Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Sobriety.... One year later... Please Read.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #81
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Thanks for sharing your story. Congrats on getting sober and getting help.

Thanks for doing the job you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
Man congratulations on getting your life back on track. And major appreciation for you for putting it all out there. Thank you for your services. And keep fighting the good fight.
Thank you!
Old 11-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #82
smartmonkey is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
smartmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you sir. know for sure your courage to share is appreciated.

My journey paralleled much like yours. 4 years army medic / 18 years helicopter rescue swimmer/6 years paramedic. I thought i was bullet-proof. then one day i couldnt filter the scenarios out in my head and no room to push it down anymore. Alcohol and depression...and all that made for bad. Congrats..god bless and never fear to share when you suspect emotional trauma. Blue skys..!
Old 11-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #83
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartmonkey View Post
My journey paralleled much like yours. 4 years army medic / 18 years helicopter rescue swimmer/6 years paramedic. I thought i was bullet-proof. then one day i couldnt filter the scenarios out in my head and no room to push it down anymore. Alcohol and depression...and all that made for bad. Congrats..god bless and never fear to share when you suspect emotional trauma. Blue skys..!
Thanks my friend!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #84
schwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
schwangster's Tacoma Gallery
B.Turner- how have you got that 30" RI mounted? On the RI mounts? Sits nice.

BTW, you guys that did something to remedy your situation and then share it here- thank you! You may never know where inspiration to others for that 'moment of clarity' is given.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwangster View Post
B.Turner- how have you got that 30" RI mounted? On the RI mounts? Sits nice.
It's a 40" mounted on the inside tabs of a N-Fab Light Bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwangster View Post
BTW, you guys that did something to remedy your situation and then share it here- thank you! You may never know where inspiration to others for that 'moment of clarity' is given.
Thanks! That is my hope for this thread.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #86
Wynner is on a distinguished road
Wynner's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the post brother.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynner View Post
Thanks for the post brother.
No problem
Old 11-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #88
JKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
JKU3000's Tacoma Gallery
salute
Old 11-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #89
Bloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bloom's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...thank you for such an open, inspirational and well written testimony. I'm not a fan of hero worship, but you might be a rare exception. Please accept my gratitude and admiration.

By giving us all a better understanding what you and others deal with, as you have gracefully chosen to share here, you make me appreciate even more those like you who do for us what most of us cannot handle doing for ourselves. As you have shown, the price we'd pay and continue to pay is very high and because of people like you, we never know what it means to get that bill. To my thinking, that is true sacrifice for others, no matter the cost, any day, every day. Again, please accept my gratitude.

I've been through only a very small part of the things you found on the road you've chosen and I still suffer some of those memories. I have some experience climbing out of the pit, but what knocked me down that low barely compares to what you've described. Suffice it to say, I do know what the view from the bottom looks like and I also know that many once there never see a better view than the walls that surround them and eventually close in on them.

For those of us who think we are tough enough or strong enough to handle it alone, thank you for showing and telling us of a better way.

Bless you for your sacrifices and for your example! Whatever your motivations for your career and for sharing this private side of yourself here, may your reward be everlasting.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloom View Post
Wow...thank you for such an open, inspirational and well written testimony. I'm not a fan of hero worship, but you might be a rare exception. Please accept my gratitude and admiration.

By giving us all a better understanding what you and others deal with, as you have gracefully chosen to share here, you make me appreciate even more those like you who do for us what most of us cannot handle doing for ourselves. As you have shown, the price we'd pay and continue to pay is very high and because of people like you, we never know what it means to get that bill. To my thinking, that is true sacrifice for others, no matter the cost, any day, every day. Again, please accept my gratitude.

I've been through only a very small part of the things you found on the road you've chosen and I still suffer some of those memories. I have some experience climbing out of the pit, but what knocked me down that low barely compares to what you've described. Suffice it to say, I do know what the view from the bottom looks like and I also know that many once there never see a better view than the walls that surround them and eventually close in on them.

For those of us who think we are tough enough or strong enough to handle it alone, thank you for showing and telling us of a better way.

Bless you for your sacrifices and for your example! Whatever your motivations for your career and for sharing this private side of yourself here, may your reward be everlasting.

First... Thank you for the kind words. They mean a lot!

Second... Thank you for a very well written post. Using such a small amount of words you put into context everything that has been posted thus far.

Take care my friend!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #91
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Just found this thread.
We hear all these stories about members of the military coming home from war with PTSD, we often forget that there are tons of people right here at home that witness horrific things every day.
I've definitely gained a lot of respect for firefighters and EMTs after reading this thread. Thank you for posting this and I wish you the best of luck.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #92
jfdtruckman is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
jfdtruckman's Tacoma Gallery
B. Turner I just joined a few days ago and just now reading this thread/post. THANK YOU FOR POSTING BROTHER. I'm often around guys from L34 (I play pipes for the Jonesboro FF's Pipes n' Drums) and would like to meet you if I haven't already. Ty D.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdtruckman View Post
B. Turner I just joined a few days ago and just now reading this thread/post. THANK YOU FOR POSTING BROTHER. I'm often around guys from L34 (I play pipes for the Jonesboro FF's Pipes n' Drums) and would like to meet you if I haven't already. Ty D.
I'm sure we will meet. I'm pretty active in our union.

Stay safe Brother!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #94
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Great post buddy!!! Im going thru something myself right now and it will be the hardest Ive done. Its good to read others peoples perspective.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
Great post buddy!!! Im going thru something myself right now and it will be the hardest Ive done. Its good to read others peoples perspective.
I hope this helps you in some small way. If I can do anything please feel free to shot me a PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #96
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
Getting it off your chest and knowing that there is someone else out there with your problem is the first and best step in this process.

Thank you for reading this long winded post.
THANK YOU for posting your story/experience.
I will definitely keep the bolded part in mind-- I'll be going into the USMC infantry here this weekend (leaving for basic) but know that military especially those involved in combat such as my desired field will have an increased chance of experiencing PTSD.

Again, thanks for posting this as well as your choice of career.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #97
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Mark! 0311 huh?! Nice! Maybe you will run into Mr Grimm at SOI. Anyways, Good luck brother, stay motivated
Old 12-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
THANK YOU for posting your story/experience.
I will definitely keep the bolded part in mind-- I'll be going into the USMC infantry here this weekend (leaving for basic) but know that military especially those involved in combat such as my desired field will have an increased chance of experiencing PTSD.

Again, thanks for posting this as well as your choice of career.

Thank you brother!

Yes... There is a increased chance for you to develop PTSD being involved in a combat arena. But I think you are going in with the right attitude.

Thank you very much for your service!

Stay safe my friend!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #99
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
Mark! 0311 huh?! Nice! Maybe you will run into Mr Grimm at SOI. Anyways, Good luck brother, stay motivated
Most likely yep! It's just an 03xx contract right now so we'll see. I'll keep my eye out for good people when down there. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
Thank you brother!

Yes... There is a increased chance for you to develop PTSD being involved in a combat arena. But I think you are going in with the right attitude.

Thank you very much for your service!

Stay safe my friend!
You as well
Old 12-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #100
CelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My dads a firefighter, he comes a lot telling me some really crazy stories on the job.. I'm really sorry you've gone through with all this.. I'm proud of you for not drinking or using in 3 months!! Good for you man.