1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bullying

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by coffeesnob, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Oct 23, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    flatblack

flatblack Well-Known Member

Member:
    CDA
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 3.4 Manual
    2 pages of people discussing a major social topic and no one has disagreed with anyone yet
    This is incredible
    Haha

2. Oct 23, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was gonna start a thread titled" the pussification of America continues" in reference to the football game but i see its been brought up here.

It goes along with this generation of kids being coddled every step of their lives.

3. Oct 23, 2013 at 5:47 AM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    you probably know the reason...
    but I will indulge you - the "progressive" movement of a non judgmental and secular society that stared over 100 years ago has come to fruition. this also has lead to a lack of leadership and courage at all levels...from the dinner table to the board room. from Pennsylvania avenue to main street.

this^^^
    and this^^^
    and this^^^
    and many times, that home lacks character
    this^^^
    that'll change when the thread is entered by the bleeding hearts...and Canadians. :D

4. Oct 23, 2013 at 5:57 AM
    guitarjamman

guitarjamman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    "Zero Tolerance"

The nation has taken this whole idea and really ran with it. There is no more grey area, if a kid chews a pop-tart into the shape of a gun, expel his ass. If a girl drives to pick up her friend at a party to keep her from driving drunk or being in the car with a drunk driver, discipline her as she was near alcohol (happen recently in MA). Make a finger gun and go "pew-pew" at recess, suspend him because he needs a mental evaluation. The problem is that all of these stories have happened! When you do not allow a grey area and let an adult use their personal judgment in a situation, it begins to get out of hand.

When I was in elementary school, a kid punched me in the stomach because he didn't like my shoes. I stood up and threw a fist at his face; he cried and the recess lady took us both to the principal. After the whole truth came out, he had his parents called and was taken home for the day, I got to go back out and finish playing. Not today, if a kid defends himself and fights back, they both get suspended. Ridiculous to say the least.

I can tell you what though, when I have a kid they will be disciplined and spanked just like I was. The main job of a parent is to teach their kid how to act and behave to fit into this world, not to be their friend.

5. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    It's because of uptight fucktards that think everything gun, alcohol, drug related is awful! These poor kids that get kicked out of school for making a gun with their hands are just being kids! Hell, when I was that young we had "gun" fights at recess! We ran around yelling "bang bang, you're dead!" I really think kids are too quick to whine nowadays and get other kids in trouble.

But it really is the internet. Everyone thinks their hot shit behind a keyboard and says all this shit. Bullying when I was younger meant someone called you a jerk or a loser. Kids now swear as early as they can talk and won't get slapped for it. I was scared shitless when I was a kid of swearing cause I would get my ass beat!

I also think kids these days are wimps. Take a joke, laugh it off, and move on! I was always a hotspot for picking. I was a small kid and I laughed off everything! Who cares if someone calls you a name? Being rough and abusive is inexcusable, but for God's sake, if someone says shit, it's cause they're too scared to actually do something about it!

6. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    MatthewMay1

MatthewMay1 I'm an amateur professional.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lone Star Republic
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '01 TRD
    Subd. Interesting to see what adults have to say about this since I am still in high school.

7. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:27 AM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    My biggest problem with bullying cane from my school itself, they constantly tried to hold me back although I didn't need to. The one time I had a school bully I thought I did the right thing going to the schools athorities but I was mistaken. Back in high school I used to do ju jitsu. I had a kid tell me he and his boys were going to " jump my ass in the hall" when I told the guide nice counselor and showed the conversation he said he can't do anything about it but that I don't need to fight back. I asked what happens if I do fight back and he said I'd be criminally prosecuted, I asked what happens if I just take a beating and he said I'll still go to jail but it may not hold...wtf luckily we handled everything outside of school but those rules set if up for failure

8. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    That's bullshit and a waste of everyone's time who got sucked in and now has to create a report and 'investigate'. Your football teams sucks, end investigation. Don't like losing, practice more and train so you can stand up to them next time you meet them on the turf. No one likes losing but, it's a fact of life. Losing used to be motivation to try harder so you can win next time, now it seems that losing is just an excuse to start a lawsuit. Unbelievable... :facepalm:

9. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    Heyyyyyyyyyy

:wave:

10. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:47 AM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    Isn't it beautiful?

11. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    agreed
    did you tell her shes a dumb fuck for letting her son drive drunk? did you tell her its better he got arrested then be dead???
    meh i grew up getting my ass beat and although i hated it i knew it was for my own good hell im 22 now and the last i got beat was like 17 and i was bigger than my dad did i fight back? no did i just take it? hell yeah because i knew i did wrong these kids nowdays dont know right from wrong and dont understand responsibilities and punishment for actions. as far as bullying i think its a mixture of not being able to get away and kids are alot softer nowdays. kids that are bullied should be taught to toughen up but also cared for by ensuring they are no longer bullied

12. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    you sir just jinxed it lol jk

13. Oct 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    teneighty

teneighty I'd rather be skiing...

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    18’ F150 SCREW LB 3.5 EcoBoost
    Bilstein 5100’s (x4), 275/65/20 Cooper XLT AT3’s
    Haha not in those words. I spoke with her for quite a while after in an attempt to explain the consequences but it just wasn't sinking in. It wasn't her sons fault that he was driving drunk...
    I've always said that it would be horrible to be killed in an accident because you were drunk, but imagine killing someone else??!! You're putting everyone else's life at risk on the road. It's just selfish.

I just couldn't believe what she was saying. I bring that story up a lot because it was just so crazy to me.

There seems to be a lot of selfish people these days with no regard for any other person.

14. Oct 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    how about the t-ball games where they don't keep score, or the leagues where everyone gets a trophy at the end of the season etc...

15. Oct 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    lol funny because that was on the news last night that a local school isnt giving out "participation" trophies anymore. the side who argued to give them said "those trophies are to reward the children who tried their best" i say if you give everyone a trophy how do you know if they tried? so the kid that put 10% effort is gonna get the same trophy that played 110% bs

16. Oct 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Don't even get me started!

I think Sean Connery said it best, "Losers always whine about their best, winnners go home and fuck the prom queen".

17. Oct 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    Mapcinq

Mapcinq Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ontario, Canada

If you came to Canada, your ass would get handed to you by a polar bear 2 hours after stepping off the plane.. coddle that, bitch. :mad:

18. Oct 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    thats funny

19. Oct 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    calm your tits dont be that guy

20. Oct 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I was bullied when I was a kid....and guess what?

I grew tired if it, grew some balls ( ?? LOL) ...I've punched a few people in my younger days. Those people never bothered me again ....problem solved.

We live in a world of pansies.... Parents aren't getting involved enough to teach their children respect (and god knows what else). Kids are getting away with whatever they want... Not enough control and/or parental involvent.

Products Discussed in

To Top