Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Is Mercedes-Benz slacking on their quality.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Is Mercedes-Benz slacking on their quality.

I think so. I am not very happy with Mercedes (I have never liked them anyways). But my mom has a 03-04 Mercedes-Benz C240 and all its been is trouble. We got it last summer.

Heres a list of problems.
  • Ext. door handle broken
  • Int. door handle broken
  • Refused to crank a few times
  • very small on trips (not a mechanical problem, but a problem for me and my dad)
  • rear pass. door lock broke
  • tranny (auto-manual) is terrible
  • will not shift up when going up a hill. I have to basically put the gas through the floor to make it shift down.
  • pass. door sill broken
  • Its VERY sluggish
thats all I can think of for now. My mom takes good care of her cars though. I wash it every other weekend.

The only thing i will give credit for Mercedes, is the steering. My dads BMW X3 was spectacular all around.

Sorry had to get that out.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
My girlfriend has a mercedes SUV and that thing was a POS.
The cruise control got stuck at 75mph as we were trying to exit and she had to turn the car off. We had that car in the shop at least once a month until a drunk driver totaled the car. All the little stuff was breaking. Like buttons were falling off and little misc. Stuff like that.

Now we have an 08' caddy CTS, black on black interior, and that is one sick little car! No problems yet!

And my mother has the BMW X5 and that is an all around great car as well!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Taco969 will become famous soon enoughTaco969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: AFE
Taco969's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
Now we have an 08' caddy CTS, black on black interior, and that is one sick little car! No problems yet!
I also have a CTS love the car!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Those new Caddy's are so beasty looking. Love em too!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Its Mercedes, but still.....Daimler-Chrysler
Old 03-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
exactly. You guys have no idea how much i dislike Mercedes

Did you know that the BMW X3 is made in its own factory by another manufacturer under BMWs permission and supervision
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah the biggy and hopefully with that Northstar V8 right?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery

There you go. To calm your nerves
Old 03-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
The new Mercedes are trouble. If you like to drive your vehicle then don't buy one of these. If you like to have a loaner car then by all means, buy one.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #12
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
They were shit, they'll always be shit, they can't be anything better than...well...shit. Unless you're getting like an S550 or S65 AMG or black series...those will still fall apart but they won't be as much of shit as ALL the other ones.

But yea I really hate how you pay 60K for an E-series and it still has the UGLIEST center stack ever, I mean it's all cheap ass plastic! I could get a GM with nicer interior quality!

On another note, it's absolutely great to hear you guys are having no issues with the CTS, my dad has always wanted a Catera but they sucked then a first gen CTS but they were lacking and now the 2nd gen CTS's are out and I think they're pretty sick but he may have moved on from them and wants something more...like an S80 or TL SH-AWD model or stuff in that category of mid-size luxury sedans.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
^ I was so close to getting a Volvo S-40R. Black on Black

agreed the only Mercedes that are worth mentioning are the S class and AMG models.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #14
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
^ I was so close to getting a Volvo S-40R. Black on Black

agreed the only Mercedes that are worth mentioning are the S class and AMG models.
Those are nice! And even without the turbo those things are pretty damn quick! You'd be hella baller in that thing...get all the girlies. lolol

Don't forget the Black series...those are the baddest mofo's in the country!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
You mean......... THIS!!

Yeah man those Volvos can get you some where fast...... the only down side is that their made by Ford still. Or unless I have mistaken
Old 03-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #16

Hell yea! That shit is the shit!

Well Ford jacks their shit...like the MKS and Taurus are made from the S80 and the Edge is made from the XC90 and they jack all Volvo's safety equipment...yea, they still have share in Volvo but most Volvos you get are mainly Volvo's design and parts.

What's really funny is back in 98-02 when Ford first bought shares in Volvo they told Volvo to use American parts and those were the absolute WORST Volvos to come out ever! The irony is that the terrible transmissions that fail and blow up on the 98-02 V70's is that they were made by GM!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
haha that's hilarious.

yeah but the 96-99 were tanks. Body wise
Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #18
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
my mom bought a new C230 Kompressor in high school and we had a handful of problems with it... enough to get rid of it and get something else. i liked driving it (i was also 17 at the time so i thought it was amazing) but that model is the cavalier of Mercedes, so i don't know how much you can expect from it. after what i know now i'd go for a BMW over a Merc... the CTS is sharp but i'll do anything i can to not support GM products after the BS they pulled with the bailout
Old 03-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #19

Well I can vouch for the 99 V70 GLT's being crap, hell ours took $2K/6months and twice there wasn't even a servicing involved! Then there was a $4K charge for a second tranny at around 40K miles...a year or two after the initial purchase date. Granted it was used but it was a 3 year lease from that dealer with complete service records. The thing seems to be running fine now, aside form leaky shock/struts, minor interior defects, worn down brakes, and the need for new hoses (current ones are 10+ years old). Other than those things, it's beast now! The engine has never had a single problem and it's the turbocharged 2.4L I5 with one of the absolute best notes ever. You get a growl down low and then it starts to yell back at you and then around 3K RPM you get that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...pshhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh form the turbo. It's just great to hear. Definitely worth it to find one and gun it a few times.

Anyways, prior to 98 every Volvo was beast! The cars never cared when you serviced them, 3K mile intervals...15K mile intervals, didn't matter, they always ran and ran good. Oh well, they've gotten back up to that reputation, just don't get one built between 98-05 or 06. You'll learn why within a year. haha
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #20
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Like what you said. You dont get squat for the price your paying for those cars. All your paying for is the badge.

I mean the Merc. doesn't even come with Sat. Radio. Whereas those Japanese are producing cars that have all the bells and whistles imaginable for the SAME PRICE.

We can't rid of the Mercedes because we made a mistake with the former Hummer we had and so my grandad got it for us. But my mom loves the new Volkswagen CC. Its a sharp sedan