LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Government shut down?!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #21
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #22
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Well the wife is out of work. She works for DOI. We are lucky for the moment that we both have good jobs. Give it a month and it will start to get tight. What most of the sheep in society don't know is this shut down and reopen will cost more then the little they save while most are furloughed.

It's time to clean house next election.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #23
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
It's sorta strange to me hearing some people say "they don't care" only because it clearly shows that "we" as a country can't function on a day to day basis. We're the ones who put these douchebags up there and no matter where you stand (far right, far left, wherever) it means something is broken (especially communication). I'm here....in the "beltway" and this affects me directly. What bothers me is the tax dollars being wasted, revenue lost, and many things on hold that some of you might not even know about let alone care. But, for those who rely on these programs, contracts, loans, plans, processes....this just added major unnecessary stress to their lives. This will cost us more in the long run...it's the cascading affect.
I agree with everyone on the "what's good for the public should be good for everyone on the hill" argument.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:12 AM   #24
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just feel sorry for all of the people that have paychecks that depend on these indecisive DB's. If anyone should have to go sans paycheck, it should be the House and Senate.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #25
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Well it really is noting but a show of Power. I am no longer associated with any Gov. Thank God. My wife is Critical Staff so she will be taking on the workload of people that work over in VA. Senate and Congress need to pull up their big boy undies and come up with A BALANCED budget. I mean how hard could it be? We as homeowners and business owners do it all the time, just on a smaller scale! We as Citizens should never have to pay to enter or use a National park or monument that our tax dollars are used to take care of in most manners. The real issues of our nation will be put aside and ignored. Welcome to the real world DC.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #26
WyoRoam is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Department of Interior
Name: Brian
WyoRoam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns View Post
Anyone else out of work with this shutdown?

Yep. We came in this morning for 4 hours to shut the refuge down.

FYI for anyone who wheels on federal public lands, expect locked gates for the time being, unless that land is managed through a MOU with other local governments.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #27
mad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
mad monk's Tacoma Gallery
well now we've done it, a great site for tacoma owners is now digressing into the wonderful world of politics, proceed with caution!

count me in as an "I don't care".
will mail get delivered - YES
will planes take off & land - YES
will you still get taxed - YES
will illegal aliens still get welfare checks - YES

only time a politician cares about what you say is when you contribute millions to their re-election campaign.

got Au, Ag & Pb?

BTW -Who is John Galt?

Old 10-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #28
JPC2061 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: J.P.
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
This means I get to make my own rules now, right?

Old 10-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #29
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
And yet the people that made the decision to let 800, 000 people go unemployed and not get paid are still getting paid.. Freeze their pay and see how fast they come up with a decision..
x2. I don't understand how those guys can make a decision to put thousands out of work, yet those morons are still getting paid. If I show up to work and DON'T DO MY JOB, I don't get paid. If thousands of people who are barely eeking by on a tight budget have to feel the squeeze, the people voted in who made that happen ought to have their livelihood cut down as well.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #30
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
x2. I don't understand how those guys can make a decision to put thousands out of work, yet those morons are still getting paid. If I show up to work and DON'T DO MY JOB, I don't get paid. If thousands of people who are barely eeking by on a tight budget have to feel the squeeze, the people voted in who made that happen ought to have their livelihood cut down as well.

they can't. In the article i posted it explains. Some members do feel they do not deserve pay either and "say" they are going to donate their pay or not except it.

But there is a law that literally blocks them from not getting paided.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #31
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
they can't. In the article i posted it explains. Some members do feel they do not deserve pay either and "say" they are going to donate their pay or not except it.

But there is an amendment that literally blocks them from not getting paided.
FTFY

Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #32
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #33
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post

But there is a law that literally blocks them from not getting paided.
I know that, it's actually even worse. Those jackasses actually thought about this in the past and thought to protect themselves in this type of event. Something like that should never have passed to begin with but that's beside the point here.

I'll believe it when I see some of them 'not accept' or donate their pay.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #34
I don't care about you!
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
I am sorry for those of you out of work. But Washington is broken. Obama care was pasted with bribes and shady backroom deals. This is what is needed to defund the unaffordable care act. The majority of Americans don't want Obama care. Where I live my current health insurance would triple. How is that affordable.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #35
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
In ten years we will struggle to remember that this even happened.

The United States Federal Government has shut down on 18 occasions since 1976

Old 10-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #36
RECTIFIED
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Working for free today guys...atleast my brother and everyone in the military still get their paycheck...I'll just continue securing the border for free while they grant illegals citizenship and pay for their medical shit

Old 10-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #37
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I know that, it's actually even worse. Those jackasses actually thought about this in the past and thought to protect themselves in this type of event. Something like that should never have passed to begin with but that's beside the point here.

I'll believe it when I see some of them 'not accept' or donate their pay.
true..due to what is point out below. Its not the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtaco02 View Post
I am sorry for those of you out of work. But Washington is broken. Obama care was pasted with bribes and shady backroom deals. This is what is needed to defund the unaffordable care act. The majority of Americans don't want Obama care. Where I live my current health insurance would triple. How is that affordable.

there have been MANY worse things passed then Obama care in the past that are all Corporate driven. Thats what sad is our government is more corporate controlled then people controlled.

this whole ordeal though could lead to even more uprising of the people though to bring back the power of the vote.

But who knows. Like Chipskip pointed out, its happened a lot before. But who knows how the context of this time will change how the pulblic reacts.

thats what will be interesting.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #38
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
No way this thread is making it past lunch....

Old 10-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #39
mr2snob is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
mr2snob's Tacoma Gallery
Wife works for the CDC so she's out today also. I don't know if cleaning out the house and senate since you could get some worse people in there. I would say we need to have a group of people that can disagree but still be willing to give and take at times. I'm sure I'm dreaming but this two sided nation can't last that long, it's all about give and take.

Obamacare was voted on and accepted. Regardless how, it is now law. Stop beating a dead horse and move on. I don't think holding thousands of jobs hostage to try and defund something you as a minority (lost the vote) want is the right action to take. If Obamacare fails, you can say "see, we actually know what we are talking about" but if it works, then you come out looking really bad. Personally I don't think it will work, but it can be tweeked to make it better, the base idea is sound.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #40

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
No way this thread is making it past lunch....
The only way this doesn't go past lunch is if someone locks them in a room and keeps sending them pictures of a lunch cart outside the locked door.

Closed Thread