleaning this up. If not, they should be in jail for B&E.

Thoughts on this?

2. Sep 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    FearNothing321

FearNothing321 You gonna eat that taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Audi S3
    Its amazing that there is no responsibility these days...

3. Sep 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Unreal. :eek:

4. Sep 21, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I would have thought more parents would have made their kids go clean up their mess. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hope the owner has ALL those kids arrested and make them pay for the damages. Hope he gets a GOOD lawyer to defend himself, since the IDIOT parents won't accept / make their kids accept responsibility.

5. Sep 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I can't believe that folks are thinking about suing him.
    Totally insane that people are talking about suing him....and I don't forsee it getting better because obviously the parents don't have any accountability either.

6. Sep 21, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB TRD OR S/C
    TRD supercharger, TRD exhaust, skids, sliders
    Kudos to the one kid and their parents for showing up. That is what right looks like.

All the others lawyering up can go screw themselves. Go take responsibility up front.

7. Sep 21, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i'd be pressing charges on every single kid that didnt show. have the courts force the kids/parents to pay.

8. Sep 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    This culture pisses me off. Why can't we just take responsibility for our actions or our children's? I know if my son did something like this he would be at that house every day

9. Sep 21, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I experience the irresponsibility of society and parents and children every day.

It starts with the parents, always.

10. Sep 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    alwaysfaded

alwaysfaded Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    So. Cal.
    Vehicle:
    08 Black taco, 5 spd.
    blacked out tint, k&n drop in, removed secondary filter, kenwood 7" touchscreen, 12" memphis audio sub, 1000 watt amp, Alpine type R conponets
    Man, reading some of those tweets from some of those kids make me want to punch them in the throats lol. I am embarrassed for them

11. Sep 21, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    In the end Mr. Holloway will win. All he did was post pics of the inside of his home. The kids and the parents will get a valuable lesson in life I am sure. If this goes to a trial I would not mind being on the jury. ;)

12. Sep 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    The Parents are worse than the Children. What a surprise. Parents should be responsible while their Children live under their roof. Put a leash on the Bastards if you have to. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  13. Sep 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    I can hear the parents now: MY little Johnny wouldn't do such a thing... his friends must have convinced him to do that. He doesn't drink or do drugs!!! :rolleyes:

x 2 on the jury. Guilty on ALL counts!!!

14. Sep 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Society is so ass backward now-a-days that it doesn't matter what gets posted where, young kids everywhere are already experimenting with drugs, alcohol, and everything else. Hell, you got tv shows about girls pregnant at 15 and 40 year old losers that drink 7 days a week. No matter where you try to set an example, it's never going to work. The parents are the only ones able to set an example and most of them are a bunch of candy asses anymore.

15. Sep 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I don't care about drinking pics in live, nor do I think this story is the norm.

The story is sad, and the kids are assholes because the parents are assholes. Simple as that. Assholes raise assholes. But I think his lawyers are going to have an asshole field day with them. Sad that he has to spend the money to get his money.

I see nothing wrong with grown adults posting pics of their fun. I get a kick out of it, and then I think, glad I'm not there, cause I don't drink like I used to and drunk people are annoying when your sober. :laugh:

Can't really compare this story to good time pics in live. Breaking and entering is a whole nother level. Which is where the assholyness comes in.

Only thing that was done wrong by those who shall not be mentioned, because let's be honest, that's what this is about, was the suggestion of driving while drunk. Which from what I understand was not the case, but the suggestion was there. Then of course came name calling and the rest, but that's not what we are talking about.

16. Sep 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    But there are still younger people that are on this site. People that shouldn't be subjected to it. People that we should avoid showing it too. All they think when they see this stuff is all we do is wrench, off road and drink a lot. Not all meets involve the alcohol that is usually shown in these pictures.

17. Sep 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    That's like saying we shouldn't subject these kids to real life, because we need to protect them.

Kids are going to do what they want to do, that's part of being a kid. Pics of it in live are not going to influence that either way.

18. Sep 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    So should they ban alcohol at sporting events or other public places that children may witness an adult drinking it? It's not about shielding kids from everything going on, it's about teaching them to make the right decisions when confronted with it

19. Sep 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Agreed with Deevon. My cousins who are in middle and high school said they play (root beer) pong and flippy cup in school for fun days or whatever. They are better than me at those games too. :anonymous:
    The only thing I could influence them with is hardcore drugs because everything else has already been experienced and they got in trouble for it.

20. Sep 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Any Sunday a kid sits with their dad watching the football games will have far more visual references to alcohol than a day of TW live.

This is a truck forum.

We all need to get a little thicker skin and worry about ourselves instead of what each other are doing.

Products Discussed in

To Top