Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Is Mercedes-Benz slacking on their quality.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #21
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
Well I can vouch for the 99 V70 GLT's being crap, hell ours took $2K/6months and twice there wasn't even a servicing involved! Then there was a $4K charge for a second tranny at around 40K miles...a year or two after the initial purchase date. Granted it was used but it was a 3 year lease from that dealer with complete service records. The thing seems to be running fine now, aside form leaky shock/struts, minor interior defects, worn down brakes, and the need for new hoses (current ones are 10+ years old). Other than those things, it's beast now! The engine has never had a single problem and it's the turbocharged 2.4L I5 with one of the absolute best notes ever. You get a growl down low and then it starts to yell back at you and then around 3K RPM you get that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...pshhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh form the turbo. It's just great to hear. Definitely worth it to find one and gun it a few times.

Anyways, prior to 98 every Volvo was beast! The cars never cared when you serviced them, 3K mile intervals...15K mile intervals, didn't matter, they always ran and ran good. Oh well, they've gotten back up to that reputation, just don't get one built between 98-05 or 06. You'll learn why within a year. haha
the S40R i was looking at was an 04 or 05. I cant remember
Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #22
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
I mean the Merc. doesn't even come with Sat. Radio. Whereas those Japanese are producing cars that have all the bells and whistles imaginable for the SAME PRICE.
Not to rub it in but my econobox Mazda came prepped for sat rad...I just needed the Sirius receiver.
Quote:
Well that's at the end of the bad streak sooooo I'd say you got a 60% chance it would be a good one.
On the topic of R's, I really want an 07 S60 R...those are boss!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #23
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
My girlfriend's mom has an 02 CLK. SHIT. It drives like shit. It's falling apart. SHIT.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #24
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
My girlfriend's mom has an 02 CLK. SHIT. It drives like shit. It's falling apart. SHIT.
Hahaha! That's what she gets for buying German!

I don't care if your door hinges can hold a 200 pound man, how's that interior quality? rofl
Old 03-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #25
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It was extremely sluggish, too. It was disappointing!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #26

THAT IS SO WHAT SHE SAID! HAHAHA!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #27

Wow.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #28

not me of course...
Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
not me of course...

Riiiiiigt.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #30
6shooter has a spectacular aura about6shooter has a spectacular aura about
6shooter's Tacoma Gallery
c-class? - shit.
mercedes in general - shit. trust me, my old lady thought she loved a mercedes-fuck that shit. they are crap.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Riiiiiigt.

Of course not...
Old 03-10-2009, 05:41 AM   #32
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
All I can say is

Now sell the POS Benz and buy a real car..

Old 03-10-2009, 05:53 AM   #33
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
fuck porsche in its dentist loving ass. god i hate those cars. pretty much all "super" or "luxury" cars are for dumb fucks who cant turn a wrench.

the only ones i can even get excited about are BMW's and Aston Martins (oddly both are related to ford now!)

and mercedes and chrysler have been separate companies for a while now.

and they still suck.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:01 AM   #34
mcorbin is on a distinguished road
mcorbin's Tacoma Gallery
I was a claims adjuster for an after-market warranty company and everytime (quite often) we got a call on a mercedes we knew we would be on the phone for a while. They are really the worst vehicles on the road. Mercedes has an issue called "leeching" only attributed to them; it's when trans fluid creeps up the trans wiring harness and dumps in the pass floor board. Junk
Old 03-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #35
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Benzs are only good for 4 years before you have to get a new one!!!.. Its great for rich people who can lease one all non stop.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #36
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
i didnt realize till a few days ago that so many people here only have their taco because of the fact they either live with their parents... or their parents bought them one... makes me feel better WHEN I cant even afford THAT!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:54 AM   #37
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wife had the fomoco s40 2006, sucked ass, ditched it after a coupla years. Leaking battery, reflash ecu to make heat work, etc etc etc. All curb appeal & nothing to back it up. There, there's ya some car puns.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #38
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
my bro has the c230 kompressor hatchback and man, that thing is expensive to maintain as far as servicing the vehicle goes. when shit breaks on that, it's expensive to replace if you're not a diy-er. i had a 2000 BMW 328i and got rid of it because of the expensive maintenance. even though i miss the novelty of driving a nice european car, I certainly enjoy driving a well built/strong tacoma!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #39
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
In general, MB and other German cars - BMW - are grossly over-engineered. In an effort to justify ever increasing price points, they have built more and more complexity into their cars, thus a much higher failure rate. It is inevitable by the laws of physics and statistics that German cars will decline in "quality" as generally defined (ie, things working or not working). "Fit and finish" and "quality" are NOT necessarily consistent with each other and this is what gets people confused.....along with the prices.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #40
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
I've never liked German cars. What I don't get is that they are supposed to be "the best", yet their reliability is actually a hell of a lot worse than anything Detroit makes in regards to reliability. It doesn't matter if they are over-engineered and full of gadgets. The bottom line is that they're POORLY engineered. I can't tell you how many people I know with them or have owned them and the things just fall apart and have ridiculous problems.

Its all about status and badges. If you want luxury and reliability, get a Lexus. If you want to pay $200 for an oil change and have the transmission implode, get a Mercedes or Bimmer.

I especially hate VW's. Mostly because yuppies love them, they fall apart almost immediately, and the ads for them strike me as a bit on the Nazi side with that German accented Beetle saying: " It Wat da' peeple vant!" and they talk about "German Engineering" Ya?...ya?.. you vant guuumahn enganeeeering? ya? ya? Welll. not really if the things blow their zero centrifugal clutches at 30k. I know because my Wife's Mom has a Jetta and the thing is the biggest POS.

by the way- that new Caddy is hot.